Best gig/live act

O

old.UKTwister

The Coral @ Liverpool Uni August 2002

Probably the best because the coral are from liverpool and the scallies are passionate about anything good that comes out the area!

They played every song twice or even three times as fast making it 45mins of sheer energy
The atmosphere was pretty incredible, at times the singing of the crowd overpowered the actual singer (especially on dreaming of you).

I was standing at the very very front and at Liverpool Uni the crowd are fairly close to the stage.

Excellent fun!

M

mank!

Originally posted by doh_boy

At the manchester one he was getting all stroppy coz the crowd weren't dancing. I, personally, couldn't be arsed :p but everyone else seemed to even less ethusiastic than me.

He started saying stuff like:

''look you paid for your tickets so you can do what you want. You can fucking dance if you want.'

and

'I'm x years older than you and I've ten times more energy ..'

the little girl was getting his knickers in a twist. :/

He was cool at the NEC, weird. No one was dancing really, just stood watching and tapping their feet :)

X

Xtro

1st

Dead Kennedys, Leadmill in Sheffield March 1981. Encore was "Too Drunk to Fuck", "California Uber Alles" and "Let's Lynch the Landlord". Jello Biafra is an incredibly witty and intelligent guy.

2nd

Joy Division, Manchester Apollo (Im SURE it was the Apollo but hey long time ago), May 1979. I was sneaked in by a cousin and it was the first time I had drunk beer :) Scary gig, wonder what would have happened if Ian Curtis hadnt topped himself.

3rd

Fugazi, Manchester Uni (cant remember wtf the venue is actually called but its part of Manc Uni), October 2002. Lol totally blows all your shite nu metal/sk8er boi supposed punk wank out of the water.

D

djpringle

Tough one this, it's a choice between Jane's Addiction at Glasgow Barrowlands or Primal Scream at Glastonbury many moonas ago but I'll go for the Primal's since Tom Jones also played that weekend.

C

caLLous

Only been to 2 live acts in my life. Reef in the Pyramids and Jurassic 5 in Bristol. Reef was average, J5 was super duper fantastico. Chali 2na is The Man.

H

hoggsboss

recently saw richard ashcroft at brixton academy which was pretty good but i think my favourite gig would have to be a toss up between oasis at watford (small gig) or the charlatans all nighter at brixton.

S

(Shovel)

Originally posted by Xtro
3rd

Fugazi, Manchester Uni (cant remember wtf the venue is actually called but its part of Manc Uni)

Manchester Academy

D

danger

1: Bon Jovi/Matchbox Twenty at the Millenium Stadium June 2001 One wild night tough....was absolutely amazing stood on my feet for about 8 hours.. got out the stadium and I could barely walk... but it was amazing... I'd been looking forward to it so much and it didn't disapoint... Jon Bon was an amazing show man... Considering I went to see the support act Matchbox Twenty who were also absolutely awesome and was cool as they played for an hour and a half! I got 2 amazing shows for one...

2: Tool / System of a Down Ozzfest 2002.... Man tool were just awesome Maynard Keenan was awesome he had a think layer of black face paint down the front of his face... he was god like... when stinkfist came on... I coulda creamed! They also had ala tool style loads of wierd shit on video screen including close ups of eyeballs etc... and a computer generated image of someone sticking their finger under someones eye lid heh.... System were also great despite the drummer nearly getting killed when half the set fell down and landed about 2 metres away from him... Opened with Aerials finished with suete pee/sugar mixed into one song heh was great.

Users who are viewing this thread