Best Hib PvE duo?

D

d34k

Please forgive this Middie for what is probably an annoying question you've heard loads of times...

What's the best PvE duo in Hibernia? In Mid we have our Summon spec Spiritmasters with their Pacification spec healer bots for that focus pull thing. Or another good combo is a tank and a shaman (if you prefer melee). They're both fine, but...

I'd really like to level a Nightshade and was wondering on people's opinions as a good partner/bot for this class?

Many thanks!

E

eneq

well you cant ask for the best Hib PvE Duo and then have a NS in that Duo...

My suggestion is to get hold of 3 acc if you want to PL a NS

Have a Manachanter/RegrowthBard as active and the NS as leecher.

But as duo with NS ill prolly say a Bard with full Nurture and rest heals.

T

Tyka

For PvE, especially now on Hib/Exc, leveling from 1-50, 2 mages with 209 delve DD.

Light Menta/Light Eld.

Or of course if you want to level the "unskilled" way, get a bard + mana enchanter, buff pet and send him into a camp thats filled with lvl 100 mobs.

E

eneq

Originally posted by Tyka
For PvE, especially now on Hib/Exc, leveling from 1-50, 2 mages with 209 delve DD.

Light Menta/Light Eld.

Or of course if you want to level the "unskilled" way, get a bard + mana enchanter, buff pet and send him into a camp thats filled with lvl 100 mobs.

Tell me again How you lvl Don tyka ?

aah yes it was the "buff pet and send him into a camp thats filled with lvl 100 mobs"

:p

F

Faeldawn

Shade + bard or buffbot is yer best bet for a duo.

However, solo/duoing a shade is tough and most new active shades were pl'd all the way.

T

Tyka

k, im a bad daoc player, dont think anyone cares really, sigh, why do u keep stalking every post i make with stupid replies..

B

boni_ofdavoid

Light Menta/Light Eld.

How? Why? What?

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by eneq
well you cant ask for the best Hib PvE Duo and then have a NS in that Duo...

My suggestion is to get hold of 3 acc if you want to PL a NS

Have a Manachanter/RegrowthBard as active and the NS as leecher.

But as duo with NS ill prolly say a Bard with full Nurture and rest heals.

Bard lol no.

3accnts:-

Druid (nurt/reg), Chanter (mana ofc), NS.
mr comes in potions.

B

boni_ofdavoid

for a duo you are stuck with ns + bard, or ns + druid, or even ns + warden. All will be slow.

Your best off with ns + druid, after all you NEED a druid at the end of the day for a buffbot.

T

Tyka

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
2 void mages >>> that.

Explain to me what a void eld got except their 2 bolts that can miss in pve? compared to 2 fast light nukers with 2.6 sec casting time and 209 delve dds..

B

boni_ofdavoid

Explain to me what a void eld got except their 2 bolts that can miss in pve? compared to 2 fast light nukers with 2.6 sec casting time and 209 delve dds..

sorry i edited just as you quoted ;)

Explain if you could how you will exp?

2 bolts + 1 DD drop a yellow/oj mob for a void mage. Average damage per spell is much higher. Bolts work very well in combat now too..

void mage + mana menta.

P

PJS

Light Menta/Light Eld.

really, with or without pet? you cant move in hib without tripping over a light eld :)

you need a druid to take on tough stuff bard bases/heals dont cut it :p
oh and if things go slightly wrong focus pulling you need a lot of skill to stay alive (especially when playing 2 characters simultaneously)

I'd really like to level a Nightshade and was wondering on people's opinions as a good partner/bot for this class?

lvl 50 nurt druid ungrouped, out of combat heals + end regen potions
bard needs to be grouped for end so takes 2x longer

T

Tyka

sorry i edited just as you quoted ;)

Explain if you could how you will exp?

2 bolts + 1 DD drop a yellow/oj mob for a void mage. Average damage per spell is much higher. Bolts work very well in combat now too..

void mage + mana menta.

pft why do ppl always edit after i quote.

well i exped alot this way with both light menta and light eld, and both with very powerful dds we could take down around 10 oranges at time before they even reached us.

I just feel that with with a void eld you get more downtime, after u casted 2 bolts, what u gonna do? and mana ment dot wont do much tbh, 179 dd < 209 dd need i say more?

3 dds atm would take down any orange mob (if you know where to hunt) sometimes 2 with a lucky crit, if you are a light nuker, that means when the mob gets hit by 1 dd and turns around its dead.. add another nuker of same calibre and you'll see how fast this goes..

T

Tyka

Originally posted by PJS
really, with or without pet? you cant move in hib without tripping over a light eld :)

he asked for a duo, he didnt ask who to look for did he? k.

P

PJS

he asked for a duo, he didnt ask who to look for did he? k.

no I mean noone chooses to go light eld, its the least desirable eld spec

I just feel that with with a void eld you get more downtime, after u casted 2 bolts, what u gonna do? and mana ment dot wont do much tbh, 179 dd < 209 dd need i say more?

2 bolt + dd = 3 dd in power cost terms? Void dd still hurts :) and youll be MVP in Galla

B

boni_ofdavoid

pft why do ppl always edit after i quote.

well i exped alot this way with both light menta and light eld, and both with very powerful dds we could take down around 10 oranges at time before they even reached us.

3 dds atm would take down any orange mob (if you know where to hunt) sometimes 2 with a lucky crit, if you are a light nuker, that means when the mob gets hit by 1 dd and turns around its dead.. add another nuker of same calibre and you'll see how fast this goes..

yeah ok mana ment thing was badly thought out.

I guess reload time works against bolts. But bolts have stronger damage and will perform better on the pulls when they are used compared to spec DD.

A lot of the problem is using manna efficently. How much downtime you get. Bolt, Bolt, DD, rest for mana while bolt reloads is fairly efficent, if you have mr3 or better perhaps light DD wins out as you get mana back quicker than bolt reload time?

T

Tyka

yeah ok mana ment thing was badly thought out.

I guess reload time works against bolts. But bolts have stronger damage and will perform better on the pulls when they are used compared to spec DD.

A lot of the problem is using manna efficently. How much downtime you get. Bolt, Bolt, DD, rest for mana while bolt reloads is fairly efficent, if you have mr3 or better perhaps light DD wins out as you get mana back quicker than bolt reload time?

reload time gives you plenty of downtime, and uhm, you telling me you can do oranges with bolt, bolt, dd? Guess it can happen but it should be rare.

2 powerful single target dd'ers is most effective, and by higher levels ment will get mana regen wich also will make things alot easier.

Anyways i doubt u can beat 3 dds on an orange, imagine 2 of you with full mana bars, things will never be dull.. maybe somedown time but thats how it is no matter if u are 2 ppl in a group.

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by PJS
its the least desirable eld spec

thats what makes me want it so much tbh :eek: 1 light eld patch and i'll respec like a shot

B

boni_ofdavoid

reload time gives you plenty of downtime, and uhm, you telling me you can do oranges with bolt, bolt, dd? Guess it can happen but it should be rare.

yeah most of the time yes, I soloed to 50, capped int and +void and farmed low hit point cold vunerable mobs in the bogs of cullen (leeches, siabra, crabs, frogs).

spec bolt can one shot ojs on a crit.
2 bolts if one crits will drop an oj some of the time.
2 bolts + DD = better than 50% chance of killing imo.

Its close, swings and roundabouts if you like. The crits are like 2 shot kills, but if either bolt gets resited or misses then your looking at 3+ DDs :/

Thing with the reload time, is without mr its just about perfect for recovering your mana, after all mana regens faster there, so your better off doing the 3-4 spells then resting, 3-4 spells then rest etc. Just depends if the reload time would be mana rest time anyway...

I do concede that with decent mr light DD is probably faster :)

T

Tyka

this is great.. i wrote a long reply and press submit and i get an error..

Anyways, the fact still remains that after you done your 2 bolts and dd, you going to sit there.. while in my group the other mage would do his part, both with more powerful dd's, less downtime, more dmg over time.. etc etc..

Light Eld class is still > everything else in hib when played in a well balanced group, shame most of the people don't dare taking the chances/risks to try out that spec and learn how to use the class to 100%. Light eld is the most balanced of all casters and got most utilities compared to the other mage classes in hib, believe it or not.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Anyways, the fact still remains that after you done your 2 bolts and dd, you going to sit there.. while in my group the other mage would do his part, both with more powerful dd's, less downtime, more dmg over time.. etc etc..

You havent quite convinced me , close but not quite.

As far as i can see we can remove the second mage from the equation? They dont interact as I understand it. So theres no point talking about what 'the other mage' would be doing.

more powerfull dd's yes, but no bolts too. bolt > dd 239dmg/309dmg. vs light spec at 209? void at 171.

cummulative damage table :-

no of spells / void / light
1 309 209
2 548 418
3 719 627
4 890 836
5 1061 1045
6 1232 1254

so you see even if I take bolt+bolt+dd+dd+dd I am still doing more damage/spell.

you have to rest from your DD's at some point.
I have to rest for the bolt cast timer and my bolts/DDs.

If I do my resting for bolt timer at the same time as my resting for mana (and they take the same time), then the bolt recast doesnt matter...

How many seconds rest do you need for 3-5 spells cast. If it was as much as 25seconds I would be fine, it probably isnt, but its not that far off...

T

Tyka

Well if you're going to rule out the other mage in this group then why are we discussing it at all? Everyone knows void eld does most dmg in 3-4 first seconds than any other char in hib..

Anyways, after those 2 bolts, if they miss or so, dds are more reliable. And remember you are still stuck with your dds while the other mage can go on with more stabile damage type.. dds.

Maybe if you have 2 void elds instead of mana menta, but then again, you would'nt have mana regen and a stronger dd then in later levels..

Ok anyways I really don't want to get deep into this as you already seem to have dig up statistics and so, but I tried this myself and can confirm that it is a very good way to xp if you're 2 ppl playing together.. you can have other opinions :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Well if you're going to rule out the other mage in this group then why are we discussing it at all? Everyone knows void eld does most dmg in 3-4 first seconds than any other char in hib..

Anyways, after those 2 bolts, if they miss or so, dds are more reliable. And remember you are still stuck with your dds while the other mage can go on with more stabile damage type.. dds.

Maybe if you have 2 void elds instead of mana menta, but then again, you would'nt have mana regen and a stronger dd then in later levels..

Ok anyways I really don't want to get deep into this as you already seem to have dig up statistics and so, but I tried this myself and can confirm that it is a very good way to xp if you're 2 ppl playing together.. you can have other opinions :)

Yeah well the only function of the other mage (unless your exping in some strange way, thats why i asked for clarification of how you where pulling) is to get more exp:-

1 mage = 1 exp point worth

so 1 leach + 2 mages = 2exp points . leach gets 2/3 exp point.
1 leach + 1 mage = 1 exp point . leach gets 1/2 exp point.

Ideally 7 mages and 1 leach would be optimal, leach would get 7/8 of an exp point ;)

mana regen comes in potions for those void mages serious about pl, but it works more in favour of the light mage, as once a voides downtime gets under bolt recast then he cant improve, but light can ;)

Theres nothing in it tbh, both methods would give roughly the same result, perhaps ill try a light mage to see for myself one day.

L

Lessurl

you telling me you can do oranges with bolt, bolt, dd? Guess it can happen but it should be rare.

Rolled my old gimp out last night to get to farming back some of the cash I spent on housing. Grp got aggroed by a red con fomor outside TS. Bolt, bolt, dd. Was dead in seconds (tho that was with crits on all 3 :p). Happens a lot more often on orange, and as boni said can one shot a lot of orange mobs also.

But, on what is faster for farming/xping (which seems to be the subject of this debate). I've played my eld as void spec and as light spec....and I'm going to have to disagree with you Boni. Tyka is right, light spec is definately faster. This is even without MR, just when i used to solo at leps to farm cash/help friends level with only serenity 1 and mcl.
I found it was much faster with light for the simple reason of the bolt timer. With the light dd I could just stand there nuking, killing about 6+ till my mana dropped to half. Use mcl, do the same again till mana dropped to about half then sit and rest. Most likely in that time i'd killed the entire spawn plus any that respawned during that period. That was probably in about 1-2 mins.
Void I was always having to wait on that bolt timer, which at 20 seconds when things are dropping within the first few seconds of the fight is way too long for decently fast xp. My mana was normally always back to full before the bolt timer had reset.

So to conclude, from someone who has played both specs for a decent period of time. I'd say the 2 light mage combo would be better. :p

B

boni_ofdavoid

Though void DD is only 20% weaker than spec light DD, so I recon its still quite close if you did every other pull with just void DD, and I suspect the 5 min timer on MCL would mean that it wasnt avaible as frequently as you desribe ;)

fair enough though lessurl, cant really argue if you have tried both and found light to be better :)

T

Tyka

Originally posted by Lessurl
So to conclude, from someone who has played both specs for a decent period of time. I'd say the 2 light mage combo would be better. :p

See Boni, you are PWNED!!!

Now kiss my feet, cause this guy knows it all ;)

B

boni_ofdavoid

I wonder if light is more awkward at some levels on the way up? One of the nice things about void is it uses 3 spells to do the damage, chances are you got a new bolt or DD last ding.

I can imagine lvl 44 being hell for a lighty, still using only the lvl 35DD till the lvl45 kicks in..

B

boni_ofdavoid

See Boni, you are PWNED!!!

Now kiss my feet, cause this guy knows it all ;)

hehe, what gimpy old lessurl, never ;)

L

Lessurl

and I suspect the 5 min timer on MCL would mean that it wasnt avaible as frequently as you desribe ;)

I meant nuke till half, mcl, nuke till half, rest. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom