Bizarre way to wake up!

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
NikonL said:
lol as if most people ever get to find out if they are willing to kill or not? :p i dislike how being seen as "willing to kill" is what makes you badass these days.

Has nothing to do with being a badass. Bringing a weapon into any confrontation you must be willing to use it, or risk having it used against you. When you are faced with the choice of having to do something that might infact kill another human being, you have to be ready to do it. If you hold a weapon and the person doesn't stop by fear of the weapon.
Could you live with yourself after killing someone? Hard question to answer, and probably can't fully be answered unless you have indeed killed someone.
But some people can say from the start "No, i couldn't do it" and those people have no real use for a weapon now do they?

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
& to conclude - like Gamah - I could happily kill someone who I believed deserved it. I'm a heartless sod like that :D

No you're not, you're just young. It's ok don't let me convince you. You'll realize it over time.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Its not cool and its nothing to be proud of, viloence is a last resort. It caused me to rethink the way I live me life knowing that eventually I could really hurt someone.

You are going emo on us aren't you?

:fluffle:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Crazy how fucked up UK law is in reference to assault on burgulars.

My initial instinct when I see a burgular is to arm myself with the most lethal object and go screaming down at him in a mad rage.

Yet I can be arrested for that?

Fuck you Tony Blair you asshat!

tbh think you need to stand in the situation before you can say what you do .

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I agree the thought of Bugz shitting himself irl on his landing isnt really worth picturing.

Being broken into is a horrible experience, waking up and finding someone in your house is one thing if they run away and a total other if they stop to fight

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bugz said:

My initial instinct when I see a burgular is to arm myself with the most lethal object and go screaming down at him in a mad rage.

it depends.

if you think your in danger then you need to defend your self, with what you feel is reasonable.

you cant attack him if hes fleeing.

slightly on topic, i also did triple science, so i must pwn too.

Farhach said:
If you set traps though, i think you could go free? dont think theres any law that prevents you from having like an anvil hanging from the ceeling that hits any unsuspecting evil-doers? :p

i think there is actually. i know its something to do with negligence. like you have put a sign up if you barb wire the top of your wall, or at least i think you do. makes it seem like your house isnt actually your house if you have to cater for random people breaking in by not having dangerous obstacles designed to harm :\

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Calaen said:
I agree the thought of Bugz shitting himself irl on his landing isnt really worth picturing.

Then i realise it's you burguling me and I sue you for making me laugh so hard that I have a heart attack?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Tilda said:
Its not quite, "you can do whatever you want"
It has to be proportionate, so for example, if you have a loaded shotgun, shooting a burgler fromt he far side of a room, in the back, when he's trying to get out, is unlikley to hold much water in court.
If you are defending youself, its gotta be because you are in fear of your life. So ie, if you have a knife, and have seen that the burgler has a gun, or another knife and is much bigger than you. Then it would probably be ok.
However, once he's incapacitated, you have to call police/ambulance asap because that will obviously look better to the jury. "I didn't want to kill him, just defend myself so I didn't die, this is proved cause i called ambulance etc asap"

lol your rught about what you said about shooting sum1 in the back but aha here in ireland recently there has been a really contraversial case where a man not only shot a manas he was running away he then proceeded to go into his house get a shovel...beat the intruder with the shovel....get more ammo...reloa and then sot him again...the best part...he got away with it :p:p:p:p rox irish justice system!!!!!!!! :p

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Serious topic etc, hope your ok, and they catch the b'stard

but ....

Out of interest, when he ran off did you jump out your bed and slam him with Annihilation? 9 seconds could mean the chance to get a good look at his face :)

F***ing LOL!

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
P.S - Double science? Triple science ftw :D

Double science award is what they called the collection of Physics, chemistry and biology when I did my GCSE's. It's still three sciences, it's just called a double award. Why? I don't know, ask the examining board.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Just keep a knife in your house beat the snot out the the guy that broke in put the knife in his had and there you have instant life threatening danger :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

yeah, because defending your home is a crime! >.<

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Double science award is what they called the collection of Physics, chemistry and biology when I did my GCSE's. It's still three sciences, it's just called a double award. Why? I don't know, ask the examining board.

Double Science now-a-days is 2 GCSEs yet you still take the 3 sciences. Triple science is 3 GCSEs and all 3 sciences but you have an extension paper for each.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If anbyone broke into my house when I was in, i would batter him :p

How do I know he wasnt there to come sex0r my mum and murder me in my sleep ?:(

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Found this on the internet, seems like pretty good advices.

http://www.bandersnatch.com/homesecu.htm

rofl, yea, great advice

CURSE YOUR STUFF: Witchcraft is a growing business, and it is very easy to find a witch and have a curse placed on your really valuable stuff, like jewelry. Put tags on the cursed stuff to make sure the burglar knows that what he is taking comes with a really heavy price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom