Blade Runner 2049

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Discussion thread I guess? looks alright from what it shows, its meant to have the original writers etc too.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got as far as "Ryan Gosling"

bleh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How can it have the original writers when Philip K Dick is dead?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
How can it have the original writers when Philip K Dick is dead?

Not all of them I guess then? pretty sure I read something about it awhile ago with 'original writers' or something.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I haven't seen anything Denis Villeneuve has directed that I don't like, so I'm looking forward to this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Philip K Dick wrote Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep - which is what Blade Runner's based on. Cracking book.

He also wrote We Can Remember It For You Wholesale - which is what Total Recall is based on.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I bet its no where near as good as the original. Most remakes etc dont come close.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Philip K Dick wrote Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep - which is what Blade Runner's based on. Cracking book.

He also wrote We Can Remember It For You Wholesale - which is what Total Recall is based on.
And The Man in the High Castle.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I first thought @TdC said "pregnant" fapping...

See what happens when you don't eat Pigs-in-blankets 6 days before Christmas?

leggy

Probably Scottish

Blade Runner bore only a slim resemblance to the book though. I doubt Dick's lack of input will make much difference...

It'll be rubbish.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I hope not. I really really want this one to roxxor my boxxors and other memes.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Blade Runner bore only a slim resemblance to the book though.

This.

I've already had the "don't be the 'it's not like the book' guy" discussion with Wazz on social media.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Some press reviews are coming back, general vibe seems to be "May be better than the first one."

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Despite its flaws, one thing about Blade Runner 2049 is most welcome: it is trying to be about something. It is trying to be deep, rich, and complex. We’ve grown so used to lowest-common-denominator blockbuster cinema that it’s almost shocking to watch a big science-fiction movie, featuring these kinds of stars, swinging for the fences in this way. It’s hard not to be impressed by, and a bit grateful for, the ambition and care evident in every frame.
Good enough for me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Some press reviews are coming back, general vibe seems to be "May be better than the first one."
Nnnggg.

Are they trying to fuck me up?

If Kermode says that I may pay for it. But not before.

@TdC. Have you fucking seen it yet? And who cares how busy work is - post more, bitch!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What @Moriath said, surprisingly. :)

EDIT: This has "Prometheus" written all over it in large font. Leave well alone.
This really and tbh I found the original boring, when I think of classic scifi from the era, films like Close Encounters are far more entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom