Best sweets ever?

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Just had one of those conversations about 'when we were kids' with a mate and it led to us discussing, at length and sometimes heated, our favourite sweets from the corner shop.

So I put it to the forums, what are the beset sweets ever?

Personally I'm thinking of going for Cola cubes or fizzy cola bottles, but then I also liked those pink shrimp thing type sweets also... too many to decide from :(

I hated aniseed and liquorice which is what most of our disagreements stemmed from :) Cough candy should be banned!

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
cola bottles covered in sugar... yum...

Also those saucer shaped sweets with sherbet in the middle? About the size of a 2p piece, forgotten the name :mad:

pez

Can't get enough of FH
i think my vote is fairly obvious

ScoobyDoo{KEA}

Fledgling Freddie
SAS said:
cola bottles covered in sugar... yum...

Also those saucer shaped sweets with sherbet in the middle? About the size of a 2p piece, forgotten the name :mad:

flying saucers m8.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Flying saucers are the créme de la créme of the sweet world.

saucers.jpg

Taaaasty!

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
tRoG said:
Flying saucers are the créme de la créme of the sweet world.

saucers.jpg

Taaaasty!
Did you just munch them from the start or let the papery bit dissolve and have all the sherbert inside come out?

Also.. pear drops, sometimes I liked them, sometimes I couldn't stand to be within ten feet of them, strange flavour. Mood sweets maybe?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
anything along the boiled sweets route (meaning chupa cupps lollies as well). The sweets shaped like strawberries.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I quite liked Jelly Tots or those long red string things with all the sugar on them.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm sorry, you're all totally wrong. The answer is Blackcurrant and Liquorice sweets.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Those little plastic coffins you got with candy bones in. Also cough candy twists and those white chocolate buttons with hundreds and thousands on.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Jonaldo said:
Did you just munch them from the start or let the papery bit dissolve and have all the sherbert inside come out?

Sometimes I bit off the end, poured all the sherbert into my mouth, yummied it all up, then ate the papery stuff.

Sometimes I peeled off the top layer of papery stuff, licked the sherbert out, and then ate the papery bit.

Sometimes I stuck the whole lot on my tongue and let it dissolve into a gooey lump of tastiness.

Sometimes I bit a wee hole in the top and breathed in all the sherbert - It makes you feel as if you're on a high. Or, at least, it does when you're eight years old.

Sometimes I just bit big lumps out of them and cried out with joy as the delicious sherbert made my tongue go all tingly.

Such is the joy of the flying saucer.

... How do you eat yours?

JBP|

Part of the furniture
gotta go for spangles with sherbert dib dabs comming a very close second

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
What about that space candy stuff you could get that crackled as you put it in your mouth?

And all those primary school urban legends about kids who poured whole packets at once, swallowed it straight away and their stomachs exploded! (or something like that, primary school si quite a few years ago now :( )

Hubba Bubba bubblegums were great but they lost their flavour after about 15 seconds :(

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:
Fizz wizz Jonaldo?
Can't remember the exact name of it, it just kind of exploded when you put it in your mouth. Probably contained Potassium or something :D

babs

Can't get enough of FH
The antiseptic tasting bubblegum you got with garbage pail kids.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Those liquorice loop things, or sherbert with the liquorice dipping thing.

I liked liquorice ;)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
To all those who said cola bottles, you do know that if you make an order from Firebox.com they send you a little packet?

I made a big order for Christmas and got a whole load more, swizzles lollies, fizzers love hearts etc :)

RB

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
original space dust (the stuff they banned) / flying saucers / sherbet dib dabs / love hearts / white chocolate mice

however NOT

Parma violets / aniseed balls / liquorice

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Liquorice sweets were satans offspring. Blurgh. THE WHITE CHOCOLATE MICE! I loved them because of the bit of string coming out of its arse. great fun. Twirly-Whirlys were great but they're too thin. Flying saucers were delicious but the outside bit tasted like cardboard and stuck to the roof of your mouth. Strawberry laces were very nice indeed. However my all time favourite had to be Bon Bons. sooooo nice. I miss 20p pick n mix stuff. Now it costs a fortune :( anyone remembered those heart shpade sweets that had different phrases printed on them? and those twinkys? the biscuit with that nice coloured thing on them. mmmm.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Its a sweet and hours of fun too, and possibly a deadly weapon... nuff said

Attachments

• pez.jpg
    pez.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 8
  • pez2.jpg
    pez2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 6
  • thor-pez.jpg
    thor-pez.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 6

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Jonaldo said:
Can't remember the exact name of it, it just kind of exploded when you put it in your mouth. Probably contained Potassium or something :D

That stuff always amazed me. I remember feeding it to my dog once - he went mad and started running around in a circle yelping, "Arooooophoorooo!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom