BlizzCon 2013 thread

ileks

Part of the furniture
Yep. I'd love Polt to do well as well tbh

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
The embarrassment that earns them around £56,000,000.00 a month :)

Link to that sum?

Not that anyone was questioning that the game is a success and make tons of money. it's still a piece of shit, but that's what people seem to enjoy these days.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Link to that sum?

Not that anyone was questioning that the game is a success and make tons of money. it's still a piece of shit, but that's what people seem to enjoy these days.

It's more isn't it? they have 7,600,000 active subscriptions still (correct me if i'm wrong here, quite tired and long numbers are not very fun when tired)

7,600,000 x £9 = £68,400,000 x12 = £820,800,000 per year

or in $ (roughly)

$109,446,840 x 12 = $1,313,362,080 per year (and none of these figures include what they make from character transfers, guild transfers, renames, digital pets and mounts)

So yea, WoW is pretty much still the golden goose for Blizzard/Activision

Even if WoW lost 5,000,000 subs they'd still be pulling a fortune in

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Link to that sum?

7.7 million subscribers X £8 a month. You can add on any old number for other services if you like, realm transfers, vanity pets, renames etc.

rynnor

Rockhound
The NPCs who live in your Garrison and can be sent out to get stuff is pure SWTOR - its good though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In no particular order on topics here;

Looks good, sounds good, looks good, wow is still fun if you like MMOs.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The NPCs who live in your Garrison and can be sent out to get stuff is pure SWTOR - its good though.

SWTOR nicked it from Everquest 2 tho first I think, there are guild gatherers you can send out to gather stuff for you.

rynnor

Rockhound
SWTOR nicked it from Everquest 2 tho first I think, there are guild gatherers you can send out to gather stuff for you.

Yeah but this is more like the SWTOR version - in that you had your ship which was effectively your house - you could customise it with vendors, mailbox etc. and your NPCs were there unless you sent them on a mission. NPCs could be sent on multiple missions or set crafting while you were offline.

rynnor

Rockhound
I like the idea that garrisons will not just be an instance but will be laid out across (multiple phases of) the zone so you can fly past everyone's garrisons.

The only downside with player housing is that if it has banking/vendor upgrades the cities could start to feel a bit dead - better for server load though.

I wonder if they will have guild garrisons? That would be great plus some way to enable you t have your house by your guildies ones.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Meeeeeh at hunter talents...again.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Meeeeeh at hunter talents...again.

Yea, thought the same... Snipe is very niche because you can't use it while moving which essentially makes it worse than the others on most boss fights. With or without you sounds interesting tho, might prove to be a bigger dps increase by not using a pet for survival/marksman, bola shot sounds interesting also.

Warriors(lol blade barrier whut?), dks and warlocks got the bee's knee's of talents tho imo

rynnor

Rockhound
From playtesters at Blizzcon it seems they have radically reduced all stats/damage etc. in the new expansion and will backtrack that through all prior content.

Example given - 90 mage - 30k health 19k mana max crit 2900.

rynnor

Rockhound
Weird raiding change - new Heroic is called Mythic and can only be done as a 20 man group - thoughts are Blizzard finally giving up trying to balance 10 v 25 man heroics difficulty by picking one size. Its going to be bad news for 25s but a lot worse for ten man guilds to re-tool and recruit for 20 man.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yea, this made my eyes pop out like

- Hit and Expertise = removed
- No repair bills
- Dodge and Parry removed from items
- Armour parts change based on what spec you are (only armour parts)
- Lifesteal on items
- Run speed on items
- +Aoe damage on items

rynnor

Rockhound
I can't make the item squish changes work on the numbers when you scale them down to level 1 - unless they change the shape of the health increase curve between expansions (which would impact re-doing old content) then you start out with only a few points of health and low level enchants will be like 0.275 health added to a chest piece :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I can't make the item squish changes work on the numbers when you scale them down to level 1 - unless they change the shape of the health increase curve between expansions (which would impact re-doing old content) then you start out with only a few points of health and low level enchants will be like 0.275 health added to a chest piece :p

They'll prob have some universal tool on the WoW editor that can target mass numbers so they can prob change scaling quite easy..

rynnor

Rockhound
They'll prob have some universal tool on the WoW editor that can target mass numbers so they can prob change scaling quite easy..

Sure but what I'm saying is it makes the low levels look extremely unsexy in terms of numbers and it will piss off the masses when they are massively reduced.

Apparently its all about the limit for 32 bit numbers but this seems a stupid way to fix it - you could just have a hidden stat server side that's used for raiding that = current stat/1000 and do all the behind the scenes calculations using that then pad out the numbers again for display purposes.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't really think stats matter, end of the day its just eye candy - you will still kill things just as fast as now, that won't change.

Edit: on a side note Lifesteal could be very interesting for twinking/lvling new characters.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Other things (taken from MMO Champion) obv you will have seen it already if you watched BlizzCon live (or you might have missed it) so here's some fun tidbits again.

* Leveling in WoD will be a fun and fast paced romp through the zones. The team is backing off the idea that leveling should be a long grind.

* The tertiary stats may be limited to a certain slot, like speed only on boots. It will be rare enough that by the time you can farm them progression races will be over. They shouldn't have a big impact on progression races

* Racial balance will be tuned again in WoD, trying to narrow the gap. Goblin and Worgen have better balanced racials than many other races right now

* The game has a Raid Browser that no one uses, so in WoD it will be expanded to support killing world bosses, doing achievements, finishing Shadowmourne, or any other activity. This will support cross realm groups and encourage people to do PuGs rather than completely random matchmaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom