beta's out

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Whilst in your mind you think that as far as those picking the beta testers it is irrelevant. Think about it, if they invited on a first come first serve basis no one would sign up for beta and they wouldn't have over 500k bragging rights.

The only fair way to do it is random selection, by joining early you do get a benefit and that's more chances to be selected. Whilst they are sending out several thousand new beta slots with such a big pool to choose from you still only have a 1 in 70 ish chance of getting in.

So as I already mentioned just be happy for those that get in and just keep following the game, eventually you will get to play it.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Does anybody seriously think that the staff at GOA have the time, inclination or even ability to track how often anyone visits fansites and then factor that into the beta invite selection process? I've seen the whole "visiting the fan sites regularly to get a better chance of beta" thing quite a bit now. I know we are desperate guys but tbh keeping your fingers crossed is as good as anything.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Not saying GOA should or could look at everything like fansite activness, im just saying ppl that have followed it for ages on fansites etc are more deserving.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
They're certainly more likely to contribute to the beta process I would think. You are ofc correct imho, some people are more deserving in that sense but the random number generator at GOA won't be aware of the intentions of the people who get the invites. I wonder how places are "wasted"? Discuss wasted...

Didn't Iain say that this latest round would be sent after assessing the healthiness of the current beta pool? That implies there are not enough testers and/or a good few of those who are playing are just "playing" and not "testing".

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I imagine a great many of those in beta testers aren't actually testing the game in any purposeful manner. However I imagine they are all hitting the submit bug button when they come across one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom