Best way to clean a tft?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Serious question...

I have no idea and dont want to damage the screen.

My suggestion is a baby wipe...that should work quite well.

:confused:

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Should work, but you can buy special TFT cleaning wipes in most computer stores (including PC World).

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
i tried alcohol spray once

as the screen is warm, unlike a crt, it evaporated before i could get the cloth to it :/

i think i gave the cloth a good dousing first after that, but the word on the street is that this can damage them

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Just a soft bloody sponge with some washing up liquid on and very, VERY little water. By the time you have wiped your screen and gone to rinse your sponge and got back, ready to 'rinse' the thing, the water should've half evaporated.

Very little washing up liquid, very little water with that, and very little water to rinse. Wipe gently in a circular motion. Dry in the same manner. Here endeth the lesson.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Mazling said:
Just a soft bloody sponge ....

A bloody sponge?
I'm not sure I know where to get bloody to wipe my screen with...doesnt it make a mess?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Vinegar and bog roll. Works very very well on car windscreens.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
While we're on the subject, is this the best way to clean Sony X-black screens too? I've had this lappy for about 6 months and haven't dared clean the screen yet but I just noticed it's getting a bit grimey.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Yes luv, use the proper wipes.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
OK, from now on I'm going to wipe properly just like Trem.

(over/under, front to back... <insert wiping joke here>)

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
caLLous said:
While we're on the subject, is this the best way to clean Sony X-black screens too? I've had this lappy for about 6 months and haven't dared clean the screen yet but I just noticed it's getting a bit grimey.

I have a 40X tv...a very cool lcd, imo :m00:

I clean mine dry first using a static cloth...the ones my wife buys - one use disposables - you can use them on brooms to clean the floor - I use an air canister for the nooks and corners - if the kids have spat, smeared, exuded onto the screen surface, I use a little clean water on a static cloth

if all else fails, I use a very dilute solution of stardrops & copious water

I use the same very anal approach for cleaning my car dash and inner windows

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I use lcd cleaning spray and sponge which i bought from virgin for £5, alpha something is the name of the company that makes it, works a treat :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
hey
why
dont
you
fuck
off
and
do
something
i cant
name
you
dick
head

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
smurkin said:
I use the same very anal approach for cleaning my car dash and inner windows

I find it very hard to get into that position in my car. Although its easier with the sun-roof open.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of alcohol on a rag works for me. Don't see why it would damage it TBH - alcohol is a pretty standard chemical for cleaning electronics. Not sure I'd go with vinegar, TFTs aren't glass after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom