Britain's worst accent

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I like (some) scottish accents actually. Gail Porter's voice totally does it for me.

Some of them can be totally indecipherable (Rab C Nesbit :D) but I still like them, they certainly don't piss me off like some accents. Whenever I hear Liam Gallagher talk I want to cut out his larynx :\

echo

Fledgling Freddie
Scottish turns me on, on the right girls. MY ex was a sexeh mofo from Edinburgh and did it for me. Hate Brum. Though I also went out with one of them, too.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Swift^ said:
Anywhere North of London, or West of Reading. YOU ALL HAVE FUCKING STUPID INTONATIONS AND ACCENTS, DIE. Especially the far north and west. There's nothing worse than Lancashire and Yorkshire accents, or Welsh or Conrwall accents. You all sound like spastics to the rest of the world, I hope you realise.

And you sound like Dick Van Dyke you southern poof. Chimchimerry, chimchimerry chim-chim-cheree...

Will

/bin/su
tris- said:
lol "typical fucking scotsman". thats what i can be heard shouting out on occasion.

Will, are you all like that? or is it just the people who are with wanadoo, who happen to live in scotland, who are arguing bastards?
Stereotypes reinforce stereotypes. If you assume you are going to argue with a Scot, and react accordingly, its not surprising you always end up fighting with them.

Calling us "typical fucking scotsman" isn't the best start either.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Cheuchters/Coasters, scummy Dundonians, Dour Fifers,Sing-ing Brummies, Deep Geordie. The accent of the Torry Quine, I came from Kincorth and could barely understand them :).

I find almost any accent acceptable, except when it is used as a barrier to communication, or as a device to exclude people. People who won't or can't moderate the way they speak to accommodate their audience piss me off more than people with odd accents (see above).

I also tend to think, probably entirely wrongly, that people who speak in 'mixed company' in an extreme dialect are either stupid or ignorant or possibly both.

Later

Gengee

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
All Scottish people are ginger, constantly pissed and are violent people who haven't heard of underwear. They prance around in gay patterned skirts and eat testicles from a stomach.

:D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
People often say the Brummy accent is the worst accent in the UK ... but when they imitate it, or refer to the fella in the Halifax advert for example, they are actually referring to the Black Country accent. The Brummy accent itself is pretty much neutral.

I detest the Cockney accent myself. Know what I mean guv'nor?

M

marmite

The worse accent is the mockney sarf london chav accent every kid in the south east talks like now. Nah what I meen yo norman innit

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Swift is right.

here's me:

scotsman.jpg

here's Will:

scotsman2.jpg

here's Leggy:

scotsman3.jpg

Can you you tell we're angry and argumentative?

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Hull has THE worst accent in the WORLD, oh, and Scunthorpe comes a very close second :(

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
scotish and irish. when i speak to scotish they are always arugmentitive, maybe that adds to the dislike aswell.

strange considering the amount of call centres being opened in Scotland due to the accents.

Hoever, there are some places in Scotland where I cant understand a fecking word that's spoken.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
.Wilier. said:
Hull has THE worst accent in the WORLD, oh, and Scunthorpe comes a very close second :(

Spoken like a true Grimbarian :) To the outside ear, Grimsby, Immingham and Scunthorpe all sound pretty much the same. Got to admit I don't like the Hull accent much, even if I do still come out with the occasional "naan" and "faave".

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
DaGaffer said:
Spoken like a true Grimbarian :) To the outside ear, Grimsby, Immingham and Scunthorpe all sound pretty much the same. Got to admit I don't like the Hull accent much, even if I do still come out with the occasional "naan" and "faave".

Truth be told, Im a Scunny boy, but the accent drives me fucking potty (Im posh, so mines different) Its just the laziest shite Ive ever heard, I swear some people dont know that there are 'T's in some numbers.....'fir-een, for-een' etc........pikey twats.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Lazarus said:
strange considering the amount of call centres being opened in Scotland due to the accents.

Hoever, there are some places in Scotland where I cant understand a fecking word that's spoken.

Indeed, there are some bizarre Fife accents. My gran from Dundee never made any sense when she spoke.

She pronounced "two" as "twoh" and instead of "take", she said "tack".

SilverHood

FH is my second home
The wannabe-posh working class accent from the area around Woking / Kingston.
Its *awful*

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
.Wilier. said:
most people i know have no accent :(
.Wilier. said:
Truth be told, Im a Scunny boy, but the accent drives me fucking potty (Im posh, so mines different) Its just the laziest shite Ive ever heard, I swear some people dont know that there are 'T's in some numbers.....'fir-een, for-een' etc........pikey twats.
said people are lazy :) and while were on it, 'right' doesnt have to appear in every sentence 6 times.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Cannock wins this one by a mile plsthxbye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom