Bossiney Cluster?

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Would be fun to play daoc a bit again but I cant stand toa and glaston seems dead. Anyone with x-perience from US? any off-time-action? mentality? lagg? And above all; can I use or trade my EU-game-keys or do I have to buy new keys?

/bow

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I recently came back to DAOC after 18 months or so.

Started playing on Glast but its just dead there. I'm back on the Pryd-Excal server but kinda pointless cos I cba with MLs, artis, uber RVR templates.

Thought about going to the US but I refuse to pay more money for a game which quite frankly is getting tedious no matter what realm, server, or toon. Its all the same, same bugs, same issues.

TBH I'll prolly play casual till WAR then dump DAOC for ever.

Himse

FH is my second home
US is nice, there is alot of action... from like 7 am to mid day.. then it dies until about 5pm gmt.. then its back to life...

that was about 4 months ago =]

you have to buy a new acct.. cata's is free remember now tho, and DR is like 10 euro or so..

no lag either.

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
I've just started up on the US classic cluster and so far even during the day theres at least 800+ and goes up to 2000+ in the evening euro time.
Havent come across anyone with a bad attitude so far(although I'm sure theres some about ;) )

At weekends I get a bit of lag but that could be my ISP.

An added bonus if you start up now is that until 15th november theres double xp and double money in all classic areas,basically you level real fast,I'm playing a skald not exactly a fast leveller solo and unbuffed but so far 3 days played and I'm level 41 and thats with doing alot of aurulite farming so not really gaining the extra xp bonus as much as i could.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Great cluster tbh
Lots of euro players in my guild who are online at EU times in what is essentially a US guild.
My guild is part of the biggest hib alliance and the /as is very relaxed and friendly.
No "stfu n00b this channel is for RVR ONLY!!!!!!!!!" types

People are very helpful , and the double XP/CL XP/Gold on classic zones, frontiers, and RvR is superb.
Levelling up is a sinch, my guild seems to PL alot of newcomers in SH whilst farming the new armour patterns etc.
The CM's are stacked with items at pretty reasonable rates, much much cheaper than glast.
DS raids and Co5, epic quest groups are easy to find even as something as normally unwanted as a ranger.

Lots of action/keep takes and not of the excal iRvR crau bridge variety either.
Although there are always plenty of fights there too.

Cathal valley is crawling with peeps and the rest of the battlegrounds are heavily populated as well.

I did notice a chanter called Jox in a BG the other night and it did cross my mind it was you, so your name be unavialable would be the only bad thing I could say about the server.

If you deciide to play hib, drop me a PM and I can help out with some gear etc.

I wish my excal guildies would come to US classic as I miss them :(

Lag wise I have no complaints (connecting from Ireland)

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Yepp US classic is fun. Easy to group up with even pug's. Mostly nice people and loads of action.

Love that you got dubble exp in all classic zones for like 2-3 more weeks. Makes it really easy to lvl aswell ;)

No lag from sweden either. Abit of delay in the chat box from and til thou

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

"If you deciide to play hib, drop me a PM and I can help out with some gear etc."

Thx Aiteal, you are en angel ;) But the cash-problem is already solved.

I got the EU-version of the game installed on my comp. There was something I should change in update.dat? cant find that fricking file...

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Returned to the game aswell on US and am enjoying it. Cluster attitude is nice if you are looking for a more "casual" approach. As said above lots of PvE and alt rolling going on so easy to level and get geared up.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
What exactly does it take to move to US servers?

buy catacombs? how much?

and then buy DR? whats that? about 10 quid?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Neffneff said:
What exactly does it take to move to US servers?

buy catacombs? how much?

and then buy DR? whats that? about 10 quid?

well, you 14 day trial for free here
http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads/

according to my CC statemrnt it cost
£26.80 for all the expansons upto LotM
and it works out as
£7.98 a month subs

Drop me a PM on EH forums neff if you wanna try out my account to see for yourself what it's like

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
well, you 14 day trial for free here
http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads/

according to my CC statemrnt it cost
£26.80 for all the expansons upto LotM
and it works out as
£7.98 a month subs

Drop me a PM on EH forums neff if you wanna try out my account to see for yourself what it's like

do you still get a months free subs with the "box" as it were? cos then if you look at it like me, that makes the whole move cost 19 quid, LotM included, so that's pretty cheap imo.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Neffneff said:
do you still get a months free subs with the "box" as it were? cos then if you look at it like me, that makes the whole move cost 19 quid, LotM included, so that's pretty cheap imo.

i think so aye

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
people say theres no difference in lag when playing on the us servers but to me its a noticeable difference atleast

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Eleasias said:
people say theres no difference in lag when playing on the us servers but to me its a noticeable difference atleast

Theirs a big difference, well not big but as you say noticeable, the usa servers are alot more stable.

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Sorry to bump but can Aiteal clear his inbox - i want to pm him :(

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
I can feel a slighty difference in ping, at times there is a small couple of hundre milisecond difference from eu to us. but nothing that i worry about at all, just noticed it.

else its a nice cluster, people are friendly and helps alot, people everywhere, good action in battlegorunds and bgs.

people are especially in the classic zones with lots of exp groups now, due to the double exp bonus, that goes on until november 10th.

about the monthly fee, in danish kroner its like this.

GOA: 90,31 kr
Mythic 89,12 kr

very little difference, but service is so much better on us :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
I've recently started playing this cluster.

Overall it's a great server. The double xp bonus rocks, but then the other 10 people around your level from 1-50 totally rocks aswell. I started on monday this week. I'm now level 24 tic.

Joined a cool guild. Somebody farmed me like 600auru for nothing. Nice people, also loads of players on (more than eu i think) at eu primetime. If anybodys planning on coming to this cluster pm Tickey-G. Surely we can group up and kill some stuff :)

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
Alb Garath
Hib Lancelot

Cba trolling forums when I ain't at work and bored :)

I havent been able to you find you guys yet, but im 39 now and trolling molvik :D

give me a pm on tinydancer :)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Just rolled a vamp and dinged 15. Cool servah, people are nice, giving cash, armor, teaming and stuff... like early daox :>

Will roll a Elf-NS, so sexy.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Jox said:
Just rolled a vamp and dinged 15. Cool servah, people are nice, giving cash, armor, teaming and stuff... like early daox :>

Will roll a Elf-NS, so sexy.

whats the name?
I can donate some aurulite if ya need it and my a few excal guildies are levelling up to.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Marusja... like the russian vampire in old tales^^

... and thx mate.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Jox said:
Marusja... like the russian vampire in old tales^^

... and thx mate.

I love proper roleplaying names :worthy:

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Ppl are really nice there, they even pl assasin and bow classes just for free, because they have a hard time leveling. Lots of raids, and even in DS raids Assasin and bow classes are welcome, even ppl help others with necky and Epic quests. Attitute of US players is just nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom