Best sweets ever?

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Erm

Has everyone forgot Wagon Wheels. Helllllooooooooo ???????????????????

FFS when they were the size of bin lids they kicked Ass

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Curly Wurlys were miles bigger than Wagon Wheels, if I remember correctly, they were at least 2 feet long when I was a lad (20+ years ago :()

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Curly Wurlies with the jokes printed on the side

DanZman

Fledgling Freddie
Bag of Rainbow sherbert with any ols lolly to dip in it, last you all day I tell ya.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
Curly Wurlys were miles bigger than Wagon Wheels, if I remember correctly, they were at least 2 feet long when I was a lad (20+ years ago :()
Curly Wurrlies ???

Jeez Tom Premature Dementia is getting the better of you .

They were the spawn of the devils poop shoot

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I quite liked the refresher chews, also liked refreshers but the chews they made were better.

Was never a fan of mojo, blackjacks or fruit salad as they were always rock hard and cracked instead of chewed :eek:

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't really like any of the real 'sweetie' bars, or chews (The refreshers one, for example), not because of the taste, but because I found it absolutely impossible to take the packet off without getting bits of it stuck to the bar.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
oh god refreshers. How could i forget them. Ruined my teeth chewing on those over the years :(

babs

Can't get enough of FH
10p wham and highland toffee bars from the school tuck shop.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i have a few all time favs -
1) beer-shandy flavoured cola bottle thingys (think these are banned now)
2) blue and pink fizzy cola bottle thingys
3) wham bars
4) white buttons with 100s + 1000s on

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
babs said:
10p wham and highland toffee bars from the school tuck shop.
WHAM! wow i remember those! one of them took one of my fillings out...

but they were so nice i had to eat more.

also that popping space dust shit, pear drops (yum tbh), fruit salad, and i used to get 1p chewing gum golf balls and 2p chewing gum eyes. and those jelly snakes with the nice underneaths.mmmm

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ash said:
Curly Wurrlies ???

Jeez Tom Premature Dementia is getting the better of you .

They were the spawn of the devils poop shoot

I bet you were one of those weird kids that liked Sasparella sweets, or maybe even ate fiery gobstoppers!

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Oh shit, I had forgotten "Old Jamaica Tobacca" -shredded cocconut

ManDevil

One of Freddy's beloved
Refreshers and fizzy cola bottles get my vote. Wagon wheels - puh horrible.....

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Arrgh, so many to choose:

Refreshers are mega, as are fizzy cola bottles. I've always had a thing for Fruit Pastels too.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Cola Cubes, Fruit Salad (you have to suck on them for a while so they become chewy.. duh) and the Irn Bru version of Wham Bars.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
You can still buy pretty much everything everyone has mentioned so far HERE :clap:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Opal Fruits or Cola Bottle always got my vote. I always bought Mr Freeze ice-pops instead of sweets tho. Especially the blue ones.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Opal Fruits are so much better than the new Starburst things! Just because they had the orginal green lime flavour which were the best, now it's a green lemon and lime which just doesn't make the grade at all.

Wham bars! damn yeah, though they were too big, I always ended up with a sticky face and fingers after. Jelly tots too, uber sweets!

No-ones mentioned Rolos yet.
Or fudge? No fudge fans?
How about fried eggs? Or those crappy candy elasticated necklaces you could get?

WE NEED YOUR VOTES!

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
i prefered the candy watch straps. much more fun munching them at the back of the class whilst teacher droned unawares. Bodhi, if they're the mister freeze things you're on about, are they the ones that came in plastic tubes and in funky colours? my god did they rock if they were.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
the necklaces with little sweets beaded on to them? people used to buy them, bite the sweets in half, and use the elastic to shoot one half.

Astfgl

Fledgling Freddie
I was always a big fan of Cola Cubes, and Cadbury's Fudge.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Mr Freeze was a long fat plastic straw, full of frozen sugary water, coloured as per flavour. You cut off one end, and pushed the other end to slowly eat it. I remember buying the extra large ones in summer, yummy!

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
ah yeah! i remember; they were only like, 5p or something, so i used to get the blue ones and the green ones. mmmm

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
rain0001.jpg

How could I forget Rainbow Drops? I used to adore those little things.

Mmmnmmm....

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Munkey said:
Bodhi, if they're the mister freeze things you're on about, are they the ones that came in plastic tubes and in funky colours? my god did they rock if they were.
The very same. When I was 8 they were the best things ever.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Wham bars, Terror Eyes (looked like an eye with a scary word on the back), Jawbreakers (hot ones were the best if you DARED!), Raspberry Blue Mr Freezes, strange assed toffee crumble mix my news agent sold, Push Pops (for eating purposes only), Nerds (-Glass), dweebs and runts were all the staple diet of me when i was little and at school. Oh how my teeth hate me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom