British flag flies again

Marc

FH is my second home
There was a story in the news recently about a white caucasian school girl who is taking her case to the high court. Basically, she was banned from wearing a cross on a chain round her neck as it could be conceived as been insulting to muslims (something like that)

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
There was a story in the news recently about a white caucasian school girl who is taking her case to the high court. Basically, she was banned from wearing a cross on a chain round her neck as it could be conceived as been insulting to muslims (something like that)

Well if muslim school girls aren't allowed to wear the Hijab then that is fair enough.

Marc

FH is my second home
Well if muslim school girls aren't allowed to wear the Hijab then that is fair enough.

That was the whole point of her going to court,muslims were allowed to wear what they wanted. Plus, muslims are in OUR country. If they find stuff offensive, fuck off home. Simple.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
That was the whole point of her going to court,muslims were allowed to wear what they wanted. Plus, muslims are in OUR country. If they find stuff offensive, fuck off home. Simple.

Our country? It's just as much there country as ours if they are say second generation. Being white and Christian doesn't make you more English.

gohan

FH is my second home

aye, im not saying persicute them, but a big old head scarf an dress is not school uniform, a necklace or bracer is 1 thing but at the end of the day just cos thier muslim sihk jewish whateva doesnt mean they dont have to conform to the rules

its bullshit, they can do whateva they want basicly an say thier relgion states its ok, well im sorry but the rules of your religion are not the same as our laws

hell even our own religions (christian/catholic whateva its is) rules arent our laws, look at the 10 commandments

i dont see people getting arrested for disowning thier parents or fucking the married neighbour, so why should thier rules rate higher that the law when ours dont?

im not religious atall so im not bothered but when u see bullshit in the paper like ID pictures where all you can see is thier eyes cos its against thier religion to show thier face in public ectect

they banned hoodies in laods of places but head scarfs where you see a few inches of face are fine??

Marc

FH is my second home
Our country? It's just as much there country as ours if they are say second generation. Being white and Christian doesn't make you more English.

My point is, islam isnt historically associated with england, church of england is, hence the cross. I just think its absolutely absurd that muslims can complain about someone wearing a cross, in a country where the church of england is the religion associated with the monarchy.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
My point is, islam isnt historically associated with england, church of england is, hence the cross. I just think its absolutely absurd that muslims can complain about someone wearing a cross, in a country where the church of england is the religion associated with the monarchy.

Yes i can see your point. The thing is though if you do something like banning the Hijab (and the cross to a lesser extent) it will force those people to go into secular religious schools which will just make divisions worse. I would like to see relgion banned from schools, but this should be reflected in the curriculum not the dress code, people should be allowed to wear what they want.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anything is racist now-a-days.

I welcome anyone willing to bring us back to the 90's! (or earlier ;d)

1970s 4TW

Anyone seen Life on Mars ? DCI Gene Hunt gets my vote. Now THATS how you do policing ! :D

lom-2.jpg

Chronictank

FH is my second home

the school your talking about blanket banned all jewelry regardless of religion,
also the fact remains that there isnt anywhere in the bible where it says you need to wear a cross, there is however about the hijab ;)
If there was something funky you were required to wear as a Jedi (official religion) then they are well within their rights to make a case provided it doesnt infringe on health and safety (like that mong who wanted to wear the full burka a while ago, it is not stated anywhere in the Qu'ran that you need to wear that simply cover your body and head in public). They don't need to wear that, it is not in Islam it's simply their culture, as such the case was lost
I personally dont see what your talking about without you elaborating,
state religion is a thing of the past in this country, sooner people get out of the "my country" that "they" are in mindset the better
This is "their" country as well as yours, we are one of the few multi-cultural countries in the world where the community in general has been integrated succesfully.
I am British, born and bred in england and fucking proud of it, but i am not going to lose my identity and my heritage because closed minded individuals cant adjust to the way the country is

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom