Blueyonder/Telewest LD issues

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ld Ld Ld

Anyone else keep ld'ing over the last few days? I'm on telewest blueyonder broadband type thing.

Ailil

Fledgling Freddie
Am also on blueyonder and haven't had any troubles. But I know others in guild have had some LD issues over the last day or so, just don't know their ISP.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To help diagnose this, Mobius, download and install the shareware (or trial version) of pingplotter (www.pingplotter.com). This will let you input the name or ip address of the server you are connecting to and show you a visual representation of the different network nodes you pass through over the internet to reach them. It can run in the background, and will keep a historical trace as long as it is running, allowing you to go back and check which of the network nodes stopped responding at whatever time you got disconnected. You may well find it is your ISP from this in which case get on the phone and moan at them :) If it shows that it is near the end of the route to the servers then send the details to RightNow and hopefully they can talk to their ISP about it.

Good luck.

Nichneven

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, YES... my husband and I have been having LD problems this past week. We both use NTL. and figured it was either a problem on their end or something to do with our network settings.... although we had never had this problem in the past.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I'm on BY and went LD three times yesterday and once today. There is no lag or anything, just a random LD every few hours.

A tracert to Prydwen immediately after the LD shows nothing... all pings are fine.

Danhyr

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I'm on BY went LD twice so far today.

guild members on telewest are LDing alot today i would say there lies the problem..

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Escape said:
I'm on BY and went LD three times yesterday and once today. There is no lag or anything, just a random LD every few hours.

A tracert to Prydwen immediately after the LD shows nothing... all pings are fine.

Immediately after isn't necessarily good enough. pingplotter keeps a history so you can be certain.....

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Escape said:

Same, never had problems with LD before ever been LD about 12-14 times today costing me a bloody fortune in gold for con.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
a guilde had like 20 LD's this friday....was ZZzz

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Yea im on Blueyonder.. LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD LD.. thats so far this weekend.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Im on BY problems been getting worse and worse recently, on 1mb line too :mad:

If u havnt phonedup or sent in a webform (info on BY website) then do so, dont whinge in silence it wont fix itself. Ive alreayd sent in 2 forms and phoned twice just need them to get back to me with there analysis of my traceroute pastes and that silly program that checks everything etc.

They have been telling me there is not a known issue with the lines atm maybe it just needs more ppl to speakup for them to say there is!

(*wants ppl to fill out the forms*)

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Logged on for 30 seconds today that basicly insta LD, I dont think its my ISP either as i was on CS for about 3 hours beforehand.

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Nichneven said:
Actually, YES... my husband and I have been having LD problems this past week. We both use NTL. and figured it was either a problem on their end or something to do with our network settings.... although we had never had this problem in the past.
there is upgades going on with ntl at the moment in some ares visit www.ntlworld.com or just click this link http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/lookup/default.asp . otherwise do a ping test and see if you have packet loss if you are getting packet loss call the tech support guys as they can get an engineer out to check signal levels and make sure the cable isn't damaged.

i know these things see my website in my profile :D

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
repeated lds yesterday on telewest blueyonder here too
but irc stayed connected o_O

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
i just phoned blueyonder, apparently there is a problem in my area (exeter), intermitant conectivity or something, and it should be fixied within the next day or two
if you've got a problem call em, the more people complain the faster it should get fixed (i hope..)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Same here on Telewest, have rung them to moan.
Can't really complain, havent LD for more than 6 months.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
After the last LD at 15:57 I started a traceroute to the Prydwen server and have had nice clear 0% packloss on most of it, 1% at 2 but thats understandable.

Doing a LD test now, should LD before 18:00 if its still screwed.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
all day my blueyonder is fine but for last two days its been 6:30pm and bang the ld starts :( now waiting for 6:30 to see if today is same...

oddly no ld on excal or any other net stuff just if im playing pyrd account :(

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Not had any LD since my post above, tis 18:15 now, wonder if it holds :eek:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
I'm with Blueyonder 2 (Edinburgh server) Its been laggy as hell. Not had too many LD's though. But what does happen is when I exit DAoC or any other MMORPG I basicly have to restart my machine because my internet connection simply freezes.

Is really annoying.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Had 2 LD's eariler around 8-9ish within 10 mins of eachother, but been fine since again.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, IRC stays connected. Its odd.

Seems to have cleared up now though.

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Nope it hasnt for some of us, had more LD in the last few hrs then Ive ever done, as soon as I went LD so did other guild members with blueyonder.

Called and spoke to them for over 90 mins. Went through all the usual checks with them etc. They say unless it can be pinpointed to the exact IP address nothing they can do, as they seem to think its not them at fault but a router that blueyonder goes through connecting to game server. Seems wierd that its only blueyonder users as I stated but somehow the techead wasnt having any of it o_O

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Its gone shit again. I guess this is a Telewest thing?

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
I Phoned up eariler and got the route my net takes changed (or something like that the man said), seems to of sorted my BY issues, still slight loss on opentransit/wanadoo (1/2% loss every 300 sent) but nothing out of the ordinary.

Now to w8 and see if I LD again :eek2:

Tilda

I'm still LDIng and phoned them, they said basicly that unless i could prove it was their connection not the game that was broken they couldnt help.
So ping plotter it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom