beta's out

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
So more beta's are out today/tonight (6/7th) depending on the part of the world your in....

Wonder if these beta' invites are just for the US or EU as well :touch:

Iain ?

EDIT: Blah, NM, seems this beta wave was just for N.A. only... typical tbh. give beta to the least educated population of the world.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Well, GOA is supposed to organise the beta wave in Europe I suppose...so indeed: Iain?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The news on the Herald is just for US beta invites as Mythic don't have anything to do with Euro invites. We've done a few invites recently (some competition winners and buddy pass winners mostly) and we'll be looking at whether we need to invite another big wave or not when the current beta testers are back on the servers. We have a differently sized beta pool to Mythic as we're doing 5 betas at once (one for each language) so our invites aren't usually scheduled to match theirs.

If there is a major Euro invite wave then we'll put news on the website and spam it all over the usual community forums.

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
some competition winners and buddy pass winners mostly

So this means that not only did people already in Beta get to invite friends in before competition winners, promised slots in the first wave, but some invites went out to random people over competition winners promised slots in the first wave?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I know it's frustrating, but I hope we'll get our invite soon. I have a beta slot since July last year... still waiting for the actual invite...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
So this means that not only did people already in Beta get to invite friends in before competition winners, promised slots in the first wave, but some invites went out to random people over competition winners promised slots in the first wave?

I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion as it's pretty much the opposite of what I said. Where do I mention inviting 'random people'? How does 'we invited competition winners' mean we are overlooking competition winners?

In any case, nobody has been promised a beta spot in the first wave. Neither we nor Mythic have ever been able to guarantee when a particular beta applicant or contest winner will receive an invite. There are many criteria that we use to select beta invitees and if you do not meet them, then you won't get your invite until you do.

We went through the list of all the contest winners and invited all of the ones that meet the current eligibility requirements. If you won a contest but haven't had an invite yet then it simply means you don't meet those requirements at the moment. It doesn't mean you were deceived somehow.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
There are many criteria that we use to select beta invitees and if you do not meet them, then you won't get your invite until you do.

I suppose at this moment, since beta is probably still not "propperly coded", the requirement is having a top-notch bulky pc. Although this might be just what I think, if it's true, then not saying it is cruel; I'm waiting on a beta spot with absolutely no chance of coming in for...like...until the "almost open beta" probably; but that'll be somewhere in August or September at this rate. If you could just be honest with me, I could just go get into on another game until beta. Because so far I didn't get another MMO, because "I'm waiting on beta"; open beta can come at any time...heck, release of WAR can come at any time.

Basically what I'm saying is, yes I'm feeling deceived by you. That means EA Mythic, GOA, and yes, you too Iain 'Requiel' Compton.

rynnor

Rockhound
Basically what I'm saying is, yes I'm feeling deceived by you. That means EA Mythic, GOA, and yes, you too Iain 'Requiel' Compton.

That seems a bit unfair - you have never been promised a slot in beta just from applying - they have been saying from the start there will be no open beta for the masses.

You could be right about the hi spec only stage at the moment but then even if you did have that spec you still would most likely not get a spot with the number of applicants in beta.

Just relax n wait :)

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion as it's pretty much the opposite of what I said. Where do I mention inviting 'random people'? How does 'we invited competition winners' mean we are overlooking competition winners?

In any case, nobody has been promised a beta spot in the first wave. Neither we nor Mythic have ever been able to guarantee when a particular beta applicant or contest winner will receive an invite. There are many criteria that we use to select beta invitees and if you do not meet them, then you won't get your invite until you do.

We went through the list of all the contest winners and invited all of the ones that meet the current eligibility requirements. If you won a contest but haven't had an invite yet then it simply means you don't meet those requirements at the moment. It doesn't mean you were deceived somehow.

1. MOSTLY comp winners and buddy pass, means that some were not either.

2. If you have won a contest, or attended an event and received an invitation there during or before the downtime you will be invited in the first wave if you are eligible.

3. I feel this "Eligibility" is nothing more than a get out clause that cant be argued against because we don't have the secret beta info. I personally can't think of one obvious reason why I wouldn't be eligible. But I could just be getting paranoid.

4. I Don't feel deceived. I'd just like some clear lines of communication.

Anyway thanks for your time and reply.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
I would have liked to thought that lower end spec PC's might be first, as if you can get a smooth running game there then you have a smooth running game on the beast-spec PCs.

maybe my logic is messed up ?

Clearly we would all love to get into beta, but i honestly think that the fact they are being so selective/secret about who gets into beta, and at the same time, releasing next to no info about the game itself, is peeing most people off.
players, and guilds alike are struggling to get themselves ready, This day and age, guilds like to plan their group setups and possibly end game loadouts before they even get into retail.

I do believe that more guild invites should be priority over single beta invites tbh. you more likely to try power gaming, raids, group setups, guild features etc with them.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
I would have liked to thought that lower end spec PC's might be first, as if you can get a smooth running game there then you have a smooth running game on the beast-spec PCs.

Yes, they don't use bulky machines at game shows for nothing; and they say they need bulky machines because the code isn't perfected yet. So if you'd give beta spots to people where the game might not run smoothly, people will get irritated by it. Some might even break NDA, others just lose interest in WAR and will not buy it in the future. It might also provide some bad mouth-to-mouth: "I was in WAR beta, but the game ran like crap."

Or just imagine some other reason for it.

I know I'm not the only one waiting on a beta spot and invite, but if my chance is 0 to begin with, yes I'm being deceived.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
1. MOSTLY comp winners and buddy pass, means that some were not either.

2. If you have won a contest, or attended an event and received an invitation there during or before the downtime you will be invited in the first wave if you are eligible.

3. I feel this "Eligibility" is nothing more than a get out clause that cant be argued against because we don't have the secret beta info. I personally can't think of one obvious reason why I wouldn't be eligible. But I could just be getting paranoid.

4. I Don't feel deceived. I'd just like some clear lines of communication.

Anyway thanks for your time and reply.

Seems right to me.

Still though James ain't on the GoA team if Im right, routines differ GoA <--> Mythic EA.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
and at the same time, releasing next to no info about the game itself, is peeing most people off.

Thats just pure BS dude.
Theres soo much info out about this game comparing to other mmos in development.

Just browse around the big forums, can't expect everything to show up on the warhammeronline.com site with a big flashy "Complete List Of Everything" button.

rynnor

Rockhound

Yep - it works the other way around because the code starts off un-optimised which means you require a very good pc at the start of beta and then a lower spec as it progresses.

Clearly we would all love to get into beta, but i honestly think that the fact they are being so selective/secret about who gets into beta, and at the same time, releasing next to no info about the game itself, is peeing most people off.

Why? Every MMO has a NDA - some didnt enforce it very well in the past but Mythic seem to be doing well - its not exactly silence out there - you have podcasts etc. on how the game is moving along?

players, and guilds alike are struggling to get themselves ready, This day and age, guilds like to plan their group setups and possibly end game loadouts before they even get into retail.

Lol - that is sad - so they can exclude non-l33t classes before the games even started :p It would be a foolish guild to think that what works in beta will work in retail (at least for any length of time).

Just get some healers, some tanks and some casters and you'll be fine :p

I do believe that more guild invites should be priority over single beta invites tbh. you more likely to try power gaming, raids, group setups, guild features etc with them.

Lol - this reads to me as "I have a guild invite, let me in I'm important :p"

The actual guild system will not be a high priority so I doubt you'll get a particularly early invite based on that - as for the rest I think most people in beta will be grouping etc and your also prioritising your style of play above others such as soloing.

rynnor

Rockhound
I know I'm not the only one waiting on a beta spot and invite, but if my chance is 0 to begin with, yes I'm being deceived.

I doubt its 0 but it is just a chance - unless youve won a competition you'll most likely not get in due to the mass number of applicants but hey - you havent paid anything for the chance - its a free lottery :)

When you buy a lottery ticket do you expect to win?

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
Seems right to me.

Still though James ain't on the GoA team if Im right, routines differ GoA <--> Mythic EA.

Yeah I agree the two are separate entities, and I understand the very different nature of GOA's beta. But surely it isn't hard to post somewhere:

"Hey guys, some beta invites went out today, some comp winners, some buddy passes and a few random, that met the criteria, gratz to the lucky ones, everyone keep an aye on your inbox more to come soon."

It take next to no time and stops all this bitterness. EA/Mythic put up info on the 1st Feb and 6th Feb, two waves of invites, a smaller then a larger wave. We have to ask on a dead forum, and get met with hostility for our trouble.

rynnor

Rockhound
It take next to no time and stops all this bitterness. EA/Mythic put up info on the 1st Feb and 6th Feb, two waves of invites, a smaller then a larger wave. We have to ask on a dead forum, and get met with hostility for our trouble.

IanC answered you (At 1 AM lol!) :

"The news on the Herald is just for US beta invites as Mythic don't have anything to do with Euro invites. We've done a few invites recently (some competition winners and buddy pass winners mostly) and we'll be looking at whether we need to invite another big wave or not when the current beta testers are back on the servers. We have a differently sized beta pool to Mythic as we're doing 5 betas at once (one for each language) so our invites aren't usually scheduled to match theirs.

If there is a major Euro invite wave then we'll put news on the website and spam it all over the usual community forums."

So I dont see what your so bitter about? If you just want to spout off about how unfair it is that you personally dont have a beta invite then dont expect a lot of sympathy :p

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
So I dont see what your so bitter about? If you just want to spout off about how unfair it is that you personally dont have a beta invite then dont expect a lot of sympathy :p

1. I'm not bitter but a lot of people on other large community forums are.

2. I have a Beta slot from a competition I won I'm just waiting to be "eligible".

3. I'm not expecting sympathy just Information, which I've got now, so I'm happy enough to wait my turn.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
rynnor stiring up trouble i guess....

Lol - this reads to me as "I have a guild invite, let me in I'm important :p"
1. learn to read.
2. learn to write cause what you wrote there doesnt make any sense what so ever.
3. fact is, with NDA in place, you can hold entire guild responsible if one person leaks out info. it offers more control. fact is, i only have a single player beta app in, not guild one. fact is your just stir up trouble as normal.

Lol - that is sad - so they can exclude non-l33t classes before the games even started :p It would be a foolish guild to think that what works in beta will work in retail (at least for any length of time).

Just get some healers, some tanks and some casters and you'll be fine :p
Actually whats sad is that you think there is going to be existing "non-l33t" classes in the game. your opinion of sad should be kept to yourself before you start judging other people on your own standards.

Why? Every MMO has a NDA - some didnt enforce it very well in the past but Mythic seem to be doing well - its not exactly silence out there - you have podcasts etc. on how the game is moving along?
when did i ever say that every MMO didnt use NDA or about the quality of how well it was enforced. i simple stated that its frustrating people that information is short coming, like certain chairs (blackguard for example) have been announced, but no information is being confirmed on them, yet other chars had info on websites as soon as they were announced.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie

often hostility normally comes from people who are very defensive in their lives, feeling inadequate. or just people trying to stir up trouble and look big.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
No-one has a right to be in the beta, GOA can select who they want and when they want, remember you are not a paying customer at this stage.

Grimness

Fledgling Freddie
seems like the warherald is inviting a lot more people today..too bad it`s US only.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Just be happy for those that get in, no one person is more deserving than another.

It does show that the PR machine is working though as there seem to be a number of people desperate to play the game.

:england:

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Just be happy for those that get in, no one person is more deserving than another.

Sum1 thats followed the game for months and goes to fan sites dayly (Like me) is more deserving than sum1 that signed up yesterday. :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom