TV Britain's fattest man

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just an addiction, not helped by the ease of obtaining food, and as he can't
move any more, who's buying him all that crap?
Does he live with the waiter from Monty Python?
Once they work out where the 'eat more' part is in your brain, they can zap
it with radiation, that and a million other social inconveniences.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
In Sweden we got up to 25% on food. And it dont take too much of an effort to get to that size, if you eat the right food you will bloat up quite fast. Im all for having higher VAT on unhealthy food, its sick that its cheaper to buy 1kg of crisps instead of 1kg of new potatoes.

Nah, there's bloating up, and you could probably get to half that guys's weight "organically", but when you physically can't reach the food and have to have it shovelled down your fat face like a fois gras goose, that's work. This guy was nearly 400 kilos; at that point even moving your arms to grab more food should burn more calories than you're taking in unless you're eating raw lard.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
And how many times can a man cry during a show?? :twak:
Should have gave him some 'cake'. Not the cake he'd enjoy, the Brass Eye style of cake, might make him cry all the water out of his body.

Himse

FH is my second home
Watched it!

Surely you'd get to a stage where'd you'd be like, right i'm struggling to walk now, surely i should shed a few pounds?

They cut a lump of tissue off of his leg, weighing 1 and a half stone. Literally insane, 1 fold of his rolls off his leg, and at that weight! fucking hell.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
His cock weighs four stone when he gets an erection. That is only a stone less than Laddey weighs in total!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lol at the ad for this page:

allyoucaneat.png

rynnor

Rockhound
I think there are issues with how the nhs rations obesity care - it tends to prioritise the heaviest so some people apparently do have to gain weight in order to get surgery.

It should target the ones who are lower on the scale but who's weight is increasing while they can still work. Doing the 25-30 stone ones probably still means they wont be working again for years.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I think there are issues with how the nhs rations obesity care - it tends to prioritise the heaviest so some people apparently do have to gain weight in order to get surgery.

It should target the ones who are lower on the scale but who's weight is increasing while they can still work. Doing the 25-30 stone ones probably still means they wont be working again for years.

Absolutely - I put this very arguement to a NHS review board last year, unfortunately I suspect it fell on deaf ears.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
it is really easy to put weight on if you are not careful, when I was ill I got up to something like 11 and a half stone, which when you are only 5 foot makes you almost spherical lol, anyway once I could go off out and about again it soon came off.

I'm not saying I disbelieve the whole 'it's and illness' thing but some people just tend to say that instead of saying 'yeah ok actually i am a bit greedy and have no self control' I am sure there are many people out there with strange mental illnesses that make them eat non-stop but maybe the guy (or his family on his behalf, surely they must of thought this ain't normal) should of sought help before he got to the size of a steam train?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
it is really easy to put weight on if you are not careful, when I was ill I got up to something like 11 and a half stone, which when you are only 5 foot makes you almost spherical lol, anyway once I could go off out and about again it soon came off.

Aww bless, you must have looked like a little ginger Humpty Dumpty. :D

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
There was a meal plan for his average day in The Sun.

Breakfast: Two Fry Ups and a can of Coke
Brunch: Can't remember... probably something like 20 slabs of lard
Lunch: 4 portions of fish and chips and two kebabs
Afternoon Snack: 40 packets of crisps, 40 chocolate bars
Dinner: Pizza, Curry's and Fish and Chips
Supper: 2 Kebabs and a large portion of chips.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
There was a meal plan for his average day in The Sun.

Breakfast: Two Fry Ups and a can of Coke
Brunch: Can't remember... probably something like 20 slabs of lard
Lunch: 4 portions of fish and chips and two kebabs
Afternoon Snack: 40 packets of crisps, 40 chocolate bars
Dinner: Pizza, Curry's and Fish and Chips
Supper: 2 Kebabs and a large portion of chips.

Sounds like Pinvan's mid-morning snack.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
He's 37 stone now. Practically a Calvin Klein model

Billargh

I am a FH squatter

Ezteq

Queen of OT
My friend pointed out today that this is the same guy that was in a documentary with richard hammond a few years ago where they explained how fat peole's metabolism systems work, he actually said in the show that he wanted to be britains fattest man and was actively trying to get as gigantic as possible.

I seem to recall when I saw the show his friend came round to help him bath...tbh I don;t care how nice a person is I draw the line at that in a friendship lol eww

and Chodax; yes hehe surely you remember how I looked in the numanuma video? should of renamed it chubbychubby hehe.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
and Chodax; yes hehe surely you remember how I looked in the numanuma video? should of renamed it chubbychubby hehe.

I never saw the vid, did I miss something worthwhile? :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol nothing I do is worthwhile; mildly amusing occasionally maybe but that's about it.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
just watching some of this now. they say he can't exercise? why not? he's not paralysed. he may be too fat to walk but he could do other exercises that burn calories.

also since he cant feed himself, why do his carers still feed him fuckloads ?

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
just watching some of this now. they say he can't exercise? why not? he's not paralysed. he may be too fat to walk but he could do other exercises that burn calories.

also since he cant feed himself, why do his carers still feed him fuckloads ?

Sudden Calorie reduction in cases like this can cause liver and kidney failure, but isn't the only reason. His carers have a legal responsibility to give him whatever sustainance he wishes. They aren't doctors or nurses, they are carers. He hasn't been sectioned, so their are no legal grounds to refuse him food or =to force him to diet. Any attempt to do so would be unlawful and under EU law it would be an abuse of his human rights.

Equally, any excercise that is likely to burn a lot of fat at once, (in this case that would mean only light excercise) can again cause similar problems and his heart would also be under an enourmous strain as is. Frankly, it has probably gotten to the point where it is dangerous for him to excercise or exhert himself.

Again, not defending the guy, I don't know the case, but the carers have no responsibility here and are not to blame for anything whatsoever.

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry, but that is a very narrow minded and very poorly informed view. I can't even begin to describe what is wrong with everything you have said there, because it would turn into an essay.

Sorry, but it isn't.

The consultant featured in the programme noted that humans are (probably) the only species to believe feeling even slightly hungry is wrong (resulting in snacking and ultimately overeating). Furthermore, if obese individuals are incapable of exercising control over a voluntary action, it would imply a significant portion of the populace (If statistics are to be believed >60% of the population is overweight and between 12-20% are obese) are psychologically and/or genetically unsound.

A more plausible explanation is that obesity is simply a by-product of poor life choices/lifestyle and lack of self control. If these were penalised (premium based NHS contributions or otherwise) rather than encouraged, it would undoubtedly go some way to addressing the 'obesity epidemic'.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A more plausible explanation is that obesity is simply a by-product of poor life choices/lifestyle and lack of self control.

Can't be just that, has to have some DNA factors in it since i've made plenty of poor life choices, eat like a pig and have zero self control :p

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry, but it isn't.

The consultant featured in the programme noted that humans are (probably) the only species to believe feeling even slightly hungry is wrong (resulting in snacking and ultimately overeating). Furthermore, if obese individuals are incapable of exercising control over a voluntary action, it would imply a significant portion of the populace (If statistics are to be believed >60% of the population is overweight and between 12-20% are obese) are psychologically and/or genetically unsound.

A more plausible explanation is that obesity is simply a by-product of poor life choices/lifestyle and lack of self control. If these were penalised (premium based NHS contributions or otherwise) rather than encouraged, it would undoubtedly go some way to addressing the 'obesity epidemic'.

Hunger perception and pain perception are radially different in humans than they are in other mammals. Eating disorders are not a lifestyle choice and for many they are not a simple matter of willpower or lack thereof. Not all, but many people who are obese are so because of a subtle interation of physical and neurological conditions here with a genetic cause.

I agree that in some cases it is simply down to a poor diet and poor lifestyle, but more commonly it isn't and sweeping statements simply aren't fair. I'm not going to argue, I have worked with enough people with these issues to understand the difference, and as I said, this could easily turn into an essay. You are entitled to your views, so we will leave it at that.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sorry, but it isn't.

Ridiculously over-simplistic viewpoint. And who would decide the threshold for these "premium based NHS contributions", since the definition of obesity is completely arbitrary anyway (and lumps bodybuilders and athletes into the obese category).

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Ridiculously over-simplistic viewpoint. And who would decide the threshold for these "premium based NHS contributions", since the definition of obesity is completely arbitrary anyway (and lumps bodybuilders and athletes into the obese category).

The issue itself is simple.

Any psychological or genetic predisposition to overeat will likely be an evolutionary trait relating to the scarcity of sustenance in the past. We are not evolved to live in the conditions to which we are accustomed, this inevitably creates problems. The fact is, if people wish to travel around by car and live/work in 20 odd degree climate controlled boxes, compromises must be made elsewhere. To label obesity as an illness (as Ford Prefect implies by saying he 'treats' these people) is ridiculous.

Contributions would only really work under a quasi-private healthcare system, however, since most publically funded institutions are havens for wasteful spending...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom