Bought a new gun

rynnor

Rockhound
Only problem is that strictly speaking you need an explosives license for the black powder to fire it...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Yeah TDC it's a kind of damper, and the stock itself absorbs felt recoil too, quite high tech stuff really. Much more complicated design than the Remington, but I got one of each so it's all good lol :)

righto. out of curiosity, what are those things like for maintenance? I mean, the closest thing I have would be the pneumatic fork on my MTB, and that needs reasonably regular looking after.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The one on my semi auto a few years ago I had for 3 or 4 years put about 30,000 round through it no problem I was aware of. It's more important on the semi-autos because they use the recoil to ejuct the spent cartridge, so the damping thing is very important. On the Supernova of course cartridges are ejecting manually so it's less imprtant anyway. My 870 has a piece of wood (ie the stock) to damp the recoil ,but I cant say I've ever suffered from it :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Only problem is that strictly speaking you need an explosives license for the black powder to fire it...

Actually theoretically you dont, I know people who shoot black powder guns, and they buy the stuff in boxes :)

A while back I shot a carbine dating from about 1865, the guy loaded it for me with a percussion cap, then dropped the shot down the barrel followed by the wadding etc. I hit the target, which was miraculous, but Im left handed and so got burned all up me arm somehow by the powder :) Still, good fun all round!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Nice shotty.

I wonder what sort of things you can get on a full firearms license these days.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Nice shotty.

I wonder what sort of things you can get on a full firearms license these days.

One a section 1 firearms licence you can get a semi auto rifle, but ONLY in .22 or 17HMR, no bigger, and bigger calibres strictly single shot, either bolt action or straight pull.

No pistols, obviously :(

You can get M4s and M16s and Kalashnikovs etc, but they have to be either in .22 semi auto, or converted to straight pull, which is a bit depressing. I was looking at some the other day.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
This pictures a bit better, still not so great though :(

Put 100 round through it today, did quite well, though the gun is still very stiff to rack the action, no doubt this will loosen up as time goes by.Benelli supernova 30.9 (3).JPG

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is that line of arrows on the butt so you know which way to point it?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I looked into getting a gun license recently. It is going to take 12 months as no one at the club my friends go to will give out a recommendation before you have been a member that long. So for the next year I get to go to all the meetings and play with some guns I could never normally afford. Can't wait to go there next weekend for the first time. My friends Dad is the nicest guy you could hope to meet and he said all of the members are top guys which i suppose is why they make you wait a year to be a full member.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You need to color it;

RWC-SG-HELLK-L.jpg

Now -that- is badass ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You may be suprised but you do get stocks that are painted, the shop I bought the Benelli from, Barretts of Caterham, had some in stock. I was shooting a clay shoot a couple of years ago when I saw a girl of about 12 or so shooting with her dad, she had a pink stock on an over under, and she was shooting good too :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh i don't doubt it, and i was being honest :D

That's my paintjob for the zombie invasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom