BF: Vietnam Hands-On

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
AA missiles: good
BF52: err, not convinced.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sounds and looks good, I would expect the gameplay to be like BF1942. B52 will bring some lovely Dr. Strangelove moments :)

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
I'm hoping they don't manage to totally destroy the balance of the game. With the exception of a few maps most games come down to the skill and tactics of the teams.

However, I'm not holding out too much hope, both of the expansions were pretty bad; R2R being extremely generic and SW a horrible gimmick fest, maybe bf42 was nothing more than a fluke. Fingers crossed it won't be.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
On a slightly related note, the FAQ is up for BF:V

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/faq.jsp#

Having actually read the FAQ now, I can seem some very funkey little additions. The main one being the 'Expanded Conquest Mode'. For those not wanting to read it, or can't be arsed, this is what it says;

Expanded Conquest Mode - We expanded the conquest idea by implementing a mode called evolution. This is where a map begins as it would normally, but at the end of the battle the map’s alternate loads up. The scores, the team, and the player from the previous map are added to the new map and play resumes. Basically a team must ensure a close battle in one map if they hope to win the second. If you get blown away in the first map you'll have a hard hill to climb in order to win the second.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye, its always been a problem but then you get more fun with clan games in BF (I do anyways). The new gametype will add a certain twist to the clan matches :D

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Q: What other gameplay additions and improvements from Battlefield 1942 will be found in Battlefield Vietnam?
A: There is a timer for the flag change so the player knows how long it will take. Also, the more teammates you have at the flag the faster it can be taken. The team is immediately informed if a flag is threatened with capture so they can react to it or at the very least be aware of the enemy. We’ve also implemented a 3D map function so the player can more easily identify where control points are or even locate teammates faster.

Oh dear, bye bye stealthy caps.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/home.jsp

Just launced on the official site is BFV:Radio. If you click the little radio picture on the top left corner you can play the songs that *should* be included in the game as a soundtrack. It should also be the songs that you can play in vehicles.

Have a listen.

And remember - WAR - HUH - WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR!?

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Ha!

That's fantastic, although it needs more Bear Witness by Dr Octogon so I can emulate scenes from Buffalo Soldiers.

DaGaffer

Yay! "Nowhere to run" - Martha and The Vandelas - would have been a tragedy if this hadn't been included. Needs lots of Motown and i hope the Doors and The Stones are in it.

DaGaffer

Scooba da Bass said:
Apparently you'll be able to add your own mp3s, which sounds very nice.

Cool. *Hunts down 'ride of The Valkyries for that 'Apocolypse Now' vibe*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom