Broadband

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My brother wants to get broadband and he will also need to pay for line rental. He's in a flat so he can't get a sky dish and i don't think they have cable in his area.

So far I have looked at BEthere, BT and TalkTalk. I think I heard people say TalkTalk & Orange were crap?

I don't think 10gb limit will be enough for his needs, however 20gb+ would be fine.

The problem with BT seems to be with their packages. A few of them are ok value, but only 10GB download.

BEthere look to offer a cheaper package, and it's 12 months not 18 like BT.

The only other thing is they may move at some point, so I don't know much regarding them moving the broadband.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Starman

Part of the furniture
Try looking at SamKnows and see what's available at your exchange/area. Personally I'd recommend either LLU O2/BE or Sky or if you want faster and are in an enabled area Virgin Media Cable.

BE do offer 30 day running contracts - you do have to pay more but if they want to move at short notice then might be a good option.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Zen ftw :D

expensive end of the scale, however does have 1 month contracts

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thanks Starman, he's not got a massive budget but the freedom of the 30 day is rather nice.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Aquiss ftw.

• 1 month contracts
  • Clear download limits during peak times (Family 08:00-23:59; Business 08:00-19:59)
  • NO download limits off peak
  • Up to 24Mbps through LLU if you have C&W/Bulldog on your exchange.
  • No port throttling
  • Technical support and customer service that actually know what they're talking about.
  • One of the few ISPs to provide superfast fibre (where available, 12 month contract).

Hit the button for more info :) >>>

Bahumat

FH is my second home
They look kinda shit Zenith. £25 for a monthly contract for the 30gb (slightly cheaper 3gb one seems pointless). That's probably not including line rental.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
That's why you should check SamKnows and find out which ISPs are at the exchange. An LLU ISP will provide much more value for money than one which relies on BT for connectivity.

BE/O2 if you can (3 month contract available on BE, 30 day on O2), Sky (can just do broadband on its own apparently, 12 month contract though), or one of the other resellers if for some strange reason these aren't available but other LLU providers are.

If you're forced to use a BT reseller then find a provider which gives the level of service you need. Some will offer "unlimited" but traffic shape the hell out of your connection during peak times. Aquiss may only give you 30GB of bandwidth during peak time, but off-peak is unlimited. Zen gives you a specific amount of data each month, regardless of what time you use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom