Best Tank/Gank grp in game all realms

T

tildson

Originally posted by Pandemic
well thats stupid as ur getting a half ogre.
dont tell me u think a highlander armsmen should = troll and half ogre > troll in damage

rofl

compare a highlander armsmen specced 50/50 in polearm to a norsman warrior specced 50 in sword. now who does most damage 2 handed ? armsmen by a long way. armsmen also get plate, soldiers barricade, anytime snare style with med end, dam and hit.

so in addition to these huge advantages over the norseman warrior you also want to get the full 50 spec in shield, switch to 1h/2h

rofl

That's ONLY due to the Armsman's access to 6.0 weapons. Get yourself a 5.7spd and roll a troll, with the lower quickness, +30 more strenght and extra WS Warriors got, it'll even out. Also, Armsmen need to spend twice the amount of point, just to be able to use 1h/2h - warriors only need to spend 50pts which make them very versatile in offense and defense.

Plate is nice no doubt. Anytime snare? Sure, lasts until next guy hits it, not as good as you'd think.

SB is good, i agree.

Warriors swordline is better than Polearm, Ragna > all.

Warriors arent as bad as u describe them as, they are really good. Armsmen are nice, but a merc is better - and since paladin is guarder, there is no such room for a defensive armsman. The Armsman will get love from Mythic very soon, no doubt. Warriors won't, and there's a reason for it.

J

Jiggs

i trust chuffy more than pandemic, mainly since he has both of the classes hes talking about at level 50..

2100 weaponskill on a low rr troll is nuts :/ considering gunz has just over 2000 and hes rr10..

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by tildson
That's ONLY due to the Armsman's access to 6.0 weapons. Get yourself a 5.7spd and roll a troll, with the lower quickness, +30 more strenght and extra WS Warriors got, it'll even out. Also, Armsmen need to spend twice the amount of point, just to be able to use 1h/2h - warriors only need to spend 50pts which make them very versatile in offense and defense.

Plate is nice no doubt. Anytime snare? Sure, lasts until next guy hits it, not as good as you'd think.

SB is good, i agree.

Warriors swordline is better than Polearm, Ragna > all.

Warriors arent as bad as u describe them as, they are really good. Armsmen are nice, but a merc is better - and since paladin is guarder, there is no such room for a defensive armsman. The Armsman will get love from Mythic very soon, no doubt. Warriors won't, and there's a reason for it.

mmm missing my point there i was saying that you shouldnt be saying an armsmen must do the same damage as a troll warrior. your getting a half ogre armsmen that will do more damage than the current armsmen in the expansion.

yes a troll warrior specced like that might well be doing the same damage as a 50/50 specced armsmen. and thats wrong the armsman should be doing less. then the half ogre armsman would do the same as the troll warrior.

although what i expect to happen is the half ogre armsmen specced 50/50 with a 6.0 spd polearm, with plate and soldiers barricade will outdamage the troll warrior and be able to take more damage

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by Jiggs
i trust chuffy more than pandemic, mainly since he has both of the classes hes talking about at level 50..

2100 weaponskill on a low rr troll is nuts :/ considering gunz has just over 2000 and hes rr10..

i am rr8 at 2199 ws. at rr10 i will be 2225 so about +200 over gunz.

not sure what the problem with that is. ur saying what that the ws should be the same, the damage should be the same and armsmen should be allowed to spec as the warrior can.

so when introducing the half-ogre he will outdamage anyone else ? or are u saying u want the half-ogre to do the same damage as the highlander ?

you cant give the armsmen highlander the same ws, damage, ability to spec as the troll warrior, and make no changes to the warrior. in a 1vs 1 fight the armsmen would be unlikely to lose then due to plate and soldiers barricade which the warrior would not have. add the half ogre armsman which would then do more damage and you've got a sure winner vs any warrior

S

shadowz

Mid group
3healers (44p/31m 40m/36p 39m/37 aug)
2 det tanks (savage , savage or savage , zerk (pf))
1 warrior (guard vs melee groups assist vs caster groups)
1 shaman (buffs end disease root interrupts)
1 skald (speed good frontload dmg)

Hib group
1 bard (speed end regen cc)
3 druids (40reg/36nat 40 reg/36 nat 39reg/37nur)
1mana eld (disease str/con debuff standing inside druids and pbae etc)
2bms (dmg dealers)
1 s/s hero (guarding vs melee groups assisting vs caster groups)

Important to rezz bard and eld asap so they can give end / recast disease etc

Alb group
2 cleric (1 40 rej /36 aug 1 40 rej 36 smite)
1 paladin (guardbot vs melee groups , end , fh , resist chants , etc assist vs caster groups)
2 mercs (dmg dealers)
1theurg ( nukes , dmg adds , haste , interrupts , pet spam . pbt)
1 sorc (str con debuff ae mezz ae root pet)
1 minstrel (assists cure mez speed SoS interrupts dds)

Imo these groups are pretty even to each others , teamplay , ras , is the biggest factors in fights between those groups . not overpoweredness.
Mid have 3 classes with SH Hib aswell , Albs only have 2 with sh , but 2x bof and a pala with grp instant.
Mids have 3 in assist train. Hibs have 2 in assist train. + 1 pbae char that can be replaced with a 3rd bm Albs have 3 + a nuker in assist train.
Albs dont have disease. Mids dont have str/con debuff . Mids dont have any mezz invulnerable group ra:s .

S

Stallion-

got a verry neat grp up atm: 2 bards, 3 druids, 3x bms,

S

shadowz

stallion wouldn't it be better with a mana eld instead of 2x bards ? since bard can be rezzed and then give end , :D and str/con debuff + disease is kinda useful imo.

T

tildson

Nevermind the eldritch, str/con-debuff doesnt do THAT much to savages/mercs since they are usually h2h or thrust.

3-4bm's(or switch bard for bm), 2druids, 1bard, 1 s/s hero is devastating sometimes =)

M

mirak_naijmi

What about:

2pac healer

6 2h savages

Camp an mg so you dont need to move since we dont have skald speed in this group. Mez/stun everything you can and we dont need heals cause savages are so uber so whatever comes they will kill it before mezz/stun wears out.

K

K0nah

8x 2h healers imo

150% run speed buff, ae stun, ae mezz, root, 11dps dmg add, 8xpr, 8xgrp insta, 8xinsta, 11dps dmg shield, 20% conc based haste, aoe amnesia, 8x curemezz, mana crack5, 24% cc/pb resist buffs, attack speed debuff abuse x8...

norsebabes on offence cos of thier naturally higher str and dazzling good looks, dorfs on def/support.

could work u know... ;)

and even if it didnt, man it would be a looooong fight :m00:

G

Gregstah

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Chuffy
Troll warrior does more damage than polearms.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://koti.mbnet.fi/cyrus/images/misc10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom