Bossiney Cluster?

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
"If you deciide to play hib, drop me a PM and I can help out with some gear etc."

Thx Aiteal, you are en angel ;) But the cash-problem is already solved.

I got the EU-version of the game installed on my comp. There was something I should change in update.dat? cant find that fricking file...

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/darkness/mpatch.dat

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
worked a treat for me...

now on alb US. my god its so nice to see people in the lowly bg's, had a blast chaining 6 enemy hibs and mids in the the 1-5 lvl DF with a practice dirk :p

V

Vai

It will still take you time to get a good template for RvR unless your in a very helpfull guild, and theres not to many of those on Bossiney.
I got 50s on Hib mostly and I do find the U.S. servers to be very picky about what class they group with. You will find the BGs fun, although Leirvik now has turned very quiet. Also Bossiney is now renowned for its 8 man guilds , who just so happen to be leeter than anyone else :wanker: , so hope you get the picture.
I have turned to crafting and BGs as my main Daoc life , due to not being to find regular grouping, and unable to use vent from 11pm - 4 am , which is the hours I am free to play normally.
Lag is fine, service is fine and you always got the Camelot Herald for info.If you want to play long term I would say go for it, but if you only going to play just for a few months I wouldnt advise it , unless you stick to BGs for all that time.
On a final note I am waiting on AoC to get me off Daoc forever. So many good games out next year I think you be wasting money on going to U.S. servers unless you really intend to stay for a while.
Hope this helps.
Btw I normally on as Vjith , Vai ,Vaii ,Vje , or just ask someone in Hell's Minions for me if you need a hand.

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Vai said:
It will still take you time to get a good template for RvR unless your in a very helpfull guild, and theres not to many of those on Bossiney.
I got 50s on Hib mostly and I do find the U.S. servers to be very picky about what class they group with

Absolute not,on mid they dont care about what classes they invite for xp/rvr

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
You mostly on Hib on US/Classic cluster?

Atm i play on mid/bossiney with Alfa if you remember him,but we have our mains on hib

And i wont mind helping ppl getting started,ill craft free cloth/leather to lvl 24. can make exceptions for red shadows ppl i know :)

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Fiver said:
Atm i play on mid/bossiney with Alfa if you remember him,but we have our mains on hib

Got mains on alb some of my mates got alts on mid

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Which servers are in this cluster? And how longs the x2 exp bonus gonna be around for?
Gareth, Lamorak and perhaps that last one. Cant remember.
The x2 exp/money will last for another 2 weeks. So more than enough time to hit 50, even if you play casually.
The patchnotes does say that it might be extended though. So hopefully they'll let that bonus stay for good, or for at least a lot longer.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Can someone please post IP's of these servers, wanna run pingplotter see if its OK from here? Should be better than Europe for me as traffic goes via New York anyway also avoids Opentranshite.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Well, I can't speak for the DAoC servers but I've played, in the past, on many US MMO servers and it's always fine. Not much noticeable difference to the ones here, if any difference. Course, that's a different story if you're playing CS or something :D

DavidH said:
Gareth, Lamorak and perhaps that last one. Cant remember.
The x2 exp/money will last for another 2 weeks. So more than enough time to hit 50, even if you play casually.
The patchnotes does say that it might be extended though. So hopefully they'll let that bonus stay for good, or for at least a lot longer.

Meh, classic :(

Gonna re open my account over there and get my cabalist 50, can't think of anything else to do now i got my inf rr5 :|

Gamah

Banned
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Meh, classic :(

Gonna re open my account over there and get my cabalist 50, can't think of anything else to do now i got my inf rr5 :|

Get it a non shit RR?

sweetleaf

Loyal Freddie
Love gareth cluster atm really buzzing. Nice that thid, molvik, leirvik and cath are really busy makes leveling fun again for me anyways.

Is it just me thats getting about a 1 second latency delay on everything over in US? Nothing shows on the lag-o-meter™, only seems to happen with spells and combat effects, but moving and everything is a-ok. :\

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
usa classic is pretty good tbh :) like 2800-3000+ people on prime time very nice well kept cluster that.... especially since no toa etc... still the no buffbot downside but not all that bad tbh since no1 else will have buffs also apart from vamps and heretics etc about to roll gareth myself got a few friends over there on alb :) champ buffs all the way :D

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Need a couple of tanks on US classic to join our group (all english boys except for me the paddy)

We are all in Thid atm, but intend to keep levelling up to big boy rvr

We currently have

cabbie
theurg
sorc
heretic
wizzie
cleric
friar

need a couple of tanks if anyone is interested :)
any pallys, mercs fancy teaming up with 6 gimpy ex stealthers?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
My fave was pally on Glast =) Looking into coming over atm will let you know if you still have space by then.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
lol yea thoroughly enjoying alb gareth atm, double xp in classic zones is lovely and quick.

thid was rammed with mids and hibs at ck, holes all over the place, groups constantly steaming into the action. I hate bainshee bolts already.

Maoixils - theurg gareth.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
heh rolled alb/gareth finally last night (14 day trial although i will buy it when the trial is almost at its end :x) :eek: minstrel in lvling :D some nice dude gave me like 1p for free aswell.. didnt even ask for it lol just said "i've just started here" xD *Lvls up alchemy*

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
some of you should roll mid,plenty albs/hibs.....

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
I really havent seen much action there the last few nights... seems pretty empty from 8cet to 3am

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
I really havent seen much action there the last few nights... seems pretty empty from 8cet to 3am

alot mids players online at that time,but not like on alb

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Gottas agree wqith everyone here , US classic cluster is very nice to play on , really friendly people , and plenty of action .

Only just come back to DAoC myself , saw the low pops on Euro and moved to US servers .

Playing Alb on Ector ( 3rd server in the classic cluster ) atm , was a shock to have duals etc inside Demon's Reach ( the lvl 1-9 rvr dungeons ) . Had a nice few fights in there with mids and albs . Even had plenty of lvl 9s totally ingore me and let me lvl up a bit when i first went in because i was only lvl 6 .

Also with the bonus xp , the old zones feel a little like DAoC used to when the Euro version was first released , which is a nice feeling .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom