Bizarre way to wake up!

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
Woke up by a buglar walking into my room! Ofcourse I couldnt see shit since I wear glasses but atleast it made the fucker leg it, didnt even catch what car he was driving ><

Not sure what was stolen and all(he raped my wallet!), but he sure took his sweet time going from room to room. Odd thing is, our 2 labtops, tv ect. was still in place, I guess he didnt have time to move on to the big stuff o_O

I can see the humor in it, but im pumped and totaly aware of every sound that the house / wind is making ><

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
must have been scary - hope you aren't affected badly

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Change your locks, check your windows. Also call the police as they may be able to work out how they got in

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Out of interest, when he ran off did you jump out your bed and slam him with Annihilation? 9 seconds could mean the chance to get a good look at his face :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
how did he get in out of curiosity
Bahumat said:
Out of interest, when he ran off did you jump out your bed and slam him with Annihilation? 9 seconds could mean the chance to get a good look at his face :)
i know its in jest but on a serious not you want to be careful with hitting people who break into your house, a friend of mine got charged with assault for hitting a burglar who broke into his house fortunately it was thrown out when he appealed

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Elftor said:
Not sure what was stolen and all(he raped my wallet!), but he sure took his sweet time going from room to room. Odd thing is, our 2 labtops, tv ect. was still in place, I guess he didnt have time to move on to the big stuff o_O

Well he stole everything u can fit in your boot and drive to a mates house for storage :p

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
I fumbled the 9 second stun since I was abit sleepy ><

He broke up a window we got in a coridor, first one side then the other and pulled out the hasps thats holding it. After that he went around scourging for loot and put it all in a bag on our dinner table, jewlery + camera was still there since he left in a hurry ~_~

So far it looks like we got off pretty cheap with a broken window and some minor cash missing.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh man i feel for you,

almost the same thing happened to us in the summer i woke up and theres a fucking bloke climbing in the kitchen window screaming at my bf (who was telling him to piss off out and poking him with my kill bill sword).

If it helps heres how we dealt with it,

1) called the police, not much help at all but a guy came round and gave us security tips.

2) got a shit load of locks fitted on all windows and front door

3) got a motion activated intruder alarm from wilkinsons for about a tenner (they sell them at most major DIY stores)

4) maybe not suitable for everyone but made me feel better; brought more weaponry and pepper spray and keep it in reach of my bed at all times, if anyone ever gets in here again theyre not getting out again in a hurry.

the police said you can defend yourself with whatever measures necessary, luckily for you your intruder didnt sound agressive, ours was amped up on drugs and actually trying to get in to attack us. In most cases the intruder will leg it as soon as they are discovered but it is unusual that he came in when people were home tbh, if you live in an area where this is likely to occur again then i strongly recommend you get a few of these alarms and place them by all doors and windows, locks wont help too much if they just break the glass but the alarm will wake you and hoepfully scare them off.

i hope your alright hun i know its a scarey experience

/hug

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Crazy how fucked up UK law is in reference to assault on burgulars.

My initial instinct when I see a burgular is to arm myself with the most lethal object and go screaming down at him in a mad rage.

Yet I can be arrested for that?

Fuck you Tony Blair you asshat!

Case

Fledgling Freddie
That farmer bloke got locked up for life for shooting a burglar as he tried to run out of his house. The poor guy had been burgled something like 30 times in 2 years by the same little scroats too :/

Protect the criminals is what UK law is all about.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
the police said you can defend yourself with whatever measures necessary

The key word is: defend. Don't think that it means you can attack them with a sword/weaponry just for being in your house, they have to attack you first sadly.

Yes its stupid, but its the law. Go against it and see how quickly you wind up in jail.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
That farmer bloke got locked up for life for shooting a burglar as he tried to run out of his house. The poor guy had been burgled something like 30 times in 2 years by the same little scroats too :/

Protect the criminals is what UK law is all about.

Had he shot him when he was coming in, he'd have probably gotten off. It's the shooting a bloke running away that got him done. Hardly self defence at that point.

Darzil

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Sucky way to wake up :(

People pretty much covered all the stuff you can do to get alittle peace of mind after this. Getting good locks and making sure they are locked before going to bed is probably your best bet.

Ez mentioned weaponry. I opted for that, in addition to my regular locks. But it's not for everyone, find out if you are a fight or flight personality first. Because; facing an intruder, never pick up a weapon you are not willing to use. Never point a gun, or swing a sword/axe at anything you are not willing to kill! And if you happen to defend yourself with a sword, which is a fairly common weapon around homes.. It's messy, really messy. And it could be hard for the police, or a jury if it comes to that, to see if it was necessary in self defence.
And make sure you are adept at using whatever you intend to pick up ofc :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:

My initial instinct when I see a burgular is to arm myself with the most lethal object and go screaming down at him in a mad rage.

Yes obviously someone being in your house gives you the right to completely bypass normal law and justice and you have the right to kill him on the spot. YOU ARE TEH LAW!

The fact that you killed someone won't bother you at all either. Nope you only took the life of someone who was going to steal your precious Playstation so you will sleep like a rose for the rest of your life.

Eh... no. It might seem funny at first but if you actually give it some thought you might find out the world isn't black and white.

On topic: Sorry to hear that... has to suck to wake up like that and I hear it's the fact that you feel someone has been through your stuff that eventually feels worse then the stolen goods.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Blackjack said:
Never point a gun, or swing a sword/axe at anything you are not willing to kill!

lol as if most people ever get to find out if they are willing to kill or not? :p i dislike how being seen as "willing to kill" is what makes you badass these days. give back the old english honour days etc :( to my mind, killing someone is one of the most cowardly acts its possible to undertake. if someone ever kills, it should have been because there was ZERO option left, it was either kill them, or let someone innocent come to harm.

put in a simpler way, a father standing over a guy who raped his daughter, aiming a gun at him. does it take courage to pull the trigger? er, not really.

The point of this rant is, you should never be "willing" to kill. Now stop buying weapons you muppet youll hurt yourself :p

Gamah

Banned
TBH, I could kill someone, I am not at all proud of the fact and its a scary thought. I used to have problems with blind rage but have suppresed it over the last 5 years.

These guys on the forums that are like LOL YEAH ID KILL HIM LOLZ have never been close or able to do so. I have physiclly lifted a guy twice the size of me with one arm and put him through a window. Its not cool and its nothing to be proud of, viloence is a last resort. It caused me to rethink the way I live me life knowing that eventually I could really hurt someone.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
NikonL said:
lol as if most people ever get to find out if they are willing to kill or not? :p i dislike how being seen as "willing to kill" is what makes you badass these days. give back the old english honour days etc :( to my mind, killing someone is one of the most cowardly acts its possible to undertake. if someone ever kills, it should have been because there was ZERO option left, it was either kill them, or let someone innocent come to harm.

put in a simpler way, a father standing over a guy who raped his daughter, aiming a gun at him. does it take courage to pull the trigger? er, not really.

The point of this rant is, you should never be "willing" to kill. Now stop buying weapons you muppet youll hurt yourself :p

And im sure you would still have that non violent opinion if u had a chld thatwas raped/murdered or had some other extreme act of violence towards them.

i dont think i could kill sum1 .. but if a situation arose whjere my family was extremely hurt.. or murered or other byu sum1 and i ws faced with them.. tbh... i aint sure what id do.. altho i know wot i would want to do.. which would be to give the perpitrator exact same or worse act they performed on my family.

Tilda

Its not quite, "you can do whatever you want"
It has to be proportionate, so for example, if you have a loaded shotgun, shooting a burgler fromt he far side of a room, in the back, when he's trying to get out, is unlikley to hold much water in court.
If you are defending youself, its gotta be because you are in fear of your life. So ie, if you have a knife, and have seen that the burgler has a gun, or another knife and is much bigger than you. Then it would probably be ok.
However, once he's incapacitated, you have to call police/ambulance asap because that will obviously look better to the jury. "I didn't want to kill him, just defend myself so I didn't die, this is proved cause i called ambulance etc asap"

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Yes obviously someone being in your house gives you the right to completely bypass normal law and justice and you have the right to kill him on the spot. YOU ARE TEH LAW!

The fact that you killed someone won't bother you at all either. Nope you only took the life of someone who was going to steal your precious Playstation so you will sleep like a rose for the rest of your life.

Eh... no. It might seem funny at first but if you actually give it some thought you might find out the world isn't black and white.

Who said I would take his life?

I wouldn't kill someone for burguling my house but I would happily give them a couple of clobberings to the stomach if it gets them out quicker.

The law defends the wrong people. You SHOULD be allowed to clobber someone a couple of times and shout 'get the fuck out' for example. You SHOULDN'T be allowed to clobber them to death.

& to conclude - like Gamah - I could happily kill someone who I believed deserved it. I'm a heartless sod like that :D

Gamah

Banned
Bugz said:
& to conclude - like Gamah - I could happily kill someone who I believed deserved it. I'm a heartless sod like that :D

There was another guy that did that...what was his name again...ahh yes..Hitler.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
[HB]Jpeg said:
And im sure you would still have that non violent opinion if u had a chld thatwas raped/murdered or had some other extreme act of violence towards them.

i dont think i could kill sum1 .. but if a situation arose whjere my family was extremely hurt.. or murered or other byu sum1 and i ws faced with them.. tbh... i aint sure what id do.. altho i know wot i would want to do.. which would be to give the perpitrator exact same or worse act they performed on my family.

I didnt say id be able to hold my non-violent opinion in that situation? i just hope i would. I didnt say anything about myself, all i said is what SHOULD happen, and what i aspire to be.

Farhach

Fledgling Freddie
I would shit my pants if i woke up with someone walking around in my appartment (well, not really, as i dont sleep with pants on, but you get the idea)
Best way to prevent intruders, is to have a full night off, where you can watch and learn how Rambo did in the first movie (where he builds traps and stuff in the forrest there) and just copy that. Dont forget that they are there though! getting a wooden pole through the thigh could hurt...

Swedish law more or less forbids you to harm anyone breaking into your home as well. I think you are allowed to hold him untill police arrives though (first you have to dial them, using your knee or elbow (as hands and feet are busy holding the villain) and then you have to wait half a week for them to appear, armed with an apple and a newspaper, often arriving 3 people, in 1 car each.

If you set traps though, i think you could go free? dont think theres any law that prevents you from having like an anvil hanging from the ceeling that hits any unsuspecting evil-doers? :p

uron

Loyal Freddie
its a horrible thing wen sum1 comes into ur house and goes through ur stuff.
last year we got burgled, must have been an idiot burgler tbh, we live on a main very busy road :eek7: thn to top it all off, ll tht was stolen was a few scratched kiddies DVD's, maybe 20 or so. leaving behind 3 laptops, 2 PCs, TVs, 2 PS2's, jewellery etc. its still horrible, but insturance cover anyting stolen.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:

I'll laugh so much if you genuinely beleive what you've written there. I'd love to know what experiances you went through that showed you you could be a cold hearted killer? What bad stuff has happened to you then Bugz, parents wouldn't let your gf stay over wasn't it? xD

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
NikonL said:
I'll laugh so much if you genuinely beleive what you've written there. I'd love to know what experiances you went through that showed you you could be a cold hearted killer? What bad stuff has happened to you then Bugz, parents wouldn't let your gf stay over wasn't it? xD

People have different personalties/level of conscience maybe? Or perhaps we believe in different things?

Your level of single-sightedness amuses me :D

Or is that too hard to understand for you? Considering you fail at basic GCSE Biology I wouldn't be suprised :)

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
People have different personalties/level of conscience maybe? Or perhaps we believe in different things?

Your level of single-sightedness amuses me :D

Or is that too hard to understand for you? Considering you fail at basic GCSE Biology I wouldn't be suprised :)

:) calm down killer, break out a coke from your in-room fridge and just relax, no need to add me to your wall of hate.

p.s. My Double Science GCSE certificate says "A" next to it, which is odd :eek: because the all knowing bugz tells me i failed?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
NikonL said:
:) calm down killer, break out a coke from your in-room fridge and just relax, no need to add me to your wall of hate.

p.s. My Double Science GCSE certificate says "A" next to it, which is odd :eek: because the all knowing bugz tells me i failed?

I don't want to add you to my wall of hate - you argue about as good as a hanky.

Now that said - fuck off so I don't waste my evening spamming a thread and listening to your bullshit :)

P.S - Double science? Triple science ftw :D

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:

He would destroy you bugz ur only small! :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom