Broadbanding Providings

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
my bad i though the cable still joined BT's backbone and that is where it bottlenecked I know my cousin with 8 or 12 meg cable broadband has horrible speeds during peak hours.

If it is 8 or 12, then it is not cable, it is Virgin ADSL in a non cable area, and suffers the same as all other ADSL when the exchange is over subscibed.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just got this e-mail about 20mins ago

Fair Usage Policy: your speed may be restricted
at peak times​
Dear Customer,
We thought you'd like to know that your broadband usage in November has reached 80GB.
In accordance with our Fair Usage Policy, and to protect the online experience of all our customers, if your monthly broadband usage goes over 100GB, we'll restrict your broadband speed at peak times (typically this is between 5pm and 12am, but these times may change depending on the demands on the network) to 1Mbps for 30 days.
Please note: your service won't be affected in any other way - we'll restrict only your speed, not the amount you can upload and download.
We'll email you again to let you know if your usage exceeds 100GB. For more information, including tips on how to manage your usage, please see our Fair Usage Policy. Or call 0800 707 6044, 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Best wishes,
BT Total Broadband team

Oops

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
aye my m8 got that for dl'ing over the cap 2 months in a row ..hehe was gutted at 1mb for a month

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dunno if anyone cares but as an update, the O2 service went live today. I've run one test on Speedtest.net and the first go was faster than the peak speed that I had whilst on Sky. Will do some more testing when I get the chance but faster for less with O2 = stupid of Sky to price jack me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom