Help Bitdefender Error - But not installed :S

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Hi guys

Yesterday I booted my laptop up and it seemed to take a while (running Vista). Anyways, I got an errorregarding Spybot and that shutting down and then AVGGUI error.

Then it seemed to boot fine apart that I couldnt access the net, as I was 'local only' Then, I got an error saying

"A Problem has occured with BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp You are strongly encouraged to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error"

The thing is, I have never had (or even heard of) BitDefender on my laptop.

I went into the Temp and deleted it and then emptied the recycle bin. Then restarted and still get the error and no internet access. I have done a malware scan, virus scan and I cannot find anything. I have also rebooted my router and still no net access. I have even tried connecting straight into the router.

Do not have a clue.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Sorted it

I downloaded AutoRuns and went through it and found myosprotect in there a few times. Deleted them all and it appears to have worked,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom