Blazin' Squad - The worst 'musical' act of today?

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
system of a down dont have lyrics that make any sense ;) and there still good.
and maxi i saw cooper temple clause live and they were really good

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Meatballs said:
You liked the sound but realised the lyrics are stupid? and that makes them a bad musical act?

Seems petty to me! Most lyrics on songs arn't that intelligent/important.

p.s. I've never actually heard of MHS, and I've flicked through nme twice in my life.

what utter shit :/

The lyrics of the bands YOU listen to aren't that intelligent/important maybe.

But guess what!! A band can be great lyircally and musically

throdgrain

FH is my second home
A band can also be great without having excellent lyrics, ie , if you like them.
The amount of times people have said this to you maxi, Id have thought you'd have understood :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
Yeah, look at William Orbit, or The Chemical Brothers.

;)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
"EH EH EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Little Britain's Anne vs the FreddysHouse Glum Fuckers With Thumbs Up Their Arses Remix 2004

mank!

Part of the furniture
stubbyrulz said:
system of a down dont have lyrics that make any sense ;) and there still good.
and maxi i saw cooper temple clause live and they were really good
The lyrics on their first album are very political and make plenty of sense. As do most of the lyrics on Toxicity actually.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I think SOAD write some superb lyrics. If you still don't understand them Stubby watch some of the Imagery in the Toxicity video and you'll pick it up pretty fast. :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
maxi said:
Well i dont count the novelty acts, because I don't REALLY consider them to be musical artists...just performers. So Cheeky Girls, et al, are out.

You're left with a lot of shitty mall punk, nu metal and MOR rock the list of awful bands include

blink 182
RHCP
Coldplay
Stereophonics (i hate these most of all)
Turin Brakes
Starsailor
Mull Historical Society
Cooper Temple Clause
Dido
Linkin Park
Good Charlotte (i think Busted deserve more credit than these cocks, Honestly..)
Daniel Bedingfield
All American Rejects

more to be added probably
Evenescene (sp?)
I'd agree with most of these (especially Stereophonics and RHCP) except All American Rejects and Good Charlotte, if only because they are the only bands which make pop music i can listen to.

And Meatballs, lyrics not important? What are you smoking just out of interest?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Bodhi said:
I'd agree with most of these (especially Stereophonics and RHCP) except All American Rejects and Good Charlotte, if only because they are the only bands which make pop music i can listen to.

How someone can say RHCP are worse than Good Charlotte is beyond me. :(

Bodhi

Aoami said:
How someone can say RHCP are worse than Good Charlotte is beyond me. :(
Well I hate RHCP and don;t mind Good Charlotte, and thats all that matters!

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Bodhi said:

I didn't mean they didn't have to sound good, I meant they don't have to have to be deep and meaningful (or even make proper sense) to make a song good. Maxi said Californication 'SOUNDED' melancholy, but lyrically it was laughable. WTF? The sound is what is important, not the importance of the actual words themselves.

Oh and Im not saying there arn't any brilliant tracks with great lyrics which can really move me, but it doesn't make a bad band if they dont.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Well I hate RHCP and don;t mind Good Charlotte, and thats all that matters!
me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Etc.

:)

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
spose they kinda make sense but quite a few of the songs are really random :>

Bodhi

Sar said:
me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Etc.

That's fairly moronic!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Fight Fire with Fire.

Brilliant Metallica song.

;)

Bodhi

They musta loaded some new software, I'm sure I've had this conversation before.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Aoami said:
Imo the Chilli's biggest problem is thier choices of singles. I don't think the singles they release best represent their music, and this is a big problem because in some cases (maybe yours) this is all that people here. Take the Californication album for instance; I don't think the album really gets any good untill you get to the last few album tracks, which are probably some of my favourite RHCP songs. The same for By the Way really.

Personally I loved the first 4 albums...... with BSSM they began a decline as they lost the sheer anarchic energy of the early work. still like them though and realise that music and people develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom