Bluetooth keyboard

Kryten

Old Cow.
Evening,

Right, I've a Dell (Logitech) bluetooth keyboard & mouse, a combination I'm quite fond of. Mouse is reponsive, keyboard is compact and clicky, just how I like it.

However, I've only an el-cheapo Bluetooth dongle, which means only the mouse is any good to me at the moment. WIth the Dell bluetooth dongle (that normally comes with this set) the keyboard is fully usable from the moment the PC is turned on, as they pair via hardware (button on both receiver and keyboard/mouse) and you can then use the keyboard in the bios / pre OS.

Now, finding said bluetooth dongle on it's own is proving impossible - I'd have thought I'd have had another couple of sets arrive at work, but we haven't had any for weeks, so now looking at other options.

I've been led to believe the Logitech receivers will also work in the same way, but can't find any of these either.

A couple of other 3rd party USB dongles seem to have a hardware pairing button (at least thats what I assume it is) such as the Belkin F8T013UK1 - but I can't be sure it will work for the purpose I need.

Does anyone know of (or have a spare) a dongle that will work in this manner and where I could get one? Been holding out hope on eBay for a while with no luck.

Just for reference, this is the set I've got and referring to :
NEW Dell Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard and Optical Mouse on eBay, Keyboard Mouse Bundles, Input Devices, Computing (item 250154606922 end time 15-Aug-07 16:30:00 BST)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
call dell. talk to em about your probs. theyll prolly say item is outta stock or you gotta buy a new kb. go drama qween and moan about how shit this warranty thing/support thing is and HP are much better at handling things and your taking your buisness to them and not dell next time.

theyll try and get you to read out a barcode off a pc or some thing

at the end of it you should get a new kb and mouse sent to you and you get a pre paid postal bag/box to send back the old kb.

my bros old x50 pda diead and even tho ti was 2 months out of warranty they sent him a spiffy new x51v as replacement wit 2 spare batteries couple of weeks back

Kryten

Old Cow.
heh that might be worth a try : will do it through work though, considering we deal with most of their returns i cant see them whinging too much :D
Ta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom