Best Mobile atm?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have just rang Orange and I can get a new phone off them. Now I am swinging towards the Samsung D500 but I have had one of those already(loved it and sold it due to it being more than I need).

I do like the Samsung E720 but I am hearing bad things about the voice clarity and also it isn't too much different than the D500.

I am going through some legal shit at the minute so a phone that records conversations will be uesful(don't remember if the D500 did that).

I text......lots so easy to use with texting is important, I also want a camera on so I can send pictures to babs of my nipples etc.

Its your choice, I don't care, whatever you people decide I will go with.

So, let the public decide.

Thanks in advance luvs.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Trem

What's best is always rather subjective. If you loved the D500 and it wouldn't cost you anything/not much then that may be a good choice, even if the extras features aren't likely to be used.

Orange's SPV C500 (and C550 coming soon) has received a lot of praise and is based on Windows Mobile technology. That said, the C500 only has a 0.3MP camera, and the C550, whilst it has a 1.3MP camera, probably won't run Microsoft's new 3G-ready Windows Mobile 5 which looks very pretty.

Alternatively, I've heard good things about Sony Ericsson's range, and they have a couple of new phones coming out soon, one Walkman™ based and the other with a 2MP digital camera.

Finally, if you're prepared to wait months instead of upgrading soon, Samsung has a 3GB phone coming out (as have Nokia) and one with a 7MP camera, but they're likely to be in the latter half of this year.

Anyway, I'd suggest to making a shortlist and then popping into your local shop to have a play with them, hopefully without the sales team hassling you :)

Kind Regards

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Does no one else feel mobiles are the tools of the devil? :eek:

I've used an SPV C500 and it's pretty cool, but I still don't see the point in carrying one. You know it means people can phone you, regardless of where you are? Maybe the point of this technology has gone over my head, but I think people are crazy to use them!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Trem said:
I have just rang Orange and I can get a new phone off them. Now I am swinging towards the Samsung D500 but I have had one of those already(loved it and sold it due to it being more than I need).

I do like the Samsung E720 but I am hearing bad things about the voice clarity and also it isn't too much different than the D500.

I am going through some legal shit at the minute so a phone that records conversations will be uesful(don't remember if the D500 did that).

I text......lots so easy to use with texting is important, I also want a camera on so I can send pictures to babs of my nipples etc.

Its your choice, I don't care, whatever you people decide I will go with.

So, let the public decide.

Thanks in advance luvs.

Kind of depends what you need really. I've just bought a Motorola MPx220 because I wanted Outlook integration and expandable memory (its had bad reviews in America because of call clarity issues, but it seems to be fine for me, and MP3 ringtones are cool :)), but if I didn't need the windows stuff I'd have probably gone for the SE S700i or waited until next month for the Nokia 6680, which seems to be the best all-rounder out there.

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
i'm also after anew phone atm.

i'm waithing for the SE k750i or w800i

both pretty simmilar except for the extra storage that comes withe the w800 and that it's geared toward playing music, but both do it

they both also have a 2mp camera

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The e720 is ad500 Trem, it's just moved into a flip body. Flip phones are the work of the devil.

If you want an all-round phone with good storage space and features you'll actually use then get a 6230i. Orange should have it within the month.

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
I've got the C500 and it's a great phone. I'd wait a while and get the C550 though or the M2000.

Word of warning though, the C500 has a manufacturing fault which allows dust to get BEHIND the screen. So you get lots of white specks which you can't clean out, very annoying!

I'm not sure if the C550 will have the same problem, may be worthwhile waiting for a few end user reviews before choosing a phone...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He's already said he didn't use all the features of the d500, so telling him about smartphones probbaly isnt going to give him what he wants. Just an observation.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I am leaning heavily towards the Nokia 6230i.

BUT can any of you chaps tell me if it records conversations?

I know the Sony/Ericsson ones do, well my mates does.

It will be the most useful feature at the moment, it will help with the legal crap I'm having and it would also mean I won't have to write anything down when on the phone again.

So, right now, the feature I am after most is the conversation recorder thingy.

Thanks for your advice so far.

Gray

FH is my second home
If you want the Conversation Recorder and you know Sony Ericsson implement it, why not go for the Sony Ericsson K750i when it comes out?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
my nokia 8310 let me record, so I am sure the latest ones will. Why not go in a phone shop and see if you can try it when its out?

Aada

Part of the furniture
6230i is nice i just got it like 2 weeks ago.. improves on the 6230 adding the 1.3mp. The ability to put a 512mb memory in is also pretty nice. everyone has a d500 atm if you're like me and don't flock with the sheep then the 6230i is a pretty good choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom