Best hib xp group?

A

Arnor

It had to come, didnt it? :p

well, what in your opinion is the best xp group compilation?

2pb'ers, 3 pbers? etc etc

O

old.Tzeentch

warden, 2 tanks (hero or champ), 3 pbae, bard, druid.

O

oblivion_6

2 pbeaors, one void (for debuff) warden, 2 healers and anything else if u want i guess

S

Spamb0t

O

old.Aldias

4 animists, 1 bard , 1 menta and 2 healers :cool:

Pulling never stops :D

S

Spamb0t

or:

lvl50 manachanter
lvl50 bard with high reg/nurt
+ any 6 classes/lvls.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Spamb0t
or:

lvl50 manachanter
lvl50 bard with high reg/nurt
+ any 6 classes/lvls.

well, that settles it. You bring the chanter+bard, and ill bring my sexxay booty and some friends ;)

N

-Nuked-

group of ppl having so much fun they aint watching the xp bar :p

A

Amadon

Originally posted by nuked_inthehead
group of ppl having so much fun they aint watching the xp bar :p
:clap:

xp goes much quicker when u're having fun :)

F

Faeldawn

Not the best xp group, but a lot of fun nevertheless,

2 Rangers
1 shade
2 Void elds
1 Menta (preferably mana)
1 Warden
1 bard

Melee? whats that then?

Shade to pa anything that gets past the ranged attack.

Dont knock it till you have tried it ;)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Not the best xp group, but a lot of fun nevertheless,

2 Rangers
1 shade
2 Void elds
1 Menta (preferably mana)
1 Warden
1 bard

Melee? whats that then?

Shade to pa anything that gets past the ranged attack.

Dont knock it till you have tried it ;)

/effects off ;)

S

spankya

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch

Agree with Tzeen on this one. 2 tanks should idealy be 2 s/s heroes(who can obviously spec LW and CS when they have a decent s/s spec). Wouldnt bother with 1 void eld and 2 pbaoers as someone else suggested, as the overall damage output of 3 pbaoers would be better I think.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by old.Mitsu
I think focus pulling beats a tank group. :)

I think a tank group is alot more fun. "Time flies when you're having fun (and so does exp)" :)

A

Amadon

focus pulling is soooo boring

but it's great xp..
mana chanter + mana ment is the best xp imo (maybe throw a druid in for heals/buffs on pet)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by spankya
Agree with Tzeen on this one. 2 tanks should idealy be 2 s/s heroes(who can obviously spec LW and CS when they have a decent s/s spec). Wouldnt bother with 1 void eld and 2 pbaoers as someone else suggested, as the overall damage output of 3 pbaoers would be better I think.

manambombs can debuff cold, voidies can debuff energy.

2xmana + 1xvoid is better is way better than 3xpbaoe and that is fact. With a 50% debuff, just debuffing for 2 manabombs the voidy has already made up for a last pbaoe. If he bothers to AOE as well you well ahead. If the manabombs debuff for the voidy as well then youve almost gained a free pbaoe. Also consider the fact that an eld has more debuffs (dex debuff helps tanks hold aggro and hit the mob, got insta str debuff too).

In general if you add more than 1 person from a class in then your party is not likely to be optimal. 2 of the same = duplicated abilites.
e.g. It would be nice to have 2 S&S Heros tanking on paper, but in reality a Champ mixes in fast pulling and debuffs.

B

boni_ofdavoid

1 x Warden (tank spec with pbt).
1 x S&S Hero.
1 x S&S Champ.
1 x Bard
1 x Manachanter

All you need.
Add 3 people who could do with the group (NS, Ranger, Voidy).

A

Amadon

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid

2xmana + 1xvoid is better is way better than 3xpbaoe and that is fact. With a 50% debuff, just debuffing for 2 manabombs the voidy has already made up for a last pbaoe. If he bothers to AOE as well you well ahead. If the manabombs debuff for the voidy as well then youve almost gained a free pbaoe. Also consider the fact that an eld has more debuffs (dex debuff helps tanks hold aggro and hit the mob, got insta str debuff too).

In general if you add more than 1 person from a class in then your party is not likely to be optimal. 2 of the same = duplicated abilites.
e.g. It would be nice to have 2 S&S Heros tanking on paper, but in reality a Champ mixes in fast pulling and debuffs.
with 3 pbaoe, the mobs will die in 2 - 3 casts (of each caster) 90% of the time.
if you get 3 mobs at a time, the mobs would all be dead by the time the void debuffs the last mob

for single target pulls, yes.. 1 void + 2 pb is better than 3 pb, but for baf pulls 3 pb is better imo

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid

I still dont agree with ya tbh.
Void elds is good in a team like that, but not better then a third pbaoer :rolleyes:
Takes time to cast the debuff, might resist + void aoe is crap compared and so on ;)

However one of the three pbaoers should definitly be eldrich for the con/strenght area debuff!

The champ debuffs is rather worthless in teams like that, but still champs equal a hero easy, so its not really a reason why not to pick a champ instead (useless due to single targets, end loss, mana loss, resists and how much it does when they anyway die fast to the pbaoers)

About best xp group:
2 tanks
1 warden (also tanking eventually)
3 pbaoer (2 ench with passive ally, 1 eldrich with debuff)
1 druid (need i say, not a battledr00d) =)
my bard =)

However, this teams is usually less fun then soloing trees, so whatever including nice people + my bard + fun place + at least some xp beats that :D

B

boni_ofdavoid

Both wrong.

Voidy can debuff as the mobs approach and start combat. Its quite easy to get all 3 debuffs in before the manachanter starts.

Yes one might get resisted..

But COME ON PEOPLE 50% DEBUFF FFS! even the most stubborn of you should be able to see that even if the voidy doesnt AOE you have stil broken even..

and again add insta dex / str debuffs and void AOE and you are clearly winning.

Also how much easier is it for a PBAOE to not get a resist when the mob has been debuffed?

A

Amadon

i disagree
against yellows or oranges the voidie might get 2 debuffs in before the mobs arrive (and pray that all the tanks land their taunt, because if they don't, the mobs will be on the voidie), but against reds or purples, the debuff gets resisted more often than not, you'll be lucky if you get 1 to stick by the time the mobs arrive (based on experience.. doing fins with me + garbannoch)
if the resists stuck every time, then you might be on a par with 3xpbaoe, but they won't stick every time, and the pbaoe, due to being aoe, ameliorates the effect of outright spell resists.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Amadon
with 3 pbaoe, the mobs will die in 2 - 3 casts (of each caster) 90% of the time.
if you get 3 mobs at a time, the mobs would all be dead by the time the void debuffs the last mob

for single target pulls, yes.. 1 void + 2 pb is better than 3 pb, but for baf pulls 3 pb is better imo

First debuff goes on as the pull happens (voidy stands in the frontline with the puller). Second goes off as the mobs are comming in (just about the time the mobs hit usually). Third goes off 2 seconds later, about the time the tanks land their first taunt and the manachanter starts his cast.

Did this all the time when I was leveling..

btw, the figures I gave earleir for manachanter damage are based on a level 48 chanter and 44 voidy. A more realistic view is that :-

Your 44-48 your chanter probably doesnt have the 48 PBAOE and is only doing 265 DMG per blast. Your voidy has 44 AOE and is doing 159 per blast. Do the maths and youll see that 1xVoid + 1xmanachanter is better than 2xpbaeo on paper. Yes its a bit doubtfull cause of resists on the mutual debuffs, extra mana for debuffs and dificulty. But you clearly gain with 2xpbaoe and 1x void.

A

Amadon

My lvl 30 chanter does 250 damage per blast...

at lvl 40 my eld was doing about 400-500 damage per blast

at lvl 50 my eld does about 700-800 damage per blast

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Amadon
My lvl 30 chanter does 250 damage per blast...

at lvl 40 my eld was doing about 400-500 damage per blast

at lvl 50 my eld does about 700-800 damage per blast

Scale the damages up...

When arguing about such damage (caster vs caster) you may as well list base damage as the calculations are just scalar.

Times my 'book' figures by 3 :), their proportions are teh same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom