Blueyonder/Telewest LD issues

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
LD'd again, my mass lag has gone still but I LD randomly with others still.

BY wont do anything about this as its not there routers/servers so nothing they can do. Can just hope that whatever router is causing it is gonna be fixed sooner rather than l8r.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yup - getting problems too (Will try pingplotter).

BY usually excellent (1-2 LD's a year!)

Since last Monday, going downhill (1 every 1-2 hours)

Darzil

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
ok spoke to another techie at blueyonder. What all people affected by the LD on DAOC need to do is sign onto blueyonder newsgroups

You can get all info on how to do it from -

http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/newsgroups/

then you need to subscribe to "blueyonder discussion general"

Post as much info as you can to the 1 thread IE: someone make a thread then everyone else post with there info, this way the tech department will take note and investigate

Seems this is the only way to get this problem rectified, I myself have had a terrible time ingame & not played the game much tonight because of repeated LD its not fair to join a group to let them down waiting for you to log back on to go LD again 30 mins later.

Hope this helps.........so post aways on the blueyonder news.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on Blueyonder and I've had terrible problems with the internet in general recently.

Beeper

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on NTL and have always had a very good connection to DAOC.

However I started to experience severe problems when housing patch arrived. Goth, CS and housing are problem areas where the computer freezes and stutters, porting and releasing now take an eternity.

The situation got even worse for me after the last patch. I experience severe lag most of the time now and the above areas are almost crashing my computer. I am also experiencing LDs frequently.

I've had my computer looked at and tinkered with and been told that it is not my hardware. I've using pingplotter and tracert and sent the results to NTL who say the problem is not at their end.

I know that there have been problems at the Wanadoo end of things but I find it hard to believe that these have been going on for months now and remain unresolved by a large ISP such as France Telecom.

In view of the fact that a large number of people have been experiencing problems over the same period and all of them using a variety of different ISPs and for many of them housing heralded the start of such problems, is it possible that the game itself is causing these issues?

If it is something that only kicked in when the UK recieved this patch then maybe GOA needs to take a good look at the situation. If players on the American servers started to encounter similar problems with the introduction of housing then maybe Mythic needs to take a look.

The fact that in all other aspects people report that their net connection is working as normal and only DAOC is affected does make me wonder if something is awry with the game itself.

Would be interested in the thoughts on this from people here with far more tech knowledge than me.

Foolish

Fledgling Freddie
I've been going ld alot recently, but it seems to have come to a peak today - getting about 4 ld's an hour at the moment. I have two pc's playing daoc on excal, both seem to ld at the same time.

It sucks tbh :mad:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
This is getting pathetic now, its been going on for days. Won't they sort it out?

I guess moaning here does nothing though.

Lasro

Fledgling Freddie
On Blueyonder cable also here, has been bad this past week, but last night and today has been attrocious bad. Very very rarely had any ld issues at all, but has started getting bad for a week or 2.

Running the ping programmes at the mo, everything but daoc is running fine connection wise, usually after about an hour or so of first logging on it ld, then gets faster after that ive noticed.

Router problems or whatever, abit annoying to say the least :)

Vae

Resident Freddy
I'm on BY cable in London and not noticed any LDs at all - Not sure if this helps narrow it down or not :)

Tremer

Fledgling Freddie
Several members of our guild are with BY, our members from hull to Gloucester are going LD at exactly the same time, it appears to be the standard BB connection thats affected, not the 1mb service :eek2:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, mine _seems_ to be ok now....No ld's for a few hours at least.

Sinned

Fledgling Freddie
I've a 5second-10 second lagg ( on the ingame laggmonitor it shows 2 red squares, cant do anything ingame but move around and wait) every ~10 minutes or something

half the time I go linkdead during these laggs

These laggs started somewhere last week

But I'm Dutch and using a whole different isp called chello from upc :(

frad

Fledgling Freddie
im also on blueyonder and get horrid lag in built up regions. but LD,s yes ive been getting loads, get 2 red squares and say by by to the game.Its taking 2 clients out at same time as im running 2 puters with diff accounts on each. but same effect 2 red squares and by by.At 1st i thought it was my network but having changed the router and had blueyonder check my connection, telling me to them all looks ok. cant put it down to connection as a m8 has 512 connection and i have 1meg and it happens to both of us.all right now do is send you an email with links for you gfx/via/dx9 drivers telling you to go here and download latest drivers. whats up with them ive already told them in my email complete with dxdiag that all new drivers are installed. :m00: :m00:

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
am on blueyonder, but the LD's i recieve pretty often are weird. when i LD my second pc does not ld, and i can see myself styling moving etc on my 2nd pc's screen.

it also seems to vary between places and accounts, one of my accounts ld's as soon as i log, and another wil be stable for hours.

i found that if i was at a certain place, i would ld every time i log in, but if i died and appeared at my bind point, wouldnt ld for ages.

Also when i go to my m8s and play on 56k then i get no ld's, go 56k imo :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom