blah!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I hate knowing just enough, to know that you know absolutely nothing at all :(

I hate being just good enough, to know you're completely shit! knowing you could've beaten that twat with the AWP, but it just didnt happen.

How the fuck is it that theres always some tosser faster? or stronger? or better?

I mean ffs, whats the point?

Taking part doesnt mean sweet FA if you know you're good enough that you should be winning.

GAH! :(

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
'tis why I don't play cs anymore

its the most frustrating game ever, I know I'm better than 99% of the retards that play, yet some how they can still kill me?

35-5 on a public is no good, I died 5 times

and pcw's cw's... not played one of them in a good 2 years

don't you find yourself blaming absolutely everything, checking your cfg to make sure the server hasn't auto'd some stupid setting or your zoom sens is spot on, or your mouse sens in windows is just right, and if its just right, well my usual explanation was that the opposition must have been... dutch.

do choke still play? they were always the team I could never quite get one over :(

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I'm crap enough to not be bothered by any of that.

Long live incompetence!!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Well.. that´s the idea of a competition. Get used to it. Same thing will happen to you with anything you do... football, chess, chasing girls whatever.
:)

Gamah

Banned
'tis why I don't play cs anymore

its the most frustrating game ever, I know I'm better than 99% of the retards that play, yet some how they can still kill me?

35-5 on a public is no good, I died 5 times

and pcw's cw's... not played one of them in a good 2 years

don't you find yourself blaming absolutely everything, checking your cfg to make sure the server hasn't auto'd some stupid setting or your zoom sens is spot on, or your mouse sens in windows is just right, and if its just right, well my usual explanation was that the opposition must have been... dutch.

do choke still play? they were always the team I could never quite get one over :(

I used to be in the top 2% of UK players at cs..and this was before emo fags decided config was how you were pro, hell I started out on software rendering xD

I never ever bothered to "tweak" my config yet I still dominated.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I used to be in the top 2% of UK players at cs..and this was before emo fags decided config was how you were pro, hell I started out on software rendering xD

:worthy:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i dont know what anyone is talking about and im perfectly happy with myself and my abilities.

ignorance is bliss, so is melted cheese... ignorant melted cheese = omg!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

No offense, but everyone who claims to be "dominating" in anything but sexgames, usually isn't.

And not even in sexgames :D

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Well.. that´s the idea of a competition. Get used to it. Same thing will happen to you with anything you do... football, chess, chasing girls whatever.
:)

I enjoy a good challenge, I just hate losing when I know I should of won easily.

I used to be good at the original UT, I could go into any decent server and expect to win 9 out of 10 times, I'd have a good challenge on a few of them but mostly the people just didnt have a clue, now with CS I get the feeling I should be winning, I can still pull off a good move or two, but I'm nowhere near as consistent as I was with UT, and it just drives me nuts.

While I do enjoy a challenge more than anything, I play to win, and losing with that nagging feeling that I should've won is something I really struggle to accept.

I guess I know there will always be someone better than me, but I just cant accept it. Even reading gamah's post, I cant help having that "yeah, but I'd still give him a run for his money!" attitude, even if I am probably wrong - I remember thinking exactly the same thing about fatality when he set up at E3 one year and offered anyone who could beat him a cheque for $1000.

I struggle to physically say the words "This person is better than me". I dont know why, I just dont think its something I will ever get used to.

EDIT:
Its not that I'm not happy with my abilities Ez, probably the opposite, I'm bordering on arrogance in my own abilities, I'm just not happy unless I'm using them :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Heh, rereading my first post I realise I've pretty much turned around in my attitude, I guess that needs some explaining...

I made the original post last night after a shoddy performance in a CS match, I was rather annoyed at the time (bordering on emo!), now its the next day I seem to have recovered from it and feel ready to take on anyone again heh.

The original post still stands though, I hate that feeling you get when you just cant seem to do something right, you know what you should be doing, but it just doesnt happen.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Heh, rereading my first post I realise I've pretty much turned around in my attitude, I guess that needs some explaining...

I made the original post last night after a shoddy performance in a CS match, I was rather annoyed at the time (bordering on emo!), now its the next day I seem to have recovered from it and feel ready to take on anyone again heh.

The original post still stands though, I hate that feeling you get when you just cant seem to do something right, you know what you should be doing, but it just doesnt happen.

YOU SUCK!!!!!111! :D

Marc

FH is my second home

I think we all have days like that. Remember a game of rugby I played against bottom of the league and we lost 28-6. Nothing went right for us. Sliding defence was dodgy, missed tackles, awful kicking game, shit lines etc. It just happens. If you could be at the top of your game, everytime you played you would be numero uno, or at least up there with them. Thats what seperates the great from the good.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie

ditto- twas how I got into PC's, think we got to 3rd in the old clanbase euro thingy in 1.2-1.3, was always some scandinavian team at top though and we just couldn't touch them back in the day

by 1.3 and the whole interp thing though, couldn't avoid the cfg'ing, and it just went downhill from there :(

thing was, most people use to go "blah blah cfg'ing never does anything its all in your head"

but if you used low interp you could awp like a korean on 1.3

I still play on 640x480 even now, on a 32" hdtv :kissit:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I am clearly the best at Aztec though Pikey!!!!!!!!

You are to hard on yourself, I hate losing which is why I hate playing D2 against D2 only clans. But I am so good I hardly lose ever :p

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
the short A rush 2nd round in with armor and shotguns was a fave of mine, we actually got it to work as well :ninja:

Calaen

We favour the A short/long split, smokes have got to be spot on though in the middle though for snipers.

Our main let down is as a clan we all kinda hate awping, we love beating awp clans on awp maps with our rifles. But sometimes having 1 player who really is good with an awp would help us out so much.

My play style is aggressive and sneaky!!!!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Hmm, some peeps here need to learn that it's the playing that counts and nothing else :m00:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy

your point being that you beat people on equal terms?

Calaen

Hmm, some peeps here need to learn that it's the playing that counts and nothing else :m00:

No People need to learn that competition is a good thing and can spur you on to be better than you thought possible. Just playing is shit, I always play to win.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
No People need to learn that competition is a good thing and can spur you on to be better than you thought possible. Just playing is shit, I always play to win.

Unless you learn that there is no value in winning or losing and that just playing is fun. Competition is just the side value of playing, else if you didn't play then there would be no competition and thus nothing to play against ;)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
heh, thats like saying its ok to be decent at your job as long as you do it. untill some shithead who can do your job 10x better gets you fired cause you sucked - screw competition!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
We favour the A short/long split, smokes have got to be spot on though in the middle though for snipers.

Our main let down is as a clan we all kinda hate awping, we love beating awp clans on awp maps with our rifles. But sometimes having 1 player who really is good with an awp would help us out so much.

My play style is aggressive and sneaky!!!!

i was going for comedy but yea whatever :p

need at least 3 people in a 6man squad who can awp proficiently (talking on a more serious note now) as sometimes the best way of getting anywhere as T attacking is to pick and then move accordingly, being a sneaky twat as an awper also helps, as does ALOT of patience (train being a perfect example, as is inf)

aztec example, T's can reach door before CT's can on opposite side, use to pick with awp there all time, and most times it'd work for 1-2 rounds and then a couple later on, then your left with a 4-5 which on azzy should be fairly easy. In 1.3 with the lolhitboxes we use to pick with an ak :>

a team centred around rifles will often get sprayed/naded down when rushing

awww such nostalga

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
heh, thats like saying its ok to be decent at your job as long as you do it. untill some shithead who can do your job 10x better gets you fired cause you sucked - screw competition!

Umm being ok at your job is just generally what most employers want, it's the stability that counts these days. The days of the shithead 'I am better than you thus givf promotion' = ur fired these days and it's been like that for quite sometime. Personally, i'd rather have the wage coming in and doing the job to the best of my ability and hope it's either good enough and better than I thought due to the stability of the performance and thus getting promotion on recognition of doing the job to the spec it was asked for and nothing more :p

Calaen

i was going for comedy but yea whatever :p

need at least 3 people in a 6man squad who can awp proficiently (talking on a more serious note now) as sometimes the best way of getting anywhere as T attacking is to pick and then move accordingly, being a sneaky twat as an awper also helps, as does ALOT of patience (train being a perfect example, as is inf)

aztec example, T's can reach door before CT's can on opposite side, use to pick with awp there all time, and most times it'd work for 1-2 rounds and then a couple later on, then your left with a 4-5 which on azzy should be fairly easy. In 1.3 with the lolhitboxes we use to pick with an ak :>

a team centred around rifles will often get sprayed/naded down when rushing

awww such nostalga

Tbh we are shit hot on Aztec, whether the team use awps or not we more times than not with the Best players available for positions will win on Aztec.

Dukat

Resident Freddy

Hah, I was always "the sportsman" when I was younger, I entered competitions, came 3rd or less than that and walked away with people telling me those same words. I have a box full of bronze medals because thats the best I ever got before highschool. No gold. No wins. I wasnt unhappy with that a the time, I enjoyed 'taking part'.

After growing up things have changed, if I do something, I want to be doing it well. Whats the point in doing something if you arent going to do it properly?

I dont know why, but the saying "its not the winning, but the taking part that counts" has always seemed like something mothers tell thier children. Its something I remember my mum telling me, but its not something I'd accept as true now.

I dont think that losing itself is something to be angry at as such, more if you lost because you werent doing things you can do and have done before.

I'm not going to say 'winning is all that matters', I just think that having the attitude of 'playing to win' is important.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing at all wrong with channeling your efforts which is basically what your doing, and I totally agree, if your not the least bit unhappy about not winning then you obviously never had the mentality and desire to begin with

@caelen
back on the CS note, not played competitively since 1.5, is it worth the effort?

the amount of whine from the usual LAN go'ers got to pisstake points and they were majority kids then, all 14-15 with that imardcosimbehindascreen mentality

what level dya play at? how long you been playing?

Calaen

I am in KEA with Dukat, only been playing a about 3-4 years, not played often since my baby came along though so a bit out of touch.

I know there are way better players out there than me but I get along alright.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Put down the AWP and pick up the sword and join on us on US duky!

Well im not there yet, but i will be! as a Champion or a Warden or some such, i hope we will at least see you in WAR?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I enjoy a good challenge, I just hate losing when I know I should of won easily.

I used to be good at the original UT, I could go into any decent server and expect to win 9 out of 10 times, I'd have a good challenge on a few of them but mostly the people just didnt have a clue, now with CS I get the feeling I should be winning, I can still pull off a good move or two, but I'm nowhere near as consistent as I was with UT, and it just drives me nuts.

While I do enjoy a challenge more than anything, I play to win, and losing with that nagging feeling that I should've won is something I really struggle to accept.

I guess I know there will always be someone better than me, but I just cant accept it. Even reading gamah's post, I cant help having that "yeah, but I'd still give him a run for his money!" attitude, even if I am probably wrong - I remember thinking exactly the same thing about fatality when he set up at E3 one year and offered anyone who could beat him a cheque for $1000.

I struggle to physically say the words "This person is better than me". I dont know why, I just dont think its something I will ever get used to.

EDIT:
Its not that I'm not happy with my abilities Ez, probably the opposite, I'm bordering on arrogance in my own abilities, I'm just not happy unless I'm using them :)

Freud says you love your family in a sex way and suck at games.
I just think you have fat old fingers and cant see the screen haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom