Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharma

Originally posted by Blood
The reason i dislike account selling is because:
- i hate seeing experienced players and friends turning into complete n00bs that dont have a clue about playing their char.
- i hate messaging old friends, only to find out a little later that im not talking to the person i thought.

but hey look on the bright side, when Niar was sold, emain got alot safer!

well said, kinda voiced my opnion too :D

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Elric IA
  • 1000 plats for £5 on hib/pryd
  • Level 50 Alb/Excal sorcerer
  • Mid/Excal 3 plats for £44
  • 1 plat 200g Hib Excal £10
  • Melancholy Cloak Hib/Excal £2
  • Level 50 Spiritmaster Mid/Prydwen £250

omfg - 1000p for £5???

How the hell did he get 1000p???

Also - omg at £250 for a lvl50 char :eek:

E

Elric IA

omfg - 1000p for £5???

He did because I meant 1000g or 1 plat but typed it wrong.

Shurely Shome mishtake!

Time to edit the post

J

Jebelious

basically only stupid people buy accounts and lazy ones. pathetic really

S

snoz

Originally posted by -Nxs-
This is really starting to take the piss now. I've been leveling characters on camelot for over 13 months now and have pretty much enjoyed my time there.

However, on just searching a "popular" auction site, the following are avaliable for real cash on the european servers.

4 x High level characters, 4 auctions exist
6 x Gold, 6 people are trying to sell gold/plat
2 x Items, rare drops being sold for cash.

All of the above are for excal/pryd servers, I know i'll be flamed for this but please GOA assure us something is being done, It just rattles my cage that people think they can just sell there account/gold/items to make a few quid - where as us dedicated players have grown to love our characters.

<sulk>

Get out more .............

If people wanna trade accounts i dont see wtf it has to do with you. Just because it takes you 13 months to level up some gimped pile of junk dont take out your rvr frustations out on those who wanna try a different style of class or buy some money rather then spend hours farming it. Account trading has gone on since the beta test of UO and will go on forever more. I take offence to whines like this .. you really must need to get a life .. why should you care ?

Id go as far to call u a weasel ? Some grass rodent who sucks at daoc so has to make stupid whiny posts like this .

I sold my first player way back in 1.54 days pre darkness falls. I was one of the first 15 to level 50 on pyrdwen and got bored of no good rvr. The person who bought my account still plays it now and is a very good addition to midgard. So please explain the harm of that ?

MOMMA HELP ME NEWBIES ARE BUYING ACCOUNTS AND OWNING ME I DUNNO WHAT TO DO

Anyway rant over ... but i think your a idiot

A

Addlcove

hmm taken screenshot of confetion of selling account, wondering wether to mail GOA or not......

S

snoz

Originally posted by Addlcove
hmm taken screenshot of confetion of selling account, wondering wether to mail GOA or not......

ROFL tbh

I posted i was selling it on this forum when i sold it .. this was when kemor was active on these boards.

BTW what was the characters names ? MM i forget ..

Complete lamer .. go squeze a spot

Omg they are going to lock me in jail.

Z

Ziva

Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

Originally posted by snoz

If people wanna trade accounts i dont see wtf it has to do with you. Just because it takes you 13 months to level up some gimped pile of junk dont take out your rvr frustations out on those who wanna try a different style of class or buy some money rather then spend hours farming it. Account trading has gone on since the beta test of UO and will go on forever more. I take offence to whines like this .. you really must need to get a life .. why should you care ?

Id go as far to call u a weasel ? Some grass rodent who sucks at daoc so has to make stupid whiny posts like this .

I sold my first player way back in 1.54 days pre darkness falls. I was one of the first 15 to level 50 on pyrdwen and got bored of no good rvr. The person who bought my account still plays it now and is a very good addition to midgard. So please explain the harm of that ?

He is entitled to his opinion just like you, no need to flame him ok?

Personally i don't care about people selling or buying accounts. I think they probably don't care as much about their char as other people cause if i leave this game delete would be my only option.

S

snoz

Originally posted by Jebelious
basically only stupid people buy accounts and lazy ones. pathetic really

Says the guy who cant even level to 50 ... take your newbie jealous comments somewhere else pal

S

snoz

Re: Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

Originally posted by Ziva
He is entitled to his opinion just like you, no need to flame him ok?

Personally i don't care about people selling or buying accounts. I think they probably don't care as much about their char as other people cause if i leave this game delete would be my only option.

Theres plenty of reason to flame him mate, for one idiots like that need to be put straight ... these aolers that have played online games for 5 minutes and think they can talk b*llshit and what they think is clearly right. WTF right has he got ? zero imho.

Secondly it starts a whole focus on the account trading issue again .. which alot of us would like to avoid, I for one enjoy account trading and see little harm in it. I forgot to add that when i sold my old account i choose the buyer wisely (a daoc USA player who wanted to move to euro servers). Upon moving back to DAOC I've spoken to him many times and hes a very nice guy and im proud to have him playing as my former self so to speak :)

Thirdly If he wants to start b*llshit threads he can expect to get zero respect and to be made to look the rodent that he is .. end of story tbh .. he should spend more time learning how to play daoc then thinking up so troll thread.

E

eynar

I really don't see how someone can be bothered by other people who are selling their accounts. And "it's against the EULA" doesn't qualify as a valid reason, it's even quite hypocritical if you ask me. If people did all the work to level their toons to 50, then why deny them the right to gain a few bucks when they are tired of the game? Seriously, people who actually report this kind of stuff to GOA need to get out some more. I bet the same people also reported how offended they are by the "rude" gesture or any names which break the CoC too.... :rolleyes: :puke:

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by eynar
I really don't see how someone can be bothered by other people who are selling their accounts. And "it's against the EULA" doesn't qualify as a valid reason, it's even quite hypocritical if you ask me. If people did all the work to level their toons to 50, then why deny them the right to gain a few bucks when they are tired of the game? Seriously, people who actually report this kind of stuff to GOA need to get out some more. I bet the same people also reported how offended they are by the "rude" gesture or any names which break the CoC too.... :rolleyes: :puke:

I find the "rude" funny, I do however report name violations (we´re talking guys with names like Ididyour motherlastnight, and other "creative" lamers)

and you can´t sell an account because it isn´t yours to sell, it is the propriety of GOA you are leasing it for as long as you play the game, the moment you stop paying the fee the account reverts to GOA again, in theory this means, you don´t pay subs they CAN delete your char (I know they don´t)

O

old.Tohtori

Ok so...

Hmm...

(puts on a flameproof outfit)

If you got the cash then abuse the hell out of the poor bastards!! Muahaha!! Go capitalism!

*ends the constructive yet very clear comment on account trading*

F

Fafnir

Well people have accepted the EULA and CoC so what is the problem???

Lets say i rent your car, i have it for a year, been paying you 10 Euro a month for it. Then i get tired of it and sell it to someone else. Its almost the same thing. :)

S

snoz

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Ok so...

Hmm...

(puts on a flameproof outfit)

If you got the cash then abuse the hell out of the poor bastards!! Muahaha!! Go capitalism!

*ends the constructive yet very clear comment on account trading*

lol nice

N

-Nxs-

Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

Really constructive thanks, nice to know you put some effort into that, after 13 months ive built up over 10 characters to over L40 on all three realms before deciding which i wanted to spend most my time on. As for "taking out RvR frustrations" thats got to be the most childish thing ive heard, I havent RvR'd much and when I do its normaly with the guild or a propper group and has proved to be great fun.

A grass rodent, a weasel... nice terms... you're just making me more persistent to get twits like you banned for selling/trading accounts. How the hell can anyone justify spending £100 to cheat in the game, after all thats what it boils down to.

lol and as for NEWBIES ARE BUYING ACCOUNTS AND OWNING ME thats is completely untrue, its these accounts that are sold that think camping sauvage road and trying to hide by a tree is really good fun - these kinda people easily die. How the hell can a NEWBIE - OWN - someone if they have no idea how to play the bloomin character.

THJINK BEFORE YOU POST !!!

N

-Nxs-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

Theres plenty of reason to flame him mate, for one idiots like that need to be put straight ... these aolers that have played online games for 5 minutes and think they can talk b*llshit and what they think is clearly right. WTF right has he got ? zero imho.

Secondly it starts a whole focus on the account trading issue again .. which alot of us would like to avoid, I for one enjoy account trading and see little harm in it. I forgot to add that when i sold my old account i choose the buyer wisely (a daoc USA player who wanted to move to euro servers). Upon moving back to DAOC I've spoken to him many times and hes a very nice guy and im proud to have him playing as my former self so to speak :)

Thirdly If he wants to start b*llshit threads he can expect to get zero respect and to be made to look the rodent that he is .. end of story tbh .. he should spend more time learning how to play daoc then thinking up so troll thread.

Sorry just have to reply to this, i really take offence to this.
I am NOT an aoler, never touched the ISP, i know exactly what your trying to say here and its not nice. as for played online games for 5 minutes, try over 5 years !!!

Ive notied its the majrotiy of people who want to trade/sell/buy accounts that are starting to flame me back... shame on you... what you are doing is in breach of the EUAL and trashing the game for the propper class of players - you shouldnt be able to BUY your way into RvR

I dont give a shit what you think, im not after respect.. .I just want some confirmation that GOA are actively looking into people selling accounts, and as for spending more time learning how to play daoc than posting here.... Im really confident in saying i know how to play all the classes ive rolled exceptionaly well, Ive had numerous characters on numerous realms and learned the ins and outs of each one. I stated before this is now 13 months of (real) time mostly playing each night (yeah ok call me sad - i accept that) but please dont accuse me of not knowing how to play when you don't have any of the facts !!!

N

-Nxs-

In summary of the posts.

I really hate account trading/selling - it pisses me of for some reason.
Its clear people do this, despite it being in breach of EULA
Most people who have posted here think there is no problem with this.

O

old.Tohtori

In summary of the posts.

I really hate account trading/selling - it pisses me of for some reason.
Its clear people do this, despite it being in breach of EULA
Most people who have posted here think there is no problem with this.

You forgot "Go capitalism! Down with the poor! Go rich bastards!"

:D

J

Jupitus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

I just want some confirmation that GOA are actively looking into people selling accounts

<waves>

I'll confirm that for you mate.

Signing out now, E&E cap officially hung up.

O

old.Tohtori

Re: Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

How the hell can a NEWBIE - OWN - someone if they have no idea how to play the bloomin character.

They must play animists. Blooming. You know, flowers. Stuff. Happy.

*blinks*

E

Elric IA

I do not personally have a problem with people breaking the EULA buying/selling accounts (my post above just highlighted the EULA). Their argument is with Mythic/GOA. However, I would expect any account seller to take their characters out of guilds before doing so.

In fact, if someone is daft enough to spend a couple of hundred quid on a computer game character or even a couple of quid for common drops then that is their business.

The only making real making money out of this game (either by selling chars, items, cash) problems occur when uber rare drops are being won in lottos and sold by these people or popular farming spots are taken up by people making plats for pounds when people want to xp there.

It does seem to be clear though that with the obvious and unhidden presence of EULA breaking activites and no obvious action against it, the Mythic/GOA are either not equiped or not inclined to deal with it.

C

Carlos Bananos

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

Sorry just have to reply to this, i really take offence to this.
I am NOT an aoler, never touched the ISP, i know exactly what your trying to say here and its not nice. as for played online games for 5 minutes, try over 5 years !!!

Ive notied its the majrotiy of people who want to trade/sell/buy accounts that are starting to flame me back... shame on you... what you are doing is in breach of the EUAL and trashing the game for the propper class of players - you shouldnt be able to BUY your way into RvR

I dont trade, sell or buy accounts, but i still think your a cunt for caring so much about other peoples matters that don't concern you in the slightest.

Shouldn't be able to buy your way into rvr? wtf do you think subscription is? :l

Lots of things are in breach of the Eula (lets talk about GMs named after terrorists again :rolleyes:) but that doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong, daoc has one hell of a leveling grind, so what happenes when you get to 50 (as a casual gamer...talking months) and really dislike the class you have chosen? What happenes for people who work 7 days a week, an have little time to play, 6 months, you ding 50....wow they introduce 2 new classes...

If it has nothing to do with you, doesn't effect you, and doesn't cause harm to anyone, why the hell does it get to you so much?

N

-Nxs-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
but i still think your a cunt for caring so much about other peoples matters that don't concern you in the slightest.

If it has nothing to do with you, doesn't effect you, and doesn't cause harm to anyone, why the hell does it get to you so much?

That is just so wrong, people that BUY there way into the game anoy me for two reasons... the first being unable to play their character efectively in a group situation this damages both my PvE experience and RvR, secondaly it just anoys me so much that people BUY an account with characters on instead of leveling up like the rest of us have done. Im bitter that I've spend time leveling my character to enjoy the fruits of RvR when others dont bother - yes thats my opinion and i fully understand that others are fine with this, but please let me express my point of view.

Ohh and calling me names is just childish, I've tried to refrain from that here as its not necessary.

A

Addlcove

I agree with NXS

and I don´t even have a 50 yet after more than a years play (15 months incl beta)

O

old.Tohtori

Then again...have to say...

If you got the ching ching no need for the levelgrind ding ding!

Mo money, less exping!

If you had the power to buy yourself the best features of every human on earth...wouldn't you? :p

E

Elric IA

Could use the same quote about your reply.

If it has nothing to do with NXS whether people sell accounts it must, by your arguments, have nothing to do with you. So why are you getting so worked up? Wondering if they will announce a sell nerf???

C

Carlos Bananos

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

That is just so wrong, people that BUY there way into the game anoy me for two reasons... the first being unable to play their character efectively in a group situation this damages both my PvE experience and RvR, secondaly it just anoys me so much that people BUY an account with characters on instead of leveling up like the rest of us have done. Im bitter that I've spend time leveling my character to enjoy the fruits of RvR when others dont bother - yes thats my opinion and i fully understand that others are fine with this, but please let me express my point of view.

Ohh and calling me names is just childish, I've tried to refrain from that here as its not necessary.

Aye, your always forced to group with Ebayers.

N

-Nxs-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breach of EULA, GOA please assure us something will be done.

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
Aye, your always forced to group with Ebayers.

So before you join a group do you ask :-
Have you played or purchased this character.

Thats like asking.... (no offence to anyone)
Are you a smite cleric ?
Are you wind spec, or do you actualy have Bladeturn ?
You are a slash/crush tank arn't you ?

Its just not possible !

I understand peoples view points here, some are fine with account trading and I guess i can respect that, but I'm not fine with it and just ask other people to see my point of view here.

P

PJS

Apparently anyone who buys a character has no capacity to learn how to play it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom