FH news Bon Voyage Edmondo

russell

FH is my second home
Ed is off for a solo trip to New York early tomorrow. Its a long time since he last went abroad and he doesnt like flying....

Any tips to ease the anxiety?
:fluffle:

Anyway-Bon Voyage my great mate -may you have many adventures and no crime bestowed upon you. I look forward to the tales.

taB

Part of the furniture
Don't sleep much tonight, have a couple of beers for brekky in the airport and sleep for the whole flight would be my plan.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Yeah I'd go along with something like taB said. Or get a very good book which will keep you distracted for most of the time!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Sex in the plane bathroom before takeoff.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Heh Edmond I feel so proud :)

For flying I tend to fall asleep without booze (even though I am not very keen on that form of travel), however a few beers just before you get on the plane is good advice :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Excessive booze is usually a bad idea. You end up feeling badly dehydrated because of the lower oxygen levels, and tbh you want to be on your toes when dealing with US Immigration. It will be quite difficult to kip on the way out because NY flights are usually daytime all the way, so the best thing to do is just watch the movies or iPod/read. On the way back, window seat, eye patch, ear plugs, head down all the way.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, don't drink before or during long flights, you will just feel worse.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Vodka and a copy of Razzle.

I have a bit more class than that tris, Jack Daniels and a copy of Club

I do it in style !!!

I haven't eaten for nearly 2 days due to the stress of it, and i never sleep on planes for some reason, just cant do it. I seem to drift in and out, and i've pissed russ off this afternoon too, and she's taking me to the airport at 6.00am......:twak:

I have my i-pod and a DS, i'll see which one dies first. I will try to post while i'm out there, so i may speak to you all over the weekend, and if i can get the camera uploaded i will try to blog some piccies too, but we'll see

Knowing my luck i will probably drop the camera off the Empire State on the first day....Doh !!!

Thanks for all your help though with how to get through it, i shall take head on the drinking, tbh i tend not to drink when i'm nervous, it doesn't settle me at all, it makes me worse

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Are you leaving the country because we are now friends on FB?

Bring me back some fags please, Marlboro Silver, get me about 2000 if possible. Cheers.

Flying is scary, I can't fly ever again I was shitting myself. Can't give you any advice apart from maybe valium off the doctor, apparently they do prescribe 2, one to get there and one to get back.

(have a great time!)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Drinking a few before the flight is just fine (pay no attention to the others :p), however drinking some water is also important :)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Just pray you don't get the school trip flight like I did :(

And beware of the big black guys demanding that you take the bus instead of a cab because it's cheaper. It helps when your damned ex girlfriend doesn't insist on stopping for a smoke while they work their "You're stupid to pay all that money for a cab, you're not a stupid guy are you?" angle on you.

Edmond

Thanks G, that really helps.......:twak:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm only kidding, I'm shit scared of flying too; I don't have any advice on what to do on a long haul flight. I've only done one once, flying from London to LAX, it was about 10-11 hours if I remember rightly.

Edmond

Are you leaving the country because we are now friends on FB?

Bring me back some fags please, Marlboro Silver, get me about 2000 if possible. Cheers.

Flying is scary, I can't fly ever again I was shitting myself. Can't give you any advice apart from maybe valium off the doctor, apparently they do prescribe 2, one to get there and one to get back.

(have a great time!)

Thats the one thing i have forgot ask anyone, do they want any fags or booze??

Ah well, too late now. More Jack D for meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Thanks fella

Edmond

Well its 12.30 and i'm still trying to tie things up b4 i go away, the joys of running your own business

Still need to pack, still haven't eaten anything, still need to have a bath, still waiting for the tumble dryer to finish....and so on

Edmond

ok, well its now 01.48 and i'm off to bed, but still need to get up at 5.00 to have a bath and finish packing

WTF !!!!!!!

Oh, and still didn't get to eat

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Have fun and good luck with immigration, they can be a real pain these days.

Edmond

I'm off in half an hour, shitting myself.....wtf was i thinking....NY....on my own??

Ah well, no going back now, and thanks Silverhood, i will try to have fun

and yes, i've heard about immigration too :(

Bye for now

russell

FH is my second home
Just dropped him off at T5.
He is bricking it.
(I am very impressed with T5 building tho)
He will be fine once the flight is over:)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Hope you enjoy yourself out there Edmond mate - I will miss your updates to the boob thread! :)

The missus has been to NY a couple of times and she very much loves it - says it appears a lot friendlier and so on than London. Extra brownie points if you hear some gun shots when you're out there! :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
woot, well done Edmond. I know I'm late (was on a plane, no srsly!) all I can say is don't forget to keep moving about! it helps! get up every hour or so and walk up and down the length of the plane a couple times.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oooo I missed it - sorry - but have a fantastic time over there!!! :cheers:

Edmond

NEW YORK BABY !!!!!!!!!

Damn its hot here, i think i have walked about 5 miles this afternoon and i'm sweating like a little piggy.

Flight was fine, and got through immigration and got my case all in 25mins, i waited longer for the shuttle to take me to the hotel, which was an experience in its self, mad fuckers, that scared me more than the flight

Anywho, its taken me 2 hours to find this internet cafe, so if i find it again in a few days i will post some more, but for now....

STATESIDE BABY!!!!!!!!!!

I love you all, especially russ who has had to put up with me being a cock the last few days with me stressing out bit time

Later Dudes......

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Flight was fine, and got through immigration and got my case all in 25mins, i waited longer for the shuttle to take me to the hotel, which was an experience in its self, mad fuckers, that scared me more than the flight

I warned you.

make sure you do the hop on hop off bus tours, fantastic value for money.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
haha well done man! bring me back a hotdog would you? ;)

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have a lovely time. A bit late but missed all the news yesterday with a cracking migraine. Have only been on one long haul, managed to watch all the films and drink vodka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom