BlizzCon Thread

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm curious as someone who never played WoW. Is this Classic WoW hype I keep coming across recently just nostalgia or was it really the best version of the game?
It is not nostalgia, the game really was better back then, you didn't pull 100 mobs and nuke them, you pulled two and maybe died. The world was dangerous as fuck, took a long time to level which meant you were more immersed and the biggest thing, you knew every good person on your realm and every cunt.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Basically it was a grind and a challenge unlike today where it is a logon get what you want and logoff. Back in the day you had to graft for what you wanted and nothing was easy.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is not nostalgia, the game really was better back then, you didn't pull 100 mobs and nuke them, you pulled two and maybe died. The world was dangerous as fuck, took a long time to level which meant you were more immersed and the biggest thing, you knew every good person on your realm and every cunt.

Or Jup pulled an entire room and the whole team died.... Jadar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Makes sense. It still looks like ass though :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Makes sense. It still looks like ass though :)
Ass? You mean arse, you have spent too much time in America :p

Give it a go, you may just like it.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Ass? You mean arse, you have spent too much time in America :p

Give it a go, you may just like it.

Sure, I'll give it a go. It'll have the novelty of being the only game you're better than me at. :rolleyes:

And you're right about too much time in the US, I'm there right now. A sunny 25C California day, it's a hard life.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm curious as someone who never played WoW. Is this Classic WoW hype I keep coming across recently just nostalgia or was it really the best version of the game?

IMO it is mainly Nostalgia but everything meant more when you got it since it was a complete grind to get anything, if I remember correctly a Epic ground mount was something like 600 gold and you mainly got bronze rewards/loot and if lucky you got some silver.

There are some massive grinds in the last two expansions, for example in Legion it was getting Artifact power and in BFA it is Azerite power but they are immensely boring and don't really feel that rewarding.

I suspect the most popular expansion would probably be TBC.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
IMO it is mainly Nostalgia but everything meant more when you got it since it was a complete grind to get anything, if I remember correctly a Epic ground mount was something like 600 gold and you mainly got bronze rewards/loot and if lucky you got some silver.

There are some massive grinds in the last two expansions, for example in Legion it was getting Artifact power and in BFA it is Azerite power but they are immensely boring and don't really feel that rewarding.

I suspect the most popular expansion would probably be TBC.

Might be nostaliga, but classic was very good, especial at the end, before TBC. My epic mount was 900 gold after adjusting for reputation I think, and I had to level a hunter to 60, and farm for like 2 months, in order to afford it. It was a real achievement. The dungeons were relatively hard, in that you needed crowd control for every pull, and you could handle maybe one mistake, but two and chances were someone died.
Dire Maul was fairly tough, and 5 man Stratholme was insanely hard without epic gear.

Raids were long slogs, I think we did Onyxia on Friday night, and then started to clear Molten Core, goal being the first 2-4 bosses. Then we worked on the remainder on the Sunday for like 5-6 hours. Mondays / Tuesdays we did AQ20.

It's a shame they went down the route of higher level cap. There was enough grind in the reputation for TBC to keep everything at 60. Could have done something like DAOC's master levels, where you just gained a bit of hp and maybe a few more talents. In one day, they made 90% of the game redundant.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hadn't seen this and definitely interested. Was about to pre-order but the shipping is very high ($31!) so I will wait for it to become available on Amazon directly.
Finally got the book about a month or so ago but forgot to post about it. It is a very high quality book, the images are amazing. Haven't started to read it yet but will at some point.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
so I don't need to make another thread

Diablo 1 is now on GOG - Windows 10 Compatible

Warcraft 1 and 2 to follow Blizzard said

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so I don't need to make another thread

Diablo 1 is now on GOG - Windows 10 Compatible

Just be aware that the GOG enhanced version is NOT compatible with battle.net, so online is LAN or P2P only...

Why i don't know.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just be aware that the GOG enhanced version is NOT compatible with battle.net, so online is LAN or P2P only...

Why i don't know.

Not sure either tbh, you'd think Blizzard would ship all of its old games to its own launcher.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair, I've got Diablo 1 on CD still somewhere. Plus, I'd only want it for the music now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom