Bookabe Servers for JKII

O

old.dilljoe

Whats happening with the jkII servers ???

Me and me clan are raring to go and be able to practice on barrys world bookable servers:clap: but they seem to be taking forever to arrive ?

can anyone tell us whats going on ?:p

B

bigfoot

I'll enquire some more today for you, at the moment if you want to play clan games on BW you will have to buy a BarryServer to do so.

O

old.seekeruk

Thats a little bit much money for most people isnt it? ;)

I think a lot of people are waiting for the Bookables to be around me included :) any news would be great :D

O

old.dilljoe

Thx for the quick reply

ta for the quick reply and i hope u get them up soon. The servers cost to much as we are all teenagers and cannot affoad to rent one of ur's.

thx again

Devil's Jedi's

:puke:

O

old.[JC]yoni-HC

hmmmms

I am not a teenager although I wish I was and I cant afford one either :(

Please help us mr barrysworld

A damsel in distress

:sex:

Yoni

G

greendemon

I say ditch 80% of the EF Servers, no-one is using them. That will give BW the capacity, assuming that's the issue here.

Jolt are offtering a JK2 Bookable for £5 a session. That might be a short term, less expensive solution.

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling that BW ain't gonna provide bookables. They're usually pretty quick when a new game comes out.

The sad thing is, if the bookables don't appear, I suspect the game will die a quick death, like AVP2 did.

Perhaps if they changed the name of the game to "JK2 Half-Life Mod" it would get more attention?

C

CAC

well i dont think the game will die

it will just mean that people will have to use other servers

i.e. jolt or even the zone if push came to shove

i just think its a shame that bw cant offer servers when there is an obvious demand for them and yes i agree about the elite force servers but i would put it at 90%

and as they have 6 bookables i bet they dont all get used anymore?

l_o_b aka [JC]CrazyAssCool

C

CAC

hehehhehe

well upon my last post i thought it wise to check the ef bookables just in case i was about to look very silly!

i looked at the servers for the week ahead and found that on only one occasion were all 6 servers in use at one time (and that was only for an hour)

however throughout the week the bookable are hardly being used at all

now perhaps its just me but surly it cant be that hard to change 2 of the bookable severs from ef to JK2 and actually get some use out of them???

thanks for listening

l_o_b aka [JC]CrazyAssCool

G

greendemon

it's not hard m8, but it doesn't benefit the Half Life, UT or Q3 community in any way, so it won't get done.

B

bigfoot

We need servers for a lot of things for a lot of different games at the moment, so to insinuate that JK2 is being singled out is wrong. I would guess that any other place in the UK where you can book JK2 servers there are some costs involved (such as Jolt, BY and perhaps Thrustworld?), if your wanting a free lunch then at the moment you have to wait for it.

O

old.seekeruk

BW not just waiting for UT2003 to come out for new bookable servers to be available for any games?

Just a though as BW seem to big on this game that hasnt even come out yet.

G

greendemon

Originally posted by bigfoot
We need servers for a lot of things for a lot of different games at the moment, so to insinuate that JK2 is being singled out is wrong. I would guess that any other place in the UK where you can book JK2 servers there are some costs involved (such as Jolt, BY and perhaps Thrustworld?), if your wanting a free lunch then at the moment you have to wait for it.

I'm not insinuating that JK2 is being singled out. I think a lot of games are ignored. As for a free lunch, personally I don't have a problem with paying for things. The fact is that most people won't. The wonderful free system that BW offer, is what keeps gaming alive IMO. What worries me, is that unless bookables come online soon, the game will die an early death just like AVP2 did.
IF BW could give us a target date for the Bookables going up, that would at least keep the spirit alive. Could we at least have that?

D

[DAD]Monty73

I agree with Greendemon in that the game could die, for those who say it wont..................for sure the number of players will shrink. [DAD] are wanting to expand into JK2 but without a good service like the one we get from BW for EF and MOH there is no point.

There are loads of new FPS's out and coming out and people will play the ones that are supported with bookables. JK2 in short will die quicker than it should.

A target date would be very useful :)

[DAD]Monty73

www.dadclan.co.uk

P.s. Wish I was a teenager, but no. And as for renting a server I would love to have a clan server but we play more than one game and as far as I can tell we would have to rent one server for each game, Elite Force, Medal of Honor and Jedi Knight 2. That would be very expensive, now if we could pick which game to have running on the server at a given time and only have one server then I would sign up today!

B

bigfoot

If you rented a BarryServer you could run any of those games from it, so you would only need the 1 server.

I'm not going to give you a target date that i do not have, for all i know we may never have JK2 bookables (i hope this doesn't turn out to be the case, but there is a chance that it might). You say the wonderful free system BW is keeps things alive, that's nice to hear but the wonderful free system doesn't pay for the extra servers to support all these new games.

G

greendemon

the wonderful free system doesn't pay for the extra servers to support all these new games.

Fair comment m8, but that's why we suggested ditching the majority of the EF Servers, cos no-one is using them!

O

old.Krak3n1

but the wonderful free system doesn't pay for the extra servers to support all these new games.

Like greendemon say's. Why keep the older and bassicly dead games going? when games like JK2 could be so much bigger. It's like haveing a choice between 2 free cars, a Ferrari or a Ford Focus....and chooseing the ford focus.......

When you have capacity problems, which it sounds like you do. You must sacrafice the less popular games for the more popular ones.

Krak3n

B

bigfoot

The EF bookables do get some use and i am pretty sure that if we shut them all down then this thread would appear in the opposite (Why have u removed the bookables?) in the STV:EF forum.

Your comment about sacrificing less popular games is not really that useful, if you go on Gamespy stats we should simply shut down all our servers and run CS ones in their place.

O

old.seekeruk

why cant u use 4 ef servers for jk2? most arnt used and i know for a fact that the majority of the jk2 community would like to have some bookable servers.

G

greendemon

Infact m8, most EF Clan have actually moved to JK2. We're not suggesting shutting down ALL the EF Bookables. If you left 2 EF Bookables, and moved the rest to JK2, everyone would be happy, and no-one would lose out.

If you would like something a bit more concrete, I would happy to talk to the EF community (I know most of them), and get them to back up our proposal.

Just trying to help...

F

FragFodder

They're right u know :rolleyes:

EF bookables or any Bookable servers are great, and is more than can be expected coz at the end of the day someone somewhere needs to find the money to pay for these servers. Not just the Bookables but the puplics and then there's bandwidth. I'm not pretending to know BW's finances but i can imagine they have quite a large over head. So on those grounds I thank BW for any servers that we already have :)

but..

Bookable servers would be very very helpfull. Surely it must be possible to ditch a few of the older bookables and turn them into JK2 boxes. The reason I say this is...

I'm from the EF comunity and I was playing in one of your bookables just now. When I filtered the bookables in GSA to find the one i was supposed to be playin in, I saw that 4 out of the 6 servers I could see wheren't in use. So if 66% (give or take :p) of the servers are sitting idle, it could be more productive to make them JK2 or servers for other games.

I dont think asking BW to cough up some cash and buy any new kit is really fair because of the way they run the free service, its just a thought on what u could do with the exsisting equipment :)

Thx

FF

B

bigfoot

We might have some more news soon, i've been discussing some of what you suggested with the Server people and they are going to look into it.

O

old.dilljoe

thanx for the greate responce

originally posting this thread i didnt want to cause any arguments but as the people at bw are concerned i can see the problem but i can also see the need to keep JKII alive, as it is sutch an exelent game running on the Q3 engion
the devils jedis originaly played T2 and CS and are very thankfull for the servers we have :clap: cheres bw and hope u sort out the problem soon

Devils Jedis

clan leader DillJoe :)

F

FragFodder

We might have some more news soon, i've been discussing some of what you suggested with the Server people and they are going to look into it.

Nice one thx m8 :)

Just do us (the JK2 community) a favour and do what you can. This is a trully exceptional game and it would be a real shame to see the MP aspect Die because we couldn't get any reliable bookables, especially if it was possible to free some up :(

I know that if it can be done, BW will do it. I guess its just a case of waiting and hoping :)

FF

O

old.[JC]yoni-HC

fanx

Dear Mr Barrysworld

Thanx for looking into this but purlease purlease get back to the JK2 community soon.

I have members in my clan who are, i quote "getting fed up" because I can not provide anywhere for them to practice.

Unfortunately although I would willingly contribute towards a server most of my members are teenagers and thus cannot and personally I am not in a positin at the moment to foot the bill for one myself :(

Again thankyou for considering our pleas

:sex:

A damsel (very much) in distress

YONI

F

FragFodder

BigFoot, any word yet m8? What have they told you... Cmon, anything, just plz keep us in the loop.

JK2 needs BW's support! I dont wanna push, but if we're not gonna get servers then plz tell us. :(

My clan have stuck me in charge of the JK2 division and I'm getting quized with questions like "When's our first REAL (not home hosted) server going to be up?" I keep telling then we're waiting for you guys, but buying time like this is wearing a little thin. Cmon fellas.. let us know PLEASE :(

=RD=Mr.FragFodder

C

CAC

yeah we are in the same boat as FF except we are starting to loose members now :puke:

so i shall take my leave and put my energies into a sever provider that listens

F

FragFodder

Originally posted by l_o_b
yeah we are in the same boat as FF except we are starting to loose members now :puke:

so i shall take my leave and put my energies into a sever provider that listens

Cmon guys (BW peeps).... We need feedback here.

Are there plans for bookables??

Or is JK gonna go the way of AvP2??

AvP2 was a truly great game but let down because of the lack of bookable support. Plz dont let that happen to JK. Its too good to be snuffed out in its prime :(

FF

O

old.Krak3n1

Jolt.co.uk offer boockable for JKII although it;s not free but it's fairly cheap, £5 an hour i think.

Must admit it is very disapointing that it seems BW are not showing much interest in this games as far as bookables are concerned. But also a little in public games. All i see is 8 servers.
2 FFA, 1 Jedi Master, 2 dule and 2 CTF/CTY servers + 1 TDM. 0 bookables.

Compare that 2 EF, 19 servers. Thats 7 CTF, 4 duel, 2 FFA, 2 instagib, 1 TDM and 3 expansion pack servers. All that for a comunity of just over 100 peeps. + 6 bookables.

Sorry to quote star trek but :

'The needs of the Many Out Weitgh the needs of the few'

The JKII comunity is already 1500 strong atleast, and is growing. Plz, clans need theses bookables.

Krak3n

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom