Bloody

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigali

Preambule: I have never, ever flamed anyone or anything before. I certainly don't intend to make a habit of it.

BUT.

It came to my attention yesterday that Bloody took out his frustration on an other player on irc by divulging personal information on that person.

It's not only that I can't believe anyone would do such a thing on a public forum, especially someone whom I thought originally was a nice guy but also that I still can't understand how someone can be basic and backwards enough to think that talking about someone else's sexual preferences can do anything else than destroy his own reputation.

Bloody, if you thought, by your comments, to create sympathy for you and against someone else, then you were sorely mistaken. Your comments were not only misplaced and out of order, they were so incredibly stupid and pointless !

I once respected you as a good player and a nice guy, and you just revealed yourself to me as a completely narrow-minded, intellectually challenged prat.

I am so disappointed at my own error of judgement.

Many of you will feel I should not make this post on a public. I feel I should because
1) I don't have personal email/contacts for Bloody
and
2) he has tried to publicly discredit and tarnish someone (whom I respect, but it's almost beside the point) and there is no reason why this should not be known.

O

old.Spug

Fortunately, I've as yet managed to avoid using IRC, and with the amount of crap that seems to go on there, I'm happy I have.

Personally, to me, whether someone is gay, straight, black, white, male, female, or whatever doesnt matter to me. for me it comes down to whether or not someone deserves my friendship and respect.

Trying to discredit someone in this manner is just... well... lame.

G

Glyph_mid

There were alot who was very surprised about that incident :(

O

old.Zarff

erm he talked bad about some1 on irc and u do it on BW.. isn't that the same...

G

Generic Poster

Isn't it normal to call someone gay on IRC?

C

corranhorn1

well, i did not see them comments he made but i now understand the jist of it all...

The problem with this game is that there appears to be to many "children" that act like people from the pre 1990's era.... Before this time being of certain sexual preference were looked down at and if found out about used against these people... Bloody, your comments are out of line and the divolgance of personaly information such as that which you were privy to should NEVER be spread around in public without willing consent of those involved. For this i hope people frown upon you. Your closed mind and willingness to try cause maximum offence to an individual is outragous. I hope you learn some humanity whilst you grow up as such pursacution of a person is NOT tolerated out in the real world. So think about your actions, think about the future. Cause believe me. You do this out in the real world someone will make sure that your eyes are opened up to why you shouldnt do so.

H

Hufner

Originally posted by old.Zarff
erm he talked bad about some1 on irc and u do it on BW.. isn't that the same...

There's a difference in talking bad about people and disclosing information told to you in confidence.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

ur all gh3y!!1
gay-parade-19.3.jpg

Gee... nowadays being gay is like... normal!
Being married for more than 3 years is considered queer meanwhile. ;)

J

Jenkz

wow, someones learning!

actually, imo its very encouraging to see a large number of positive replies to this thread, maybe the world isnt all bad.

G

Generic Poster

I'm shocked by the hypocricy of it all/

If being gay is no big deal, why make such a fuss over it?
IRC log (faked) > "leetdude2k3 : loloolol Bloody told me he likes girls with blonde hair lollooolool

Would that be worth getting worked up over, because some guy had his secret revealed? I think not.

So for everyone saying homosexuality is the most normal thing, why are you treating it like a taboo?

G

Glyph_mid

Genetic Poster, you have no idea what happend here.
Its not a question whether the person is gay or not, it was the way it was said and the reason for same
This wasnt "im just kidding m8", it was meant as offense, and that only

T

Tenko

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
ur all gh3y!!1
gay-parade-19.3.jpg

Being married for more than 3 years is considered queer meanwhile. ;)

I want to go on record about something Ive known for years.

Though I've never hidden the fact I have not gone out of the way to let it be known.

This in no way means I'm embarassed but I dont want others to find out then think its some excuse to take the piss out of me.

I too am married and have children...

...thanks Sick your a shining example for us all :)

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by Generic Poster
So for everyone saying homosexuality is the most normal thing, why are you treating it like a taboo?

Possibly if you were homosexual and could understand the issues why people do keep it to themselves you could answer that for yourself. Otherwise there maybe a hell of a lot of reasons for why one would not want it blurted out to anyone. It depends on the individual.

If an individual told someone in strict privacy they were gay, its not for that someone to spout it out whenever it suits them. That goes for any issue told in confidence imo.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

family.jpg

More family-type people posting here?
*frowns at queer Tenko*
Who else wants to come out of the closet finally?

X

Xtro

I had a friend who I played Tribes with for ages blurt out one day that he was gay. I said "and? Want a fucking badge? Now get the flag ffs!" He looked a bit sheepish, turned back to PC...

We won the match btw ;)

I later talked to him at length. I couldnt give a monkeys if someone is gay or not. Probably the KEKEROFLKKTHNXBYE crowd (ie. 12 yr olds) do.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Homosexuality isn't really the issue. There are many things in RL that people might want to keep private: that they are gay, that they are a millionaire, that they are disabled, that they are famous. And they want to keep them private not because they are bad things, or even things that the majority of people would be ok with, but because they are things that a stupid minority might use to cause harm or hurt, or just plain hassle.

This issue is one of privacy and confidentiality. Bloody made private information, that was told to him in confidence, public. He did so knowing that the person didn't want it known, and he did it to hurt and offend that person.

It was a horrible breach of trust, and that is the behaviour that people are condemning. The puerile and childish way that he did it just made it worse.

P

parisienscot

I agree - if someone doesn't want to make it public that should be respected. I personally don't go round yelling it because I'm not always sure how people will react. Although someone worked it out from something I said on /gu recently, and I thought what the hey and confirmed the rumours. This lead to a hysterically funny 10 minutes of /gu banter including firemen strippers, and I believe someone even laughed so much he spat orange juice all over his keyboard!

So if you want to keep it to yourself I respect that and so should anyone you tell in private. But if you want to go public - why not - it might not be as bad as you think.

C

Cush

aparently someone beeing gay.. so? was that like a shock that amongst 10000 ppl playing this game in EU that some is gay? If you think that its maybe time to go outside some and smell the air. Agree with bloody beeing a jackass telling if when he realy have no buissnes to do so.

O

old.Morchaoron

I think he just wants some attention, like the old days when he still had that exploit bow of flames :D

B

Blood

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
I think he just wants some attention, like the old days when he still had that exploit bow of flames :D

cry more n00b..

and get a clue

L

lakih

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
Bloody, not Blood :)

err... did i miss something? isnt Bloody = Blood ? (new char of the short blue dude with a spear and bow)

S

svendoc

lakih you are correct in you assumption, you are missing something Blood and Bloody are to completely different People.

Also I have had nowt but pleasant experiences with Blood, Thanks again for that lovelly bow to shot the those Stinking Albs

On the contrary Bloody has proven himself to be a juvenile uninlightened fool and I for one am glad he is no longer in the same guild as myself.

Hope he grows up to his Actual age not the mental one he has shown of late(no mean feat)

Z

zero-

just a thought..

once something gets socially accepted (right to get married, adopt children!! etc) it spreads out - i dont want my kids to grow up thinking that being homosexual is normal - and becoming gays themselves due to the acceptation - look at it from that point of view kthx bye.

call it radical, fundamental, narrowminded whatever but thats how i look at it - if ppl dont do something about it there'll be assfuckaz everywhere :> just a matter of time ;)

oh ye & care less live longer ;p

ps. this is an opinion, not a flame :>

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by zero-
just a thought..

once something gets socially accepted (right to get married, adopt children!! etc) it spreads out - i dont want my kids to grow up thinking that being homosexual is normal - and becoming gays themselves due to the acceptation - look at it from that point of view kthx bye.

call it radical, fundamental, narrowminded whatever but thats how i look at it - if ppl dont do something about it there'll be assfuckaz everywhere :> just a matter of time ;)

oh ye & care less live longer ;p

ps. this is an opinion, not a flame :>
pretty stupid post to make and thing to say, especially in this thread.

just my opinion tho.. just my opinion

Z

zero-

the spreading out due to acceptation is a (!!) fact ;p - my opinion was that that fact sucked ;p

J

Jonaldo

The population of the world is way too high at the moment, causing homelessness, high unemployment and the spread of disease and famine.

More homosexuals will mean less children which in turn will help us all out. Whether you like them or not :rolleyes:

Also a few more natural disasters and incurable diseases would help ;) *cue SARS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom