That's not a gun!

Very nice though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It looks like a pump action shot GUN

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That camera seems to take pictures OK to me.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It was only my phone :( I will do a proper epic outside photo at the weekend when Im at home :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It's a Benelli SuperNova in 12 bore with the short 24" barrel. I sold my last Benelli when I got made redundant a few years back, and promised meself a new one one day. The time came around and it turned out I didnt want another expensive semi-auto, but another pump action, so I got this. Only £650 for the most up to date pump you can buy arguably. It's got loads of things, like the stock absorbs loads of felt recoil with a sprung rod inside it, it has a 3.5" chamber which is the biggest you can get, and other good stuff too :)

My 30 year old Remington Wingmaster pump action is still my favourite though :)

edit

Looking at that picture makes me think we should have a "take a picture of your bookcase" thread, and people could see what books you got there :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
I would have to photograph my Kindle now :( That's the one thing I really miss about books. The bookcase.

Video of teddybear being shot with shotgun or it isn't real plz.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hehe classics will be classics :)

is that sprung rod you mention called damping what those americans on sons of guns on discovery channel are always going on about?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So, how's life working out for ya, in general? You got a gun now, doin some shootin?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I would have to photograph my Kindle now :( That's the one thing I really miss about books. The bookcase.

Video of teddybear being shot with shotgun or it isn't real plz.

^This. All my books, DVDs and CDs are in the attic and 99% of new books I buy are on Kindle. Bookcase was in my study, and my study is no longer my study its the Au Pair's bedroom.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Try not to leave the cartridge cases on the post office floor this time... :rolleyes::p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I'll stick with books actually, I like the thing of owning it. I've gone back to buying CDs instead of downloading albums too, seeing as there's little difference in price, why not?

Code:
"Remington Wingmaster"...
Is a version of the Remington 870 pump action platform, first produced in the 1950s, and still produced today, they have now sold over 10 million of them, they come in a variety of styles, from military ones to the Express, the basic model, then the Express Magnums, all the way to the tops of the range, the Police Magnum which is shorter and has ghost ring sights, and is sold to the Police, unsurprisingly. and the Wingmaster, which is the top of the range hunting / clays model. Enthusiasts reckon the best ones to buy are from the 1970s and 1980s, mine is 1979 :cool:

Yeah TDC it's a kind of damper, and the stock itself absorbs felt recoil too, quite high tech stuff really. Much more complicated design than the Remington, but I got one of each so it's all good lol :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
^This. All my books, DVDs and CDs are in the attic and 99% of new books I buy are on Kindle. Bookcase was in my study, and my study is no longer my study its the Au Pair's bedroom.

Off topic:
I think this is actually one of the things underlying my recent sense of a lack of achievement in life - I used to have this great bookcase full of books that I loved adding to, the same with CDs and DVDs. Now I have nothing there, I read a lot less and I pay less attention to finding new music to enjoy.

It probably coincides with starting work too, but I think there's definitely a psychological kudos to "collecting" and having "trophies" for any activity.

The problem is, I like my Kindle :) Hopefully one day they'll all come up with virtual bookcases, similar to the iPad's.

On topic:
Can we please see real-life videos of these guns in action? :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home

This is a thing called practical shotgun, different to clays.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
That particular gun is quite cheap, they retail at about £650, though you can find them cheaper. I traded another gun though, and got quite a good deal, so I didnt pay too much in the death.

Benelli semi autos go from about a grand to maybe £1600.

When you consider a basic Beretta over/under goes for £1300+, it seems reasonable to me.

rynnor

Rockhound
Hey Throddie - did you know you can get a small cannon on your shotgun license?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom