Bootmgr missing

Angrist

Part of the furniture
Long story short:
Pc says bootmgr missing when i try to boot from either HD or cdrom.
If i unplug the HD it boots fine from win7 cd.
If i plug the HD in another PC it boots fine with the win7 installed on it.

BIOS problem?

Help please :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Take a look at the Boot sequence in your BIOS. Set the CDrom (DVD/BR) first then the HD where Windows 7 is on. If Windows 7 is still intact you could set the HD with it as first aswell. If it's broken you should be able to boot of the DVD and restore Windows 7 startup that way.

Angrist

Part of the furniture
Take a look at the Boot sequence in your BIOS. Set the CDrom (DVD/BR) first then the HD where Windows 7 is on. If Windows 7 is still intact you could set the HD with it as first aswell. If it's broken you should be able to boot of the DVD and restore Windows 7 startup that way.

I've tried changing the boot order in bios, even when i boot from cdrom cd it says bootmgr missing.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
It shouldnt say that when you boot from a cd/dvd.

You should have the windows 7 dvd in there and it should ask if you wanted to boot from the cd/dvd. Press any button todo so and then you should enter windows 7 startup. Where you can select restore/repair. Then select the option to repair the startup.

Angrist

Part of the furniture
Bios needed an update, i had flashed it once w/o any result. 2nd time around it worked though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom