Asha

Fledgling Freddie
exioce & that nooob healer, think he plays some cleric now

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
EXIOCE!!!!!! there's just no competition for his lag mezzing skills :p

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
This one time, in strafecamp. Blazie won a competion!

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Sharpo said:
What, you want your rps to stand still? The only GOOD defense casters had vs savages was to strafe the fuck out of them, and if done properly you will hardly land a hit. How about learning to play without stick and counter his strafing? Guess you can be happy you can chop down tanks now instead, no fear of hitting wrong target with F8 then!

Why such hostility? The question was who does it best, could be taken as a compliment. Strafing opponents are annoying from tank pov but it is part of the game, I have/had no problem with that. I said Athina because I found myself cursing often when trying to hit her ;) Ofc RR is/was teh strafe guild but as they all did it more or less, not naming anyone specially ;)

PS. Fyi, I have never had or really even played a savage.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
well i didn't wanna skew the results but my vote goes to the entire guild 'Random Roleplayers' who clearly run/ran training and practice sessions in this particular 'artform' :worthy:

special prize for individual and pre-emptive ballet skillz i award to Lagavulin, the merest hint of a tank in his proximity is enough to trigger a poetic display more suited to Swan Lake. where is he now i wonder? banned perhaps? we can but hope ;)

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Konah said:
well i didn't wanna skew the results but my vote goes to the entire guild 'Random Roleplayers' who clearly run/ran training and practice sessions in this particular 'artform' :worthy:

special prize for individual and pre-emptive ballet skillz i award to Lagavulin, the merest hint of a tank in his proximity is enough to trigger a poetic display more suited to Swan Lake. where is he now i wonder? banned perhaps? we can but hope ;)

Thank you mate :))))))))))
blazie got StrafePractices bg atm up.. so /bg join blazie and you can be as 1337 as us

moik

Fledgling Freddie
my vote goes to lorfo lagstrafemastah! :worthy:

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
efreet (played bard on pryd). kept assist trains of up to 6 ppl busy for entire fights np :)

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
lol sweet thread :)
cant really nominate anyone as im playing supportclasses but i was amazed one day while facing a certain theu in grp with 3savages on him incase he needed heals but he skillfully outstrafed him, barely had to heal
he wos >>>3savages

undernormal curcomstance id just would have let him die but the fight and spectacle was too good so i let it go on :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
XeffoInfil said:
strafing was implemented into the game but not to be out of view in fights ok?

ok never read past this post so.

but isnt strafing in combat MEANT to make u go out of view for ur enemy? if its not, then whats the bloody point of strafing in combat?? i strafe in combat to NOT get hit to often. /stick'n'strafe is how my shammy survives most of the times... that and keep running through them.. :) fun to see a /assist train look like a broken whip and hardly ever hit :)

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
strafeing can easily be countered by unsticking, faceing and sticking and being very active at the movements.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
most ppl dont like to be to active in their fighting... /stick and spamming 1 or 2 buttons is enuff for most of the newbies.. i mean, acually having to pay attention?? no more semi-afk while /assisting?? :m00:

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
getting mentioned in this thread is an honor even tho it was from garnet :(
I see strafing part of the game and better strafer > more skill.

Tilda

Konah said:
the merest hint of a tank in his proximity is enough to trigger a poetic display more suited to Swan Lake.
Classic :)

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Raid. Yesterday, I was watching QS and 3 other tanks chasing Raid, thru amg to Midd side. The guy was going down, then all of a sudden Raid dissapears and flashes infront of me, back on Alb side of amg still alive lol.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
not only that, but QS was BGing me, fighting against NP and Raid's group, when i checked the logg, not a single hit was blocked, I had my mode in free mouse mode, so wasn't even able to move even if I wanted too.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
just trying to make a point lol, anyways sometimes i do Press 'm' so's I can select targets like a behatch, all u have to do is press 'm' to move again or 'q' and 'e' to straffe. You never played a wizard, just drop it :D

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
What ppl dont get is that strafing is a part of the game yes, but the lag is not. Cuz of the lag strafing makes u out of view, without the lag, strafing would be totaly worthless. But yes u can do something about it. Unstick and face manually etc but the prob then is that if the target is smart, hell run and since ure not stuck ull start running after him too late (cuz of lag) and ure out of range. But most of the ppl seems to think its ok now and after all i am in the strafur guild so i guess ill start aswell.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Clipse said:
Raid. Yesterday, I was watching QS and 3 other tanks chasing Raid, thru amg to Midd side. The guy was going down, then all of a sudden Raid dissapears and flashes infront of me, back on Alb side of amg still alive lol.

Hmm strafing had nothing to do with me surviving pretty long if you mean that ;) I got healed a lot (I think healers had fop up on other side), and when I was getting away someone grappled me so tanks couldnt hit but eventually I died to something ranged, got rezzed and then met you ;)

Clipse said:
not only that, but QS was BGing me, fighting against NP and Raid's group, when i checked the logg, not a single hit was blocked, I had my mode in free mouse mode, so wasn't even able to move even if I wanted too.

Can't remember if it was the same fight but once near amg you killed me while quicksilver was BG'ing you, BG worked fine there atleast. Or maybe it was Outlaw there, not sure actually, was tired :eek:

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
i would say Laggeviolin aswell. Could take 3 bms up to 16.7secs to kill him :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom