Best Hib PvE duo?

B

boni_ofdavoid

Bah ok, I might be slighly pwned, im off to the pub to drink myself into oblivon, then come back n respec light.

well some of thats true anyway

T

Tyka

if u wanna try light eld for fun at lower levels, roll one on pvp, me + tua (him playing skald) was like on every guilds kos list after playing there 1 day.. too many ppl with lvl 50 mains pff..

T

Tyka

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Bah ok, I might be slighly pwned, im off to the pub to drink myself into oblivon, then come back n respec light.

well some of thats true anyway

drink at 1 pm? where the hell do u live.. alchoholic..

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Tyka
drink at 1 pm? where the hell do u live.. alchoholic..

London.

They opened at 10:30, im late... gotta dash... missed a lot of good beer time yacking about void bolts n stuff.

:cheers:

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
hehe, what gimpy old lessurl, never ;)

I have to add that i haven't had loads of experience with my void eld since I respecced back to help on Galla raids (the cast times having been reduced since I played him as void regularly). Just the few occasions I've rolled him out for a bit of a mess about or when the grp I'm joining to help xp/to farm some cash would get best use out of him rather than my champ/bard/druid.

The improved cast time on the void dds may bring it a bit closer into line nowadays but I was at leps again lately helping a friend finish off a level and it didn't seem to be quite as fast as light spec.

On the levelling up part that could be a good point Boni and as i respecced to light once at 50 it's something I can't comment on.
I'm still backing 2 times light mages though. :p

V

VodkaFairy

Light eld + light mentalist is a good duo really but it can be boring killing single mobs all the time :/

Maybe a mana ment and another mage with some kind of ae dd would be fun, maybe mana eld or light ment. That would be good exp allthough a bit risky :m00:

E

elerand

Originally posted by d34k
Please forgive this Middie for what is probably an annoying question you've heard loads of times...

What's the best PvE duo in Hibernia? In Mid we have our Summon spec Spiritmasters with their Pacification spec healer bots for that focus pull thing. Or another good combo is a tank and a shaman (if you prefer melee). They're both fine, but...

I'd really like to level a Nightshade and was wondering on people's opinions as a good partner/bot for this class?

Many thanks!

Try something fun maybe and add a VW to the setup, for tank duoing they are pretty powerful, last night was farming some blue/yellow cons in cm with the gf's druid, getting 3-5 each time and I was using aoe sidechain on the one my gf pulled with druid dot, most the mobs are close to dead after 3 moves, just have to clean them up :D

I guess the main consideration is end really but since VW styles use so little end I can usually rest for 5 secs between pulls and have enough end for about 6 pulls before needing a full rest.

Otherwise for ns I would say bard/druid/warden/hero/ranger, druid spec buffs will make a major diff if you have decent gear as well although with just you beating on the mob it may seem a little slow, so you'll prob need two players with a bb outside the grp as well or something to get the speed up without reducing the xp too much.

I've never been a big fan of focus pulling, hence why after almost 2 years playing my chanter is only lvl 25 :D

Goooo tanks.

W

wooddie

Slapping anything wif red druid buffs (o/s of group ofc) lets u kill ojs and reds easy actually. Tanks can prolly tank w/o having to use styles at all, same applies to NS. So the only D/t u'll really have is waiting for end since druid can heal during non-combat period.

Focus-pulling, wif a druidbot, is boring no doubt. Druid-buffed pets (wif focus-shield) can dish out and take lots of punishment but FS and pb at the end would prolly land ur mana chanter wif less than half mana-bar at the end of the pull. :( So i suppose pull big and rest in synch wif the spawn rate may be the best bet.

edit: spelling

S

shirel

Originally posted by Tyka
For PvE, especially now on Hib/Exc, leveling from 1-50, 2 mages with 209 delve DD.

Light Menta/Light Eld.

Or of course if you want to level the "unskilled" way, get a bard + mana enchanter, buff pet and send him into a camp thats filled with lvl 100 mobs.

You could also try swapping the light eld for a light chanter. Same delve dd but with a heat debuff either from the pet or from mana spec at higher lvls.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by shirel
You could also try swapping the light eld for a light chanter. Same delve dd but with a heat debuff either from the pet or from mana spec at higher lvls.

I don't think trying to cast a low level debuff is worth the power/time at 40++ when you can finally get it :x

Tyka, light eld isn't the most balanced caster in hib, not anymore... The only thing you get is a DD really, nearsight is fairly useless against tank groups and so is ae mezz and d/q debuff (only adds makes frontloading tanks more dangerous). Sure the dd is nice but without a chanter to debuff you won't hit for more than 300-400 damage which is worthless. How would you make a group with a light eld in it atm ?

S

shirel

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
I don't think trying to cast a low level debuff is worth the power/time at 40++ when you can finally get it :x

Maybe, maybe not but even the debuff cast by the pet gives +95-+100 extra dmg on neutral mobs.

The lvl 27 mana spec debuff will dmg cap on red mobs.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by shirel
Maybe, maybe not but even the debuff cast by the pet gives +95-+100 extra dmg on neutral mobs.

The lvl 27 mana spec debuff will dmg cap on red mobs.

Oh didn't see you are a light chanter, I guess you know better than me then :p

You really hit for 666 dmg on red mobs ? :-o How often do they resist debuff/nuke/pet nuke? And how much does the pet debuff for ?

S

shirel

Havent seen any hard & fast figures about the amount of the debuff but i tested it on yellow con mobs outside innis that are neutral to heat (far darrigs). Debuff gave +95 to +100 on these.

Resist rate for the pet debuff is fairly low on yellow/orange mobs, ramps up quickly on red/purp though.

Strangely the lvl 27 debuff doesnt seem to get resisted anymore than the lvl 45 dd.

V

VodkaFairy

Okay thanks for the info :) Anyone know what resists are based on now ? Its said the spell level against level of the target is the only thing that matters but it doesn't always look like that is true :x

E

elerand

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Okay thanks for the info :) Anyone know what resists are based on now ? Its said the spell level against level of the target is the only thing that matters but it doesn't always look like that is true :x

I read somewhere it's base chance (each spell has a base chance) then lvls are factored in and resists, then you get an actual resist chance, vnboards, somewhere, amongst the whine.

Seem to recall seeing base 35% for lifetap on VW forum lol, and tbh I would agree since the rates are higher than before :(

D

dawn-

i was wandering where could a mana chanter + pac healer could exp @ level 40, this is on camlan server so there is no real restriction really.

J

justintime

Some Daoc trivia:

If you have a lot of attackers on one target it becomes much easier to hit. We've all seen this on various raids and such.

Pet classes are interesting, since pets have infinite mana and a solo pet class can take advantage of the to hit code. Most pets clases only have one pet at a time, however animists can have a small army. I suspect most of you have seen arborial anamists in action, however I suspect very few of you have seen what a creeping anamist can do in PvE:

Here is what one power bar buys a creeping spec anamist:

1-3 purples (or more if you can be bothered to plant loads of lvl 5 turrets).
2-5 reds
4-8 oranges
6-12 yellows

I wouldn't reccomend soloing baf mobs higher than orange con, they die too slowly and will probably kill you.

Caveats:

1) You need room to kite, prefrably with a minimum of mobile aggro, and what ever you do - don't plant the F&F turrets too close to the spawn.

2) The pets steal about 40% of the xp

3) F&F pets only last 2 mins, you need to be careful about doing one last pull

4) I don't think a creeping anamist would be much cop in 8v8 rvr (although the abs debuff and the ae root bombers are nice in theory).

Duos:

Creeping anamist + Mana ment = very nice.
PoT = less down time, DoTs = good damage (they will stick easy with all those F&F turrets attacking) and they will increace the XP you get - since DoTs don't steal xp.

Creeping anamist + Bard = not bad. Unlike mentalists, most bards will have a decent confuse, and that means you don't have to kite.

I suspect anamist confuse groups will become the standard XP group on the US servers now that focus has been nerfed. The good news is that they are much more fun, and anyone with a decent ranged attack can contribute. Unfortunately I'm not sure where this leaves tanks :(

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by justintime
I suspect anamist confuse groups will become the standard XP group on the US servers now that focus has been nerfed. The good news is that they are much more fun, and anyone with a decent ranged attack can contribute. Unfortunately I'm not sure where this leaves tanks :( [/B]

Have heard this suggested before for pl/xp, problem is its highly risky, and leachers will die way too much.

I suspect most will revert to the classic setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom