Black Hawk Down

S

Stazbumpa

My mate saw it and said it was fab. I'm off to see it this weekend or next. Somali's probably haven't been painted in a nice light, but then again, when they were'nt killing th Yanks, they were quite happy to kill each other, which is why the Yanks went in the first place.

S

ShockingAlberto

I really liked it.

Firstly, any suggestion that it's an attempt to rewrite history is just bollocks. The film managed to not actually put forward an oppinion on wether the US involvement there was wrong, however, if one was to form an oppinion on the matter from watching the film, you'd come to the conclusion that they shouldn't have been there.

Yes, alot of the Somalis were portrayed as savages, but quite a few of the Somalis pictured as soldiers wern't, and a few of the Somali higher rnaked guys especially wern't shown as savages at all. Yes, it didn't really develop any charecters, but it wasn't trying to, was it. Almost the entire film was about the actual fighting, and not many films can say that.

The film certainly didn't glorify war in anyway - The constant sound of guns firing really stuck in your head, and some of the injuries wern't very nice at all. I thought it was a great film, deffinately up there was one of the best war films of the past 10 years, easily. Allthough the ones of you who aren't going to see it, you're really missing out, as i don't think a television could do it justice in a few years time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom