Bioshock 2

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Just spent the last 3 hours playing it. Im not 100% sure how i feel

Its great but i dunno, its not as good as the first one i dont think. I think being a big daddy ruins it, you dont feel as vulnerable as you do in the first one. Ryan was proper twisted in the first one, this time its all women

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i need to get round finishing first one, think alot of peeps are saying what your saying:/

Ono

Part of the furniture
Same here. Have original on PC and must have got about 15 mins in before giving up. Now have the sequel too.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Currently playing through the first, when I've done that I'll give this one a bash. What format people playing on (I'll be PC)...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Currently playing through the first, when I've done that I'll give this one a bash. What format people playing on (I'll be PC)...
I'd quite like to give it a go but the not so favourable RPS review and the EVIL BABY KILLING DRM is preventing me. I'll wait for a steam deal and removal of silly machine limits.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Steam deal for me too. See you in October :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i dont understand this whole i wont buy cause of DRM. Im not being oh my lord you lot are gayz! i mean i honestly dont understand it. What does it do? just limit the amount of machines you can put it on? i only have one PC and one laptop so it would never be a problem for me.

How does it cause problems for people? or is it just the principal?

Not trolling here i would just like to know

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Didn't they say they were scaling back the DRM for Bioshock 2 so it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the 1st/initial rumours suggested?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
do you think its as good as the first one? Big sisters are great but to be honest i was more scared of the big brothers walking slowly then charging at you

Aada

Part of the furniture
Same here. Have original on PC and must have got about 15 mins in before giving up. Now have the sequel too.

You quit 15mins into the first one then spend money on the second game?

Weird.

I have to say I was quite scared playing the first one it was very intense.

Bioshock 2 though feels different but I guess they couldn't really go back to the same character, however I'm still really enjoying Rapture all over again :) the multiplayer is pretty fucking garbage tbh dunno why they bothered really.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i played for 2 and a half hours then went back to cod

nath

Fledgling Freddie
i dont understand this whole i wont buy cause of DRM. Im not being oh my lord you lot are gayz

It's the principle really. It would take a while for the 5 machine limit to bother me, though if they kept it permanently then it would eventually (I do play my old games over and over). Ultimately I feel pretty pissed off that if I were to pay for the game I'd be getting an inferior product to the one that pirates can download. Incidentally the pirate version was cracked and available a day before the official release.

It's a simple consumer choice when it comes to the crunch, I can buy Bioshock 2 with its silly DRM and not exceptional gameplay or I can buy Mass Effect 2 with its disc check and much superior gameplay. Of course if Bioshock 2 had a simple disc check I'd probably buy both.

Didn't they say they were scaling back the DRM for Bioshock 2 so it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the 1st/initial rumours suggested?

Not as far as I can tell - the steam page claims 5 installs max.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
5 concurrent installs max you mean?

Who needs their game installed on more than 5 machines at the same time?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Probably no one, but I know that I'm never going to remember to run that system revoke tool before I change my PC. That's assuming there even is one. Shit, if this DRM works for them and results in more sales - more power to them, for me I'll wait until it's gone and the price is massively reduced. Their loss, not mine.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I tend to agree regarding the DRM. It doesn't actually work (in that it doesn't prevent the copyright theft) and only annoys the people who buy these games legitimately.

People who won't pay for it can easily get a hacked copy.

Back in the day I used to buy the CDROM versions of games then install a crack simply so I didn't have to keep the disc in the drive, even though I owned the games legitamitely.

I also don't like the intrusive nature of most DRMs as they install services that are not easy to remove unless your technical kung fu is strong.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
With good DRM though it makes life so so so much harder for hackers to crack the game, particularly if the manufacturer integrates hooks that only activate on cracked copies. Good DRM can prevent working full copies being released before game release date, bad or no DRM and the game is available for any chump before it's even been released. Given that the majority of games sell most of their copies around release time, a stringent DRM can be highly effective in ensuring the people who want your game will buy it, as there is not a fully working copy they can easily pirate.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
With good DRM though it makes life so so so much harder for hackers to crack the game, particularly if the manufacturer integrates hooks that only activate on cracked copies. Good DRM can prevent working full copies being released before game release date, bad or no DRM and the game is available for any chump before it's even been released. Given that the majority of games sell most of their copies around release time, a stringent DRM can be highly effective in ensuring the people who want your game will buy it, as there is not a fully working copy they can easily pirate.

Bioshock 2 was cracked and available on day of release on all formats.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Whelp if they find a solution that reduces piracy at/around release date then more power to them. I'll even buy it if said solution doesn't rub me the wrong way - Steam titles for example, I don't tend to have any problem with, otherwise I'm happy to go without/wait until the restrictions are loosened.

Incidentally, Batman Arkham Asylum had great copy protection as far as I recall, on the disc version it was simply a key and disc check and those who thought they pirated it successfully found that ol' Bats didn't fly so well.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

Wahahah. *Points, laughs*

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The vast majority of games are cracked within hours of release, if not before the release. DRM in its current form is a complete waste of time and money and just shows how bloody lazy the games industry is.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Whelp if they find a solution that reduces piracy at/around release date then more power to them. I'll even buy it if said solution doesn't rub me the wrong way - Steam titles for example, I don't tend to have any problem with, otherwise I'm happy to go without/wait until the restrictions are loosened.

I'm the opposite. I'll do anything ahead of Steam, DRM-wise. :D

Ono

Part of the furniture
You quit 15mins into the first one then spend money on the second game?

Weird.

I have to say I was quite scared playing the first one it was very intense.

Quit as in thought I would play it later but never did. Then got caught up in the hype for part 2.

I'm also only about 1 hour into Mass Effect and already have Mass Effect 2 ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Overhyped in all the reviews, they are all saying it is better and 99% of the players are saying it is worse. Who would you believe? Of course, not the fuckers who rely on the advertising revenue. ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
But Bioshock 1 (PC) took weeks to crack.

Crack maybe but I had it on 0-day and just used a hack to trick the DRM into thinking it was a legit copy. Many others did the same. The DRM totally failed, as they always inevitably do. In the end all they achieve is to piss off the paying customers or force them to use no-cd cracks.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Not really i think they piss hackers off more tbh. Most people who buy will buy a game and play it one machine and be oblivious to the problems downloaders go on about

EDIT: this made me chuckle sorry

n the end all they achieve is to piss off the paying customers or force them to use no-cd cracks.

Oh my God! i have only 2 PCs but i want to be able to play this on 10 PCs! thats it i just simply cannot buy this item, i'm being forced once again to download

Why dont you admit it you download it cause you dont want to pay, i do the same with movies, but at least i'm not trying to go all moral and think its cause the big guy is in it to get me and he's forcing me to download

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Actually usually it's about a 5 PC limit and speaking personally, it's not about wanting to play on more than that many machines at any one time but finding that somewhere down the line I'm not able to replay my game because those 5 machines have been used up. I also don't trust the developers/publishers to do right and release a patch/remove activation limits later. If they do, I'll buy it but I'm not going on faith.

Sparx said:
Why dont you admit it you download it cause you dont want to pay, i do the same with movies, but at least i'm not trying to go all moral and think its cause the big guy is in it to get me and he's forcing me to download

There are countless folk like that, but to dismiss paying customers who dislike DRM as pirates in hiding is just fucking stupid. I don't pirate games, I buy them - I like buying them, I won't if the DRM is silly.

Also, I don't see how it's annoying the hackers - I'm pretty sure they like a challenge, plus there's masses of kudos for the groups that crack a tough release and that's what they're doing it for. The people who end up downloading the game have no trouble at all as the end result is always pretty straightforward.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
You know what i mean you're just being pedantic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom