BlizzCon Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Except for the classic WoW bit, I agree.

Classic WoW was shit, sorry, it was. It "got good" with the burning crusade expansion, then went bad, and worse after every expansion.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Classic WoW was shit, sorry, it was. It "got good" with the burning crusade expansion, then went bad, and worse after every expansion.
I agree to a point after WOTLK it went downhill real fast. Today WoW is just a Diablo remix especially considering most of the Diablo devs are working on WoW. The point is the talent tree and actually spending time working on something (which took time) meant something to you. You invested in your character rather than hearthing to a city and changing specs for fuckall etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They have dumbed it down so much now that you could play it on a control pad, I actually thought that was what they were aiming for when I quit 1-2 years ago. They removed all choice from a character, it was cookie cutter or nothing for spec. They then did the same for gear.

Every single boss now is stand in the fire, die. Who cares what your gear is. Oh that's OK, you didn't stand in the fire, you win.

PvP is still instanced rubbish that nobody has any investment in, nobody gives a shit.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That's the main thing I miss, feeling like you've actually achieved something in WoW... the last time I felt that was when we killed the Lich King on Heroic for the first time - every raid tier since then has just been shite/spoon fed epic filled piss fest, it doesn't feel good at all.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That's the main thing I miss, feeling like you've actually achieved something in WoW... the last time I felt that was when we killed the Lich King on Heroic for the first time - every raid tier since then has just been shite/spoon fed epic filled piss fest, it doesn't feel good at all.
Much the same way most games have gone?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Much the same way most games have gone?

Pretty much, not that I'm claiming I was a super duper hardcore player in Vanilla WoW but it was refreshing knowing grinding for rep in Silithus for X days actually felt like I did something positive... not its like "Oh ok... few more daily quests that grant stupid amounts of rep until exalted"

And as @Deebs said - raiding forming bonds/friendships with 39 people (most of the time more) was great.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

No.

World PVP was only good in vanilla. TBC flying mounts ruined it and blizzes carebear attitude continued to ruin it every expansion thereafter.
PVP servers should mean something, protecting players on PVP servers to the degree they did was a bad joke.
Cross realm PVE dungeon finder destroyed it.

The only bad things about classic were QOL stuff like farming mats for raids, buffs only lasting 2 minutes, etc.
I can't wait to gank the ever living shit out of people again.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pretty much, not that I'm claiming I was a super duper hardcore player in Vanilla WoW but it was refreshing knowing grinding for rep in Silithus for X days actually felt like I did something positive... not its like "Oh ok... few more daily quests that grant stupid amounts of rep until exalted"

And as @Deebs said - raiding forming bonds/friendships with 39 people (most of the time more) was great.
I remember the war effort for AQ, Syphilis was such a cuntfest. Tarren Mill and Southshore battles were manic yet I was laughing so much at the bun fights, and I also remember the Horde sat outside StormWind and Ironforge (in this case they actually got inside IF and caused chaos). These are the moments I want to see again, and the fact that there is no sharding, you knew the people on your server and you feel a sense of pride when you do something, like getting my Paladin class mount from a quest chain. Cannot fucking wait.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I remember the war effort for AQ, Syphilis was such a cuntfest. Tarren Mill and Southshore battles were manic yet I was laughing so much at the bun fights, and I also remember the Horde sat outside StormWind and Ironforge (in this case they actually got inside IF and caused chaos). These are the moments I want to see again, and the fact that there is no sharding, you knew the people on your server and you feel a sense of pride when you do something, like getting my Paladin class mount from a quest chain. Cannot fucking wait.

Aye, have fun farming those blue diamonds again heh :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

I feel the same as Heel :p excited for the slowdown, the video just shows you how different classic is from Modern and that's only the starting levels.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Most of us if not all of us already know the story but I thought this was quite cool none the less.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So excited for that tbh, I need to go read up on the old 1.12 stuff now for a refresher heh.

Patch 1.12.0

Only notes that came with 1.12 like, still!

All I remember from those battlegrounds was not having control of char whilst he (dwarf hunter) ran around in a perpetual state of Fear :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
@Deebs

"Leak from two days ago that stated there would be a playable demo at blizzcon before the fact (now confirmed) - lends this some credibility. Summary:"

- Classic WoW is in a pre-alpha state, mostly all quests done. They started working on dungeons and battlegrouds.
- 17 devs are working on the game, 2 former Nost-devs for assuring authenticity.
- They don't think there will be a long beta phase.
- Only changes: Improved textures and spell effects but still using the old models. Improved view distance and colorblind mode. Battle.net will have some restrictions on PVP servers.
- 8 servers per region, 4 PVP, 2 PVE, 1 RP-PVP and 1 RP-PVE.
- No ingame shop at the start.
- Sub will be included in retail WoW or you pay less for Classic only.
- Launch about April/June 2019.
- There will be an annoucement and gameplay at Blizzcon

More info in reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/c..._detail_leaks/

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hadn't seen this and definitely interested. Was about to pre-order but the shipping is very high ($31!) so I will wait for it to become available on Amazon directly.
Well the author is trying to get the price of shipping down so who knows....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmm, the part where they mention the barrens, am I reading that wrong or is that implying cross server invites/phasing?

If so, that's going to be abused to fuck for the sake of raid consumable farming.
I think so, they mention the removal of heirlooms as that is so non-classic. They will not be doing cross server any shite. This is good news for all the classic players. Also the icon replacement statement is showing they are taking this seriously.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think so, they mention the removal of heirlooms as that is so non-classic. They will not be doing cross server any shite. This is good news for all the classic players. Also the icon replacement statement is showing they are taking this seriously.

Glad they stuck to no heirlooms, that would just cheapen the experience. Fucking crafting will actually be useful again, holy shit!

Going Alliance myself, as much as I'd love to play a shaman from back then because of lol 2handed windfury in pvp, I want my bubble boy back - really not looking forward to 5 minute blessings and symbols etc though.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Mine would of been our Realm first M'uru kill, boy was that a close run thing like most bosses in SWP.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
@Deebs

Take it with a pinch of salt but apparently some leaked screenshots of classic with interesting UI options.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
More "Leaks" from 4Chan this time - some of the leaks that came from there last year did turn out to be legitimate and there is nothing outlandish in the claims below, seems plausible.

qtGpODQ.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
D2 remastered is all my life needs.

I agree - I would be happy with Diablo4 too though, as long as they don't make a fucking mess of it. Would love to see Necro in 1080p etc, gimme that shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom