Best hib xp group?

A

Amadon

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Scale the damages up...

When arguing about such damage (caster vs caster) you may as well list base damage as the calculations are just scalar.

Times my 'book' figures by 3 :), their proportions are teh same.
my damage cap is 1029, the debuff will add basically 200-300 damage for each cast, compared to a pb which does 700-800 damage (or 400-500, in which case damage cap is about 800), unless the fight lasts a long time, 3x pb will be quicker and more mana efficient
i've been in many permutations of pb groups, because i don't really care about an "optimal" group but more about having fun, and nothing comes close to 3x pbers
we were scouted by knights once, had 16 of them come in 1 pull (and 1 fg fighting), they dropped in under 10 seconds to 3xpbae (and no-one died), there is no ways void can compete with that in terms of an optimal group
I appreciate void elds, don't get me wrong.. I love grouping with them especially in rvr (hitting cap dmg with snare dd rocks :p ), and I would gladly take one into any group I'm in, but they're not part of the optimal group imo, based on many levels of pb groups (and lvling many people once I got to 50)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Amadon
my damage cap is 1029, the debuff will add basically 200-300 damage for each cast, compared to a pb which does 700-800 damage (or 400-500, in which case damage cap is about 800), unless the fight lasts a long time, 3x pb will be quicker and more mana efficient
i've been in many permutations of pb groups, because i don't really care about an "optimal" group but more about having fun, and nothing comes close to 3x pbers
we were scouted by knights once, had 16 of them come in 1 pull (and 1 fg fighting), they dropped in under 10 seconds to 3xpbae (and no-one died), there is no ways void can compete with that in terms of an optimal group
I appreciate void elds, don't get me wrong.. I love grouping with them especially in rvr (hitting cap dmg with snare dd rocks :p ), and I would gladly take one into any group I'm in, but they're not part of the optimal group imo, based on many levels of pb groups (and lvling many people once I got to 50)

Again the figures you list are for a 48PBAEO. Damage cap for a 47 manachanter is under 800, go do the maths ;)

btw, I agree on the panick situations, would rahter have a faster casting pbaoe around for then. But cast time isnt (or shouldnt be) much of a factor for pve.

B

boni_ofdavoid

btw note...

My perfect group doesnt have a voidy in it, and im not arguing they necessarily are part of an ideal group. You only need 1 chanter for your group if your doing the correct con mob and your chanter is well specced. Who says a group has to have 8 people in it?

S

Spamb0t

well.. the topic is about the BEST hib xp group...
and imo BEST XP = fastest possible exp.. PL does not count as its supposed to be a 'normal' group :eek:

A

Amadon

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Again the figures you list are for a 48PBAEO. Damage cap for a 47 manachanter is under 800, go do the maths ;)
damage cap being lower for < 48 pb actually hurts your case, the higher the damage cap the more useful the void debuff is (because with it you'll be hitting damage cap if you have int buff)

well it's the difference between normal dmg and dmg cap that measure the usefulness of the debuff anyway

discussion's becoming tedious, in my experience 3xpbae is quicker and more mana efficient than 2xpbae + void, that's just my experience tho, obviously you've had different experiences to me.

D

Danya

Amadon, that 16 knight pull... was that Tomask pulling? ;)

O

old.Aldias

Hehe...u arguing about voiders and pbers about best effect and the point is the best xp grp.......

1. About voiders and pbers....Boni has right BEST combination is 2pber + 1 voider......

Some1 said debuff is gona resisted in purps etc....u think pber hit all the time...LOL nope.....with debuff u doing 300 more than normal and is DEFFENTLY better than 3 pbers who some1 of them will be resisted in evry pull almost

2. About best xp grp...as i said from the time that Animist "released" is the best and Uber class for xp no pbers or any other class can pass them in pull rate...safety or the lvl of mobs u r gona hunt.......

Conclusion :

2pbers +1 voider >>>>>>> 3 pbers

4Animist + 1bard + 1warden +1 druid +1menta

End of story

S

Shangrila

If u want the fastest XP possible try that:

2 Warden (2 stacking pBTs)
1 Champ (puller)
2 Mana Enchanters (can also be mana elds)
1 Mana Menta (mana reg + AE Dot)
1 Bard (End song/heal/buffs)
1 Druid (main healer/buffs)

u can pull non stop, since u never run out of power or end, healers wont need to do much because of the 2 stacking bubbles. If u get 4 mobs instead of 3 thats no problem, one tank has to taunt 2, not a big thing with 2 bubbles.

I tried a group like this and it works great, pulled high purp mobs without any death, only downtime we had was the mob respawn ;-)

just my 2 cents

A

Amadon

an open mind is a wondrous thing indeed :rolleyes:

re resists:

3 mobs:

debuff gets resisted by 1 mob, it's wasted and has to be recast on that mob

pbae gets resisted by 1 mob, other 2 get hit
resisted by 2, 1 still gets hit
resisted by 3, it's wasted

scenario 1 is more likely to happen than 2 or 3 if you're pulling the correct level mobs (ie. low purples - most mana efficient)

as for animists.. only been in 1 group with an animist and i wasnt that impressed (took longer to kill the mobs than pbae does)

imo i'd rather replace a pbae with a mana ment for dot and mr, but with a twisty bard 3xpbae still comes out on top

T

Tyka

1 bard, 1 druid, 1 warden, 5 mana chanters.

bard uses group heal, gets all aggro, chanters go in and pbaoe, druid heal bard if needed, warden is afk.

K

Kobold

1: ranger
2: ranger
3: enchantment enchanter
4: nature druid
5: blunt/music bard
6: envenom/stealth NS
7: parry warden
8: luri m00se (just to make teh group look cute)

U

uncle_sal

Well... group cant be truly uber if it doesnt have me...

N

-Nuked-

ok how about in that case lets all go and make mana chanters and elds so that albs and mids have an easier time capping energy resistance coz they dont need to worry about cold any more. be realistic .. mana may do more dmg but what is the point in us all having the same character spec! what fun would that be?

all champ's go LW
all hero's go S/S
all caster's make PB chanters
all bard's spec music and nurture
all drood's become buff bots
all wardens spec bubble and AFK
all BM's dont even bother
dont worry shade's and rangers hibby's only like set classes anyway so it doesnt matter what you guys do!

i know this thread is about 'best hib xp group' but think ahead a little ... what do you do after all the xp is finished. hibernia wont be much of a force with everyone becomming cookie cutters :p

A

Amadon

Originally posted by nuked_inthehead
hibernia wont be much of a force with everyone becomming cookie cutters :p
not much will touch 5xpbae, warden, druid and bard :(

but i agree with you.. variety is a good thing :p (we need more voidies btw)

K

Kobold

Originally posted by uncle_sal
Your lurishade any fun Eternal?

yup my lurishade pwns, it's a cute female luri :D

SC is a bit owerpowered though, I made a lvl 40 set witch makes all skills capped, and that with dodger and evade6 = pwnage :clap:

K

Kobold

yup I have a druid called buffbot lol.

only lvl 21 though :(

K

Kobold

I don't use it as buffbot though, was just for the Irony of it....well on a second thought... :D

O

old.Tzeentch

k, say we go to cursed forest and pull goborchends.

how the fuck are you gonna debuff like 10+ mobs is totally beyond me.

yeah sure, having a void at lvl 50 rvr is nice in keep defense or whatever, and having 4 animists might be fast pulls, but:

fast xp.

animist might be fast, but probably incredibly boring

and tyka is right :x

never seen mobs drop so fast before in a grp like that setup, but thats a bit.. hm.. well, i think you really need people who know what they are doing and dont mind the ocassional wipe or two.

O

old.Laryssa

mh,
Tyka's idea is nice, but

-) can a bard tank multiple targets
-) where is the difference between pet and bard pull then beside the leeched pet xp ?

O

old.Tzeentch

tyka's thing is basically, the bard is gonan soak up ALL aggro w/ grp heals, druid keeps him alive, and you can have a tone of level 60 mobs etc beating on him, as long as the druid is looking at the screen, the pbae will annihilate the mobs.

did this at faeries :x

was pretty fun lol

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by nuked_inthehead

all champ's go LW
all hero's go S/S
all caster's make PB chanters
all bard's spec music and nurture
all drood's become buff bots
all wardens spec bubble and AFK
all BM's dont even bother
dont worry shade's and rangers hibby's only like set classes anyway so it doesnt matter what you guys do!

Welcome to the world of the 1337 ;)

T

Tank Init

healers and mages make the best group set up
dont need tanks they only leech anywayz, 1 enchanter pet can do the job of 3-5 tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom