bloody hell. part 2

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
just took my trousers off then a distance away from them i noticed a silverfish crawling along the floor!

295px-Silberfischchen.jpg

first time ive actually seen one.

let me tell you about my day though. i went walking in the hills and at one stage i walked in a bit of long grass to take a piss and had a feeling something would crawl on me.
but that means this insect has been stuck in my pants for around 4.5 hours. is that possible? ive been sat around the house since and drove home too. why only now did it escape, assuming it got their from my trousers? and is it possible others are about the house now too?

or is there a chance it was already in my bedroom and its only now that ive seen. afaik they only come out in the dark, but my light is turned on.

i obviously killed it instantly.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
they generally like cupboards in the kitchen especially near sugar (sweet things).

EDIT

don't worry, i doubt they found your bollox sweet.

tris-

they generally like cupboards in the kitchen especially near sugar.

in your expert opinion, what are the chances that it hitched a ride on my pants?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would check all the cupboards in your kitchen. Look inside everything. If nothing is found it was caught elsewhere.

Silverfish are always found in the kitchen....

tris-

I would check all the cupboards in your kitchen. Look inside everything. If nothing is found it was caught elsewhere.

Silverfish are always found in the kitchen....

im in my bedroom at the moment.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
im in my bedroom at the moment.

To much information but they are generally found near food. I doubt there is much on your body that would feed them.....

Laddey

FH is my second home
Holy shit, does it bite or anything? What if it started sticking it's antenas down your wiggly wormwilly

Vladamir

FH is my second home
If that isn't an implication tris has a small penis then i don't know what is!

tris-

To much information but they are generally found near food. I doubt there is much on your body that would feed them.....

there is a lot of fluff under my bed.
but i cant believe this fucking thing may have hitched a 15 mile ride and chilled in my trousers for the last 4.5 hours.
i feel so used.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
there is a lot of fluff under my bed.
but i cant believe this fucking thing may have hitched a 15 mile ride and chilled in my trousers for the last 4.5 hours.
i feel so used.

To be fair, flies will hover round shit for hundreds of miles. You got off lightly.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Silverfish are dirty little bastards mate. You gotta find out if you got them in your house and if you have then you gotta get rid of em.
As stated they tend to hang around the kitchen. Normally they on the floor and hide under the washing machine and cooker.
Only one thing worse than silverfish and thats roaches.
Would be surprised if you had brought it in with you though when you were out walking.
You live in a block of flats by any chance?

Amanita

Part of the furniture
You gotta stop killing these crawlies because this might be Mother Nature being out to get you!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Lucky you, its only a bug. My house is infested with spiders >: Smaller ones stalk my room at summer and makes nets in the ceiling to freak me out. Big ones camps around the washing machine, like two or three cm in diameter, and a huge body. Bah, i need to get rid of my bug fobia

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Weren't those little fellas harmless?

Just remind me of the Starcraft slow moving, ball throwing armadillo thingies :D

tris-

Silverfish are dirty little bastards mate. You gotta find out if you got them in your house and if you have then you gotta get rid of em.
As stated they tend to hang around the kitchen. Normally they on the floor and hide under the washing machine and cooker.
Only one thing worse than silverfish and thats roaches.
Would be surprised if you had brought it in with you though when you were out walking.
You live in a block of flats by any chance?

nope i live in a house. but this wasnt in my kitchen. i took my trousers off in my bedroom and then i seen it.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Lucky you, its only a bug. My house is infested with spiders >: Smaller ones stalk my room at summer and makes nets in the ceiling to freak me out. Big ones camps around the washing machine, like two or three cm in diameter, and a huge body. Bah, i need to get rid of my bug fobia

But with spiders you dont get silverfish.

Reason they so nasty is because of the food contamination you get from their shit. Same problem as roaches.
While I'm on the subject of roaches if you do see one do NOT stand on it to kill it. Female roaches carry their eggs on their back.
You get the eggs on the sole of your shoe and basicly deposit eggs all round your house. Or your mates house. Or your mums house.
You wanna be the one to tell your mum the reason she got roaches is because of you?
Might as well just eat a bullit.

p.s. Best way to nail a roach is to take your cigarette lighter and torch the little bastard.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
But with spiders you dont get silverfish.

Reason they so nasty is because of the food contamination you get from their shit. Same problem as roaches.
While I'm on the subject of roaches if you do see one do NOT stand on it to kill it. Female roaches carry their eggs on their back.
You get the eggs on the sole of your shoe and basicly deposit eggs all round your house. Or your mates house. Or your mums house.
You wanna be the one to tell your mum the reason she got roaches is because of you?
Might as well just eat a bullit.

p.s. Best way to nail a roach is to take your cigarette lighter and torch the little bastard.

All of what you said there is complete bollocks.

Its a myth that you spread the eggs after standing one, mainly due to the fact you crush the eggs when you stand on a roach. I'll get some proof shortly

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Q: I heard that cockroachs’ eggs spread when u squish them with your shoe and you can spread them around where you walk?

A: You are possibly responding to the urban paranoia about contracting and spreading cockroaches in ones work and home environments. It seems that they are everywhere and if your apartment or home gets infested one can begin to speculate on how those buggers got into your ’space’. You have correctly identified it as an urban legend.
It is highly unlikely that a cockroach egg case (ootheca) would survive a classic smooth leather soled shoe. But who wears smooth soled shoes these days? If an ootheca was lucky enough to lodge itself into the honeycomb of a sport shoe tread and the person took off the shoe in disgust and threw it in the corner, I could imagine the eggs surviving and the brutal attempt to end their young lives might have failed.
However the ootheca and contained eggs are huge and mechanically fairly fragile. Any good mashing should kill them all.
I am sorry if I have started another urban legend about the paranoia of passing cockroaches with improper footgear!
I am not recommending going back to smooth soled shoes but I would recommend looking at the size of the waffle holes in your sport/walking/running shoes to see how they compare to the size of an ootheca which is about the size of a pea.

Roaches… Q/A’s | The Real Taiwan

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
All of what you said there is complete bollocks.

Its a myth that you spread the eggs after standing one, mainly due to the fact you crush the eggs when you stand on a roach. I'll get some proof shortly

Given that you are a Weegie, I will bow to your expertise on roaches.:worthy:

georgie

FH is my second home
www.answers.com said:
silverfish can only exist in sufficiently humid, crevice-rich environments.

Like -tris's pants...

*titter*

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
If you look at the picture of it closely its got some sort of cctv device on it. Theyre onto you, burn all the contraband in the garden

Nate

FH is my second home
You keep bringing bugs back to your bed, time to get....bzzzzzzy? :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol silverfish are fine dont worry about them, they live on "bits" and will eat wall paper paste and book paste so if youve a book case in your bedroom it could of come from there. we get them in the bathroom, they don't do any harm, we also have an infestation of weevils which are also fine we just have to keep food containers sealed.

insects in the house are a bit of a pain in the arse but ive survived slugs, maggots, weevils, silverfish, possibly roaches but i have never seen one, pea bugs, spiders, moths and flies.

im still alive, i dont get ill often (actually im healthier here than when i was a kid living in a thoroughly disinfected environment) and when i do its nothing major.

don't fret about a silverfish dude its not gonna kill you! (if it looks like it might have a go youve always got your sword to fend it off with xxx)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
im still alive, i dont get ill often (actually im healthier here than when i was a kid living in a thoroughly disinfected environment) and when i do its nothing major.

Aye, people lived in the freakin woods and survived plenty.

it's not like those bugs are a wholehearted problem to humankind, been around longer then us i reckon.

Well, Bugz is a problem to humanity but time should cure that problem :D(not kill him, just make him more adult like)

About weevils, they are rather innocent, just a bit jumpy when you get near them. A lil spray keeps 'em right off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom