Broadband Providers

Tilda

Currently on blueyonder (although now virgin) broadband, no complaints.

Parents contemplating switching to sky broadband, has anybody heard good/bad things about this?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Only comment I heard was about their call centres, typical non-personal scripted people on the phone. From a technical side, The guy i know who uses sky broadband has had no problems and the connection is ok.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Have you got the assoicated virgin product, tv and phone? If you have remember that you will have to switch your phone back to a BT line. Best to see who will offer you a better package price.

Personally I go with the if it ain't broke approach. My broadband (telewest now virgin) has never been an issue, now i'm on their ten meg service and it's spiffing. Oh and despite reports of them capping the connection, I have not yet had a reduction in speed.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Check your telephone exchange first to make sure you're in a Sky LLU area - The Broadband Resource.

If you're in a Sky LLU area you'll get up to 16mbit with an "unlimited" monthly allowance (apparently 200-300GB going from rumours, but I'm not entirely sure). If it isn't LLU then it'll only be up to 8mbit with 40GB a month.

If you don't download more than 40GB a month anyway it'll probably be irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom