Bestest biscuits in the world!

J

Jonaldo

I'm sat here munching on a pack of Garibaldis while watching GB be shit in the Davis cup as ever and I started wondering to myself "what are my favourite biscuits" as I'm sure you all have done at some moment in your life.

I then went through various options.

Digestives?
Choccy Digs?
Bourbon (maybe!)
Hob Nobs (not a huge fan I'm sorry)
Rich Tea..
Garibaldis..
Oreos even?

Anyways, I put it to you, the Game.net Barrysworld forumites..

What are the best biscuits out there?

W

Will

Jaffa Cakes. So many ways to eat them. Mmmnnnnnn.

D

Deadmanwalking

Bourbon!!

Or jaffa cakes, chocolate hobnobs, rich tea and hot chocolate :)D)

:(

M

Mr.Monkey

No contest:

Those little pink wafer things with the pink goo inside.

Full of chemical delights!

S

Shocko

Custard creams, but only because i've stopped eating chocolate...

D

Deadmanwalking

Damn it i knew i forgot a few... custard creams, fig rolls and those little ice gems??

X

xane

Any choccy biccie, especially choccy hob-nobs.

A good archive of biscuit reviews here

G

gremlin

I recommend the chocolate hobnob flapjacks by mcvities - they're rather tasty.

J

Jonaldo

Do Asda fresh baked giant cookies count as biscuits?

S

scooby-doo

ive been revived with the powah of chocolate :)

M

mank

Originally posted by scooby-doo
tunnocks caramel wafers.

fucking hell! When I were a wee(er) lad I used to go round my Nan's on a Sunday morning and I'd have a glass of lemonade and a tunnocks caramel wafer. Wow, I've not had one for years and that's just back the memory.

I think I'll go round my Nan's and demand some later :D

Also Chocolate Hob-nobs fucking own you, your family, your house and your pet goldfish.

S

scooby-doo

Originally posted by mank
fucking hell! When I were a wee(er) lad I used to go round my Nan's on a Sunday morning and I'd have a glass of lemonade and a tunnocks caramel wafer. Wow, I've not had one for years and that's just back the memory.

I think I'll go round my Nan's and demand some pet goldfish coated in chocolate

B

Bym

However good they are, I don't do hobnobs. I find them cringeworthy - akin to biting wool, or pulling cotton balls apart.

Love those biccies with pink and white marshmallow one them, with jam in the middle, covered with coconut. Mmmmmmm...

M

mank

Coconut = teh l0s3. ;<

Digestives are good for coffee though.

J

Jonaldo

What about all those fancy ones you get in Christmas tins?
Most are shite but I've a fondness for Brandy Snaps.

J

Jonny_Darko

What are those ones that are made out of the same stuff as cornetto cones? They're as long as your finger and tubular with quite a large hole through the middle. Sometimes there is a variation which has some sort of praline cream or something in it.

They're good 'uns.

I also had a lot of repect fo the Bounty Bisc & for a while but I got bored of that.

Glad someone mentioned pink wafers, even if I don't know what the heck they are.

Trios and Clubs obviously also deserve a mention.

J

Jonny_Darko

I also don't get this fascination with Chocolate Hobnobs. Or standard hobnobs. I hate pulling bits of biscuit out of my teeth for the rest of the day.

Oooh, and a thumbs up to the humble bourbon or custard cream - only when dipped in tea though.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
What are those ones that are made out of the same stuff as cornetto cones? They're as long as your finger and tubular with quite a large hole through the middle. Sometimes there is a variation which has some sort of praline cream or something in it.
Those are the Brandy Snaps I mentioned in the above post :)

J

Jonaldo

No mention of Ginger biscuits yet. No-one a fan?

J

Jonny_Darko

No, Brandy snaps are different...but also very good.

They're possibly (tthough possibly not) Viennese something... (though not whirls).

Oh, oh...Animal crackers, the aforementioned Midget Gems and Jacob's Mikados also all rock.

J

Jonny_Darko

They're crunchier than brandy snaps, and sometimes they've been coated in chocolate up to half way up...

Someone must know!

M

mank

Jonny, you've gone mad after that anaphylactic shock!

S

SilverHood

Nice biscuits take the biscut.... erm, I mean

they're nice

:D

T

Tom

In the states you can buy these funny shaped biscuits that taste like peanuts, they're very nice indeedy.

I also do not understnad the hobnob thing. They have a texture similar to the one left in the toilet bowl after eating a half pound bag of salted peanuts.

Users who are viewing this thread