BodyGuard's Effects on Fotm tank grps

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
This ML will mean that Tank grps will simply get handed there azz to them against and decent opposition who know what there doing basically so............... The ppl that ran those tank grps will adapt and learn ofc :).

So they will run with a Bodyguard or 2. Which means room for a few casters/ or hybrids etc.

How do you tackle a grp with x2 Bodyguards thou ? Im sure some ppl have been thinking about strategys to take them on so would love to hear some.

I solution is obvious enough, Magic. Nuke the shit out of them.

Another Could be Kill the Bodyguards first, this would be hard if a pbae'er is stuck to him :/. Mana eld would seem the most deadly There, Decent ranged DD's, pbae ofc and that love lovey str/con debuff with aoe diease should make the enemy tanks have a hard time doing feck all. 50 shield Hero with mob5 and say errr RR10 would be not be funny trying to hit while debuffed :touch: .

So solutions guys, possibly using ML's, artifacts or just plain good tactics.

And no Zerging is not a tactic :D

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Think x2 Bodyguards are a problem :p? Try 5.. (Everhate group :p)

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Silverblast said:
lol. go with pure tank group. good luck with it mate - you'll need as much skill playing this as caster group pre-toa and will die as often ^^.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Silverblast said:

You cant cross bodyguard thou and what will those grps hit exactly with a well played hero ? x2 or 3 pbae mages pbae the crap out of you as you try to take out the Hero ?

Its not as simple as that

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
ive seen vids of tank grps pwning bodygaurd/caster grps... all that is needed is focus and patience to learn the rite tactics.

as far as i know we will not change our setup and im much confided in our skill to keep up the usual rp count. even against bodygaurded castergrps.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
everhate group wont work because bodyguard only functions when the person being bodyguarded is stood still, ok i suppose valewalkers can lifetap but they are no where near as powerful as a chanter

Bodyguard won't change much in my opinion

Tanks die in a few seconds to the assist train anyway, casters might just get to die a little later now :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Ghostfeet said:
as far as i know we will not change our setup and im much confided in our skill to keep up the usual rp count. even against bodygaurded castergrps.

We didin't tell you ? :p

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Sko said:
lol. go with pure tank group. good luck with it mate - you'll need as much skill playing this as caster group pre-toa and will die as often ^^.
PURE :p? Think again, VWs aren't the main definition of tanks :p.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
To be honest, each day it passes im convincing myself the era of Dark Age of Tankalot is closing to its end....

Warden+Hero bodyguarding 2 pbaoers packed in a pbaoe box..... have fun trying to kill em with 2 mercs. :D

Welcome back Dark Age of Castalot :wub:
(about bloody time imo :p )

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Vasconcelos said:
To be honest, each day it passes im convincing myself the era of Dark Age of Tankalot is closing to its end....

Warden+Hero bodyguarding 2 pbaoers packed in a pbaoe box..... have fun trying to kill em with 2 mercs. :D

Welcome back Dark Age of Castalot :wub:
(about bloody time imo :p )
amnesia aint effected by bodyguard right?

swords

Can't get enough of FH
judas said:
amnesia aint effected by bodyguard right?

there is nothing stopping a bodyguarded Sorcerer from twisting an ae lul with an ae str/con debuff and an ae dex/qui debuff with single target dex debuffs on the casters. oh he can twist lifetaps in if he wished, Rushed can take down a caster in seconds with LT.
bodyguard stops tanks not magic dmg so a Reaver can still interupt and damage them withiout having to hit them with levi.

Also the mercs can get the banelord ML1 cast speed debuff aura to totally fuck up any semblance of cast time while our tanks kill the bodyguarders.

Also note Theurgist can pet spam the ice pets (ranged DD kk) tio keep them interupted.

Minstrel instants can help interupt also and he can just sit there and spam mez.
Either way you got plenty to keep the casters interupted while you take the bodyguards down.

stighelmer

Fledgling Freddie
if this thread says anything about tank grps in the future it is this:

* The slow swinging frontloading Armsmen are even more f00ked now * :(

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
stighelmer said:
if this thread says anything about tank grps in the future it is this:

* The slow swinging frontloading Armsmen are even more f00ked now * :(

What price on a wave of armsmen respeccing to s/s now? If a caster group wants a pure bodyguard there wont be a better one than a 50 shield armsman with SoB and the bodyguard ml...

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Bracken said:
What price on a wave of armsmen respeccing to s/s now? If a caster group wants a pure bodyguard there wont be a better one than a 50 shield armsman with SoB and the bodyguard ml...

I heard reports that RA's dont effect a bodyguard when he has bodyguard on. AP / Bof is what I heard but not seen anything about SB. It would be insane trying to kill a Shield tank with SB/AoF/Bof/AP Thou :D.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
PBAE casting time debuffs, PBAE power-burners, AE interrupt. Casters will now more or less be on-par with tankgroups. What I fear is the 1.68 patch when they halve the time a mage is interrupted after being casted upon.

Most probably the only substitute we'll be making is trading in skald for a SM(Either supp-specced or split supp/dark) for PBAE vs pets, pets on other realms healers, and ofc, the dex/qui debuff and dex-debuff(or as some ppl call it, "CASTERS BEWARE"). Fights won't be of the "mez, kill caster1, kill caster2, kill caster3" anymore.

The key will be taking the defensive stance rather than offensive(offensive meaning playing right into the hands of the hib PB-group, since they play box-style). Proper usage of AE interrupts, debuffs, NS-charges on items, power-draining styles and the spell unhaste-aura in Banelord ML-line will make for some very interesting fights which basically forces the mid-group to outlast the hibgroup and avoiding damage until they're out of power, as opposed to before where they would just run in and kill.

My 2 cents :p looking forward to some very long fights vs the ELPHS.

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
stubbe said:
PBAE casting time debuffs, PBAE power-burners, AE interrupt. Casters will now more or less be on-par with tankgroups. What I fear is the 1.68 patch when they halve the time a mage is interrupted after being casted upon.

Most probably the only substitute we'll be making is trading in skald for a SM(Either supp-specced or split supp/dark) for PBAE vs pets, pets on other realms healers, and ofc, the dex/qui debuff and dex-debuff(or as some ppl call it, "CASTERS BEWARE"). Fights won't be of the "mez, kill caster1, kill caster2, kill caster3" anymore.

The key will be taking the defensive stance rather than offensive(offensive meaning playing right into the hands of the hib PB-group, since they play box-style). Proper usage of AE interrupts, debuffs, NS-charges on items, power-draining styles and the spell unhaste-aura in Banelord ML-line will make for some very interesting fights which basically forces the mid-group to outlast the hibgroup and avoiding damage until they're out of power, as opposed to before where they would just run in and kill.

My 2 cents :p looking forward to some very long fights vs the ELPHS.

If hibs manage to put up mana field we wont go oom tho :p

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Ola said:
If hibs manage to put up mana field we wont go oom tho :p
If you get off a 10s cast-time spell vs my group, I'll personally kill everyone with ability to interrupt in it. Will be good for room-camping tho :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Elorelen Hearthunter said:
Very effective though....

ofc, from zergling Nr. 1 who has shown in many threads that he/she likes to play "large scale RvR" (sounds good, hm?)

anyways, bodyguard will be an improvement, but won't make you invulnerable and remember that the 5th bodyguarder won't help, the maximum is 4 (you cannot bodyguard and be bodyguarded). There're much worse new ML's, but imho most are just there to fix classes by giving them some "special abilities" (thinking especially of grp cure dis here, which should be in the "healing" line)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
ofc, from zergling Nr. 1 who has shown in many threads that he/she likes to play "large scale RvR" (sounds good, hm?)

anyways, bodyguard will be an improvement, but won't make you invulnerable and remember that the 5th bodyguarder won't help, the maximum is 4 (you cannot bodyguard and be bodyguarded). There're much worse new ML's, but imho most are just there to fix classes by giving them some "special abilities" (thinking especially of grp cure dis here, which should be in the "healing" line)

well 2 good tanks with bg can keep melee immunity up in their grp easily:

tank 1 bodyguarding support 1
tank 2 bodyguarding support 2

tank 1 gets MA, turns off bodyguard, tank 2 switches THEN tank 2 gets MA he turns off bg tank 1 bodyguards... or this is not possible?

stighelmer

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
A 50 shield pala with infinite slam ? :)
I am trying to fight it but it is starting to sink in...

Arms have had it :/

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
I pity the fool that tries to play defensive against any caster group with a debuffer. PBAE is only used defensively you know.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
I pity the fool that tries to play defensive against any caster group with a debuffer. PBAE is only used defensively you know.
scratch defensive, replace with passive. point is you won't be able to rush into box and kill stuff anymore. you'll need a bit more finesse :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
stighelmer said:
A 50 shield pala with infinite slam ? :)
I am trying to fight it but it is starting to sink in...

Arms have had it :/

Bodyguard ml aint really about slamming as I read it...seems to me more that you are gonna be primarily wanting to block and take the hits. None better than a 50 shield armsman for that.

Personally doubt I'll respec though...played s/s up to rr5 and much prefer being offensive arms...even if it is condemned now as being non-fotm.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Bodyguard ml aint really about slamming as I read it...seems to me more that you are gonna be primarily wanting to block and take the hits. None better than a 50 shield armsman for that.

Personally doubt I'll respec though...played s/s up to rr5 and much prefer being offensive arms...even if it is condemned now as being non-fotm.

bodygaurd doesnt work like gaurd, I dont know how it works exactly (can bodygaurd move or the gaurded person, etc), but i do know that the gaurded person cant be hit by melee until the bodygaurd is dead. When trying to hit the gaurded person you get a message giving you the name afaik of the bodygaurd and if I remember correctly the bodygaurd must be near the gaurded person, so shouldnt be to hard to find. Now you go kill the bodygaurd or go to some other person as melee.
The bodygaurd must just be able to survive for the longest, afaik paladins do this better with heal chants than armsman so they would make better bodygaurds I would think. However I might be wrong.

bodygaurd

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Wildfire said:

guessing you face pbaoe grps all the time, so you have massive experience about beating them ...

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Oooh, Stubbe is looking at things from the bright side for once. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom