BlizzCon 2013 thread

rynnor

Rockhound
Looks like enchanting gets the shaft - saying they will reduce the number of slots you can enchant but will change the enchants.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looks like enchanting gets the shaft - saying they will reduce the number of slots you can enchant but will change the enchants.

it'll be the same in a sense because they said they will reduce the number of items that can be enchanted BUT you will have more enchants to choose from for the items that can be enchanted... so kind of consolidating them i guess.

rynnor

Rockhound
it'll be the same in a sense because they said they will reduce the number of items that can be enchanted BUT you will have more enchants to choose from for the items that can be enchanted... so kind of consolidating them i guess.

Less sales though - less slots = less demand - they should add something useful and temporary for them to make to compensate.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Plenty of useless (Or at least very unprofitable) about that cost far more than enchanting to level. Actually pretty much all of them.

They need to revamp all professions really.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Plenty of useless (Or at least very unprofitable) about that cost far more than enchanting to level. Actually pretty much all of them.

They need to revamp all professions really.

Hopefully they will add some useful crafting like TBC had (the epic Cloth sets, blacksmith epic weapons and epic mail pieces you could make were a good idea for pre-raid gear, they weren't super easy to obtain and lasted quite a long time.. especially the Shadowcloth stuff) and the weapons tied in with upgrades via raid materials that dropped from Tempest Keep/Serpent Shrine cavern.

Poag

m00?
TBH enchanting has been a cash cow for years. Its needed nerfing for a long time, and alch aswell!

I remember the good old days, when I used my Engine hunter to craft arrows and sold them at raid portals when i was raiding :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
TBH enchanting has been a cash cow for years. Its needed nerfing for a long time, and alch aswell!

I remember the good old days, when I used my Engine hunter to craft arrows and sold them at raid portals when i was raiding :p

Alch will always be a cash cow tbh, people eat through pots and flasks like no tomorrow during progression raids.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
v9wITW3.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"Flying mount access will be delayed as long as possible, maybe even past Level 100 until Patch 6.1. (Keep in mind this is just an idea being tossed around)"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't mind not flying while levelling as you get to explore properly, would be fucking annoying afterwards when you are just trying to get about.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't mind not flying while levelling as you get to explore properly, would be fucking annoying afterwards when you are just trying to get about.

More thinking of alts, I remember how annoying Pandaria was after going to alts after leveling with main/already seeing everything.

rynnor

Rockhound
Am I the only one admiring the genius of making people pay for the correction of past design mistakes and presenting these as features?

The item level/stats inflation correction because they are approaching the limit for a 32 bit value - the 20 man raids because they cant balance 10 v 25?

Or paying for the necessary update of character models in a game that's been around for years?

And these are features people are expected to pay extra cash for above the monthly subscription?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Am I the only one admiring the genius of making people pay for the correction of past design mistakes and presenting these as features?

The item level/stats inflation correction because they are approaching the limit for a 32 bit value - the 20 man raids because they cant balance 10 v 25?

Or paying for the necessary update of character models in a game that's been around for years?

And these are features people are expected to pay extra cash for above the monthly subscription?

I think there will be one or two other features in the new expansion :)

The stat squash will be pre expansion anyway and will happen regardless of whether you get the expansion, and has happened before.

The new raid system is a terrible idea, I can understand the reasoning behind it but its going to make it tough for casual 10 mans and mean 25 mans have to bench more people to run the top tier.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think there will be one or two other features in the new expansion :)

It's the smallest expansion yet in terms of content so far. Unless they are hiding a bunch of extra stuff its pretty content light - reduced price?

They even chopped half the heroic raid content (mythic being the new heroic, heroic = normal etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom