Black Friday

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So far purchased an Xbone, spare controller, 2 games (COD Ghost + FIFA 14), Raspberry Pi, Pi Case, 2 books on Pi and an Elgato HD game video recording gismo - all Xmas presents for my 13 yr old son.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Like Thanksgiving? Oh, wait...

Well that is an American holiday I just prefer doing the opposite where Boxing day isn't used as the biggest shopping day because that is now earlier and instead Boxing day is used as R&R and to spend time with your family/friends....I accept it is wishful thinking however :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
So far purchased an Xbone, spare controller, 2 games (COD Ghost + FIFA 14), Raspberry Pi, Pi Case, 2 books on Pi and an Elgato HD game video recording gismo - all Xmas presents for my 13 yr old son.

Just a few things then.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I remember when all I got was an orange and a clip round the ear.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If I call you Daddy can I have a XBone? :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well that is an American holiday I just prefer doing the opposite where Boxing day isn't used as the biggest shopping day because that is now earlier and instead Boxing day is used as R&R and to spend time with your family/friends....I accept it is wishful thinking however :)

...and Black Friday is an American shopping event. It only really exists in the UK because of Amazon. That was my point really. There's a Boxing Day sale tradition in the UK because its a holiday (how else would retailers get the footfall?). In the US they don't get Boxing Day off, so the big sale became a Thanksgiving thing. Bizarrely for many people (called..."women" I believe), the sales are an R&R thing; my missus and a bunch of her friends get up for the Next sale at 5AM on Boxing Day; she buys a year's worth of clothes for the kids and goes off for breakfast with her friends before I'm even out of bed. Mars and Venus and all that...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My wife does the same but minus the kids clothes. Suits me as long as I don't have to go with her.

Embattle

FH is my second home
...and Black Friday is an American shopping event. It only really exists in the UK because of Amazon. That was my point really. There's a Boxing Day sale tradition in the UK because its a holiday (how else would retailers get the footfall?). In the US they don't get Boxing Day off, so the big sale became a Thanksgiving thing. Bizarrely for many people (called..."women" I believe), the sales are an R&R thing; my missus and a bunch of her friends get up for the Next sale at 5AM on Boxing Day; she buys a year's worth of clothes for the kids and goes off for breakfast with her friends before I'm even out of bed. Mars and Venus and all that...

Thanks but I know all this but to put it in simple terms, it would be nice if it was another day other than boxing day is my point.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Especially now with the interweb that sales start Xmas day .. There is no escape from capitalism to enjoy the peace away from the Mecca of selling
You can just not turn on your computer and watch movies on a no-ads channel?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It also exists in Sweden now according to elgiganten

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
£260 pair of over ear headphones for £129

That's my Xmas gift sorted. Saw them in John Lewis when I went last, rather nice.

Seinnheiser Amperior Closed Dynamic Headphones

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think hearts are ISO rated but feel free to dig out some tedious link that says otherwise.

Poag

m00?
Right so i've bought a 240GB SSD on monday. It turned up today.

Its one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00BQ8RM1A/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I'll admit i'v now changed my mind about it, but had to have a nose inside. I'm going to arrange to return it to Amazon tomorrow.

However if someone else would like it, i'll give it to you for what it cost me which was £95.99. I've unsealed the packaging but not taken it out of the anti static bag.

Why am i doing this? I had a nose around inside my PC and i'm short a power connector, after pondering with myself "Do i really need this?" the answer came up as not really needed atm.

If you want it let me know before midday tomorrow.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Picked up MIB trilogy and Big Bang Theory both on Blu Ray.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Got the Hobbit extended edition today on Blu-ray for £10.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Human life is too sacrosanct. Anything else we snuff out without a blink if it's in our way. And there seven billion humans on his planet. It could stand to lose a few million or billion and if one was me so be it. I'm not wishing it on the poor or others. When I die I won't know anything about it so do your worst.

Will be better for the planet.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Let's just have an icon for everything so no one has to reply to anyone any more.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Let's just have an icon for everything so no one has to reply to anyone any more.

We need a "why the fuck did you respond to that post that way?" icon. We can then just start posting on the content of each other's response icons. It would be very Meta. (We also need a "meta" icon).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom