BG = Thid = Portalling problem

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
I am not able to portal to Thidranki now....did anyone else have this problem and if so, did they solve it?

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
I know many people who cant get into thidr.
some1 said apaprently its when they installed NF files from dl patch
they didnt have option to install to TOA folder.. which is where NF must be installed to.
known peeps on both SI and TOA patches which cant get in.

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you Lakashnik,,,,at least I know I am not alone. Hopefully, if is a bug in the game it will be fixed quickly.

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Just had a look at the mythic site,,,apparently there are problems with those using the SI log in even though they have downloaded the patch. They are working on it but no doubt this will take a while.

Dances With NOobs

Fledgling Freddie
How To fix this

Had the same problem, if u try walking out of DL into frontiers you get 'u do not meet the restrictions...' and if u try to port to bg u just stand on the pad.

I fixed this problem by installing the NF patch to my TOA dir instead of the camelot dir with the patcher suggests.

(Check where which dir ur shortcut points to and install to that dir, should help)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I know this might sound stupid, but I might as well ask just in case seeing as i've met three people who met with similar confusion.

But have you actually installed the New Frontier's expansion, found Here (270mb) - or did you just startup DAoC and download the patch (which isn't the expansion)?

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Duh,,,,that was not stupid Archeon,,,,I am. I did not realise there was an NF download. I will try that now, hopefully I have not made an error by doing it in reverse.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Lakashnik said:
my thidr kills im getting the same xp as before it seems :S:S
w00t :O

I got 3.3mil for a yellow-con SM on my scout, then just under 5mil for the next.. nearly 2.5bubs ;o

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
kaedrick2 said:
I am not able to portal to Thidranki now....did anyone else have this problem and if so, did they solve it?

I had the problem when i was playing on Gorre.

I solved mine by re-installing the Frontiers_toa.exe downloaded from daoc-europe.com (downloads section)

this may help on the live version too.

hemorragie

Fledgling Freddie
kaedrick2 said:

I went for a beer at my local pub after kicking the shit of my PC. :kissit:
Fooking patch to download.. 270 meg ;(

Hemorragie Retired
Hem Active Cute Fire wiz

Grayedd

Fledgling Freddie
I also can't get into RvR!! I also downloaded game patch b4 I downloaded 270 meg patch. Please tell me there is a simple cure or am I gonna have to uninstall DAoC and re-install which is gonna be a nightmare as 270 meg patch took 4 hours to download even though I am on broadband :(

Grayedd

Fledgling Freddie
OK I have now uninstalled ToA - removed the folder from my hard drive completely and re-installed everything the right way round and I still can't port lower toons to BG or enter RvR with my 50 - does anyone have ant other thoughts on what I could do? :mad:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Are you installing the nf exe file to the right directory? You should point it to you /toa directory and install there (ex. C:/program/toa ). It sounds as if your just not installing it to the right place.

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Lakashnik said:
my thidr kills im getting the same xp as before it seems :S:S
stop leeching and start soloing and you will see a big increase in exp

Grayedd

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I am saving it to my ToA folder - oh well let's see how long it takes for Rightnow to reply

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Thid owns, loads of xp for kills :p

Thanks for that, im sure the original thread starter will hate for you for being a plonker and being off the topic of the subject, considering he can't get to thid in the first place. He doesn't need to haer things like thid owns, if he can't get there to play. Use your head.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Formash said:
Thanks for that, im sure the original thread starter will hate for you for being a plonker and being off the topic of the subject, considering he can't get to thid in the first place. He doesn't need to haer things like thid owns, if he can't get there to play. Use your head.

It might encourage him to not give up the patching etc. aswell since he heard thid owns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom