Best map ever in ANY game...

C

caLLous

Originally posted by Moving Target
I think Crossfire is quite good, but the nuclear button place area isn't used often.
Aye, the button is a tad out-of-the-way. Most of the action takes place in the courtyard like but on the other side of the tunnel. But the mad scramble to get into the bunker was hilarious. The advantage of playing over a LAN is you can hear the screams of anguish from other players. :p

Oh, and the level that filled up that room with water when you flicked a switch was cool too. Was that Undertow? :)

M

Moving Target

Think so. I always rush for that water button :D

C

caLLous

Hehe, wait for the grill to go across then jump on the light fitting in the middle and shoot at the drowning people. Ahh, those were the days. :D

O

old.Jas

Any of the fragtown series on Quake. They have prolly been ported to Q2 and Q3 by now

O

old.Kez

Doublecross was far superior to Crossfire in the mad nuclear scramble stakes. Fuck all Tau abuse in it though, which made it less laggy, but less of a made laugh too :/

X

xane

I liked most of the UT maps, especially that one where you are on a spaceship at warp speed, nice details like different gravity effects for inside and outside the ship, plus looking at the other ships in the distance.

The UT space station style maps are fantastic, and the CTF ones like "Facing Worlds" too.

O

old.Kez

Face is, was, and always will be shit. I've never understood why it was so popular. Next to the inoxx pack, I shockingly preferred the latter.

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by caLLous
Oh, and the level that filled up that room with water when you flicked a switch was cool too. Was that Undertow? :)
fs, I could've sworn I mentioned this in one of my replies.

Yes, it is. Many poor people fell victim to my suspicious xbow binds :(

M

Moving Target

Thing is, the few times I played on that map, when they're in the flooded room, none of the retards work out that you have to go up the lift :rolleyes:

C

caLLous

Aye, you did. But I wasn't sure it was called Undertow, so I thought I'd put an ickle description in too, in case it wasn't. :)

S

Scouse

Level 3 of Wizball on the Commodore 64. It rocked.

Or the Gardens level of The Last Ninja.

Also - Tribes1 - Avalanche (jees - I hope that's it's name!)

O

old.Smittins

Originally posted by caLLous
Was Bootcamp the one with the nuke button in the bunker? If so, then that IS the best multi map I have ever played. Sheer genius.

Edit: I've been (semi) reliably informed that the map I speak of is/was called Crossfire. :)

datacore/stalkyard in hldm

crossfire is a pathetic excuse for a 'map'

O

old.Kez

Clearly someone who was never a good tau whore :(

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by fungas

oh and TDC, was uni2 choice or action (did you go right round and then misjump like me)

no, I actually bought the galactic hyperdrive :)
also, I remember practically tossing my msx about the room trying to trigger a mis-jump. I think I had two in all the years I played elite. I also remember freaking out the very first time [and all the other times] my regular drive failed and I got stranded in limbo and had to wait till I could jump again while being attacked the whole time through by those insect guys :eek: well, up until I got that cool mil-spec laser that is :D

O

old.Smittins

Originally posted by Kez
Clearly someone who was never a good tau whore :(

erm actually i was excellent with the Tau/Gauss i just didnt fancy being interrupted from actually playing the game by 6 years olds all rushing gleefully to press the nuke button as often as possible

:rolleyes:

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by Smittins
i just didnt fancy being interrupted from actually playing the game by 6 years olds all rushing gleefully to press the nuke button as often as possible
Serves you right for playing with blatantly shit people, then :p

Thinking about it, I'd quite like to put Gasworks in my "best maps" list. That makes 5. Go me.

I get the feeling Quarry would be another addition, if I could remember the layout at all (usually a sign of shitness, or amnesia, then)

S

Stazbumpa

Project X2 for UT, Caen 2 for DoD and thats about it.

S

Skyler

Originally posted by Moving Target
That map in Doom 2 called Loads of Barrels or something similar.

Barrells O' Fun :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Barrels of fun... heh, I just had to go and load up Doom, Collectors Edition didn't I.

Map rox on LAN.

W

Wij

Um. ZTNDM3 (Blood Run), Androm9, E1M2, DM6. DM4 makes great demos but I suck at it :)

S

Scouse

Jeesus. All this demonstrates is that you lot are farrrr to young!

Does nobody remember the first level from the massive Gribbley's Day Out, or the deck with the 999 robot on Paradroid's third ship?!

Or the opening level of Uridium? (Just to complete a triumverate of Andrew Braybrook games).

The second planet out from the sun in Starglider 2 on the Amiga? (It was great shooting the things in the air just to watch them lose power and smack onto the ground).

The first level of Xenon (not Xenon2)?

The death star trench in the Arcade Star Wars (on HARD).

Having said that, I could forgive you for forgetting level 3 of Mr Do's Wild Ride! :)

S

Scouse

Never played it. Is it a custom map???? Looks good tho.

In fact - T2's biggest problem is a lack of maps that people are actually willing to play (the whole scene is full of people who just don't like variety) :(

Anyone ever play Dan Dare on the C64? The whole game was one of the best maps ever :clap:

X

xane

Originally posted by Scouse
Jeesus. All this demonstrates is that you lot are farrrr to young!

Actually I was going to suggest the Monopoly board has a timeless appeal to me, apart from the No Parking square which tended to conjure up all sorts of "home rules".

S

Scouse

Aye - still play it on a Tuesday nite ;) (obviously spiced up nicely - 10 quid in, 4 players - currently 200 quid up :)

O

old.Quorthon

God there are so many, but atm its got to be RA3Map1 :D

The Enchanted Kingdom for lmctf was cool also.

Q

Users who are viewing this thread